Unable to add profile after Xbox reset

Discus and support Unable to add profile after Xbox reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I was having issues being unable to update and play online games. After doing a general reset. I reset the Xbox but kept games. Now I am unable to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Marley Divers, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Unable to add profile after Xbox reset

Hi, I was having issues being unable to update and play online games. After doing a general reset. I reset the Xbox but kept games. Now I am unable to add my profile.

It doesn't appear to be an internet issue as my brother's Xbox is working fine. I have tried playing Xbox in different area of the house but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

:)

Marley Divers, Jan 22, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Kindly try clearing your console's cache by following the steps below.

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If it still doesn't work, try using both a wireless and wired connection (if possible try using a mobile hotspot as well) and see if it will make any difference.
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Unable to add new profile after reboot/factory reset

Hey there stephencameron1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to deal with this issue. I can totally understand how this could be pretty concerning. I think it might be due to your connection. I recommend trying while connecting to another network.

When you get the chance, give that a shot and let us know if that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

Can't connect to Farming simulator 19 server

There seems to be a few gamers that is unable to play the game today. No official news from Giants that there is an issue at the moment.

Have removed your profile from the console and add it after a hard reset/power cycle?
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Unable to sign in to profile xbox one

I am unable to sign in to my profile on xbox one. I have done multiple hard resets and cold resets with no luck. I click my profile and the grey box pops up for my passkey but I am unable to enter it cause its just a blank grey box. This is annoying
    and irritating - I can't even add a new profile - all we get is a grey box popping up and then back to the screen
    Are you able to login on the web site
  6. Hordie Win User

I cant open any apps PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi XxR4INB0WD3RPxX,

Try removing your profile by following
    this link.
    After it's removed do a hard reset, then add it back.
Thema:

1. Unable to add profile after Xbox reset - Similar Threads - Unable add profile

2. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  3. Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24: I’ve got 2 XBOX series X for my 2 sons both with Xbox Series X/S version of FC24 installed. They are in same room and both connected online. Both are using family accounts on Xbox and both have...
  4. Unable to add new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add new account: Hi there. Will appreciate any help. Trying to create a new account on a new xbox series x. After clicking “add new” a white spinning wheel appears and after some time takes back to the home...
  5. I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...: I am unable to add any friends at all on xbox x, pc, or cell phone app. I can't message or join parties either despite the proper settings. 4eebcb82-bf07-4041-ac93-0d2ad44f1391
  6. i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...: i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say check the info it doesn't match this card but i have been trying since 2 hours...
  7. 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing: so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior: • add them via xbox console: they appear for ~30 minutes, then...
  8. Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t: Dear support team, I am facing two issues currently: Firstly, I cannot add my kid’s account back to the Family Safety Account and the system showed me to ask the support team for help. The...
  9. Unable to add steam friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to add steam friends?: How do I add Xbox friends so I can cross play games like civ and remnant? My Xbox friend says he is unable to find my steam name to add me even though he linked his steam account to his Xbox. Do I...
  10. Unable to add my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add my account.: Series X, unable to add account. Done all the necessary reboots, have cleaned it and still nothing. Appears to load then just stops. 74c2ba1f-ab4f-46bd-9d8c-5ab6d73757de