Unable to add payment method as I can't change country information field in Microsoft...

Discus and support Unable to add payment method as I can't change country information field in Microsoft... in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi. So I was going to puchase a name change for my xbox gamertag and I got to the payment. I couldnt change the country information field. I went... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by frogclip, Feb 9, 2021.

1. frogclip
    frogclip Guest

Unable to add payment method as I can't change country information field in Microsoft...

Hi. So I was going to puchase a name change for my xbox gamertag and I got to the payment. I couldnt change the country information field. I went looking for a solution but the only one I got was oniy meant for computer. I am on Ipad and I have no computer at home. Can someone help me?

-

:)

frogclip, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Stephanie Dequito Win User

Cant add new credit card

Hi Viktoras! I'm more than happy to help you out!

According to a Microsoft agent who posted a solution to a similar issue:

"Few of the things you can check while entering the details:

Enter your name precisely as it appears on the card. Only include your middle initial if it appears on your card.

If this is a company card, enter the company name as both a first name and last name. For example, if the company name is "Contoso Shoes" split the company name into the first and last name fields.

If the company only has one name, for example, "Contoso," enter the company name in both the first and last name fields.

If you are asked to enter the address and it exceeds the Address 1 field, use the Address 2 field. Do not shorten or abbreviate your address.

The card number and type cannot be edited, so if you make a mistake, you'll need to add a new one with the correct information. Other credit card information can be edited, such as billing address and expiration date."

In order to add payment method, please try to follow the steps:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account to account.microsoft.com

2. Select Add a new payment method.

​​​​​​​Note: Even though country/region is listed on this page, you cannot change it here. To change your account's country or region, select Your info then Edit country/region.

Note: The information must match the information required by your financial institution for authorization.

Having the exact information is critical to the authorization process.

3. Select the type of payment method you want to add, add your info, and select Save.

4. Contact your bank and update your billing information on your payment card.

To learn more about these, I have provided you with the links below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-c39dbc30-bc83-30c8-5ea9-d0d94e6dcfe4

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nt-match/61afc57c-6d83-4c29-b600-2cb7d79921a9

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  3. David Wirsching Win User

Can't add my bank card?

Hello Luna W, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Make sure your bank card is compatible with payment methods accepted by Xbox. Some cards may have restrictions or may not be compatible with certain online services. You can consult the Xbox documentation or contact Xbox support for specific information on supported bank cards.

Also make sure the billing address you're entering exactly matches the address on file with your bank account. Even minor errors, such as an incorrect abbreviation or incorrect number, can cause information to be rejected.

To add a new payment method.
    Sign in to your Microsoft account: Go to your Microsoft account and select Sign in.
    Go to the Payment & Billing - Payment Options page in your account dashboard.
    Select Add a new payment method.
    Select the type of payment method you want to add, add your information and select Save.
    To change the country or region of your account, select Your information, then Edit country or region. If the billing address does not match the card, you can add the new billing address and set it as the default.

Best regards.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Need urgent help for purchase MS points

Where has the language changed?

If paypal is not available as a payment method in your country, then there's no way to get around that to add it to your account. Also, if her billing information does not match your account's information, then that could cause issues as well.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Can't add a card to my account

Hello slayingmilk434,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to add a payment instrument to your Microsoft account Microsoft has a support article that provides

troubleshooting for payment option issues
    . This error is generally associated with the billing information for the payment instrument. Be sure to let us know the results
    slayingmilk434!
  6. SammyVS Win User

Pre-ordering Forza Horizon 5 problem

In the link I sent you to add a payment method, doesn't it give you the option to add a payment method from another country?
Thema:

1. Unable to add payment method as I can't change country information field in Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Unable add payment

2. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  3. Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24: I’ve got 2 XBOX series X for my 2 sons both with Xbox Series X/S version of FC24 installed. They are in same room and both connected online. Both are using family accounts on Xbox and both have...
  4. Unable to add new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add new account: Hi there. Will appreciate any help. Trying to create a new account on a new xbox series x. After clicking “add new” a white spinning wheel appears and after some time takes back to the home...
  5. I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...: I am unable to add any friends at all on xbox x, pc, or cell phone app. I can't message or join parties either despite the proper settings. 4eebcb82-bf07-4041-ac93-0d2ad44f1391
  6. i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...: i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say check the info it doesn't match this card but i have been trying since 2 hours...
  7. 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing: so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior: • add them via xbox console: they appear for ~30 minutes, then...
  8. Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t: Dear support team, I am facing two issues currently: Firstly, I cannot add my kid’s account back to the Family Safety Account and the system showed me to ask the support team for help. The...
  9. Unable to add steam friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to add steam friends?: How do I add Xbox friends so I can cross play games like civ and remnant? My Xbox friend says he is unable to find my steam name to add me even though he linked his steam account to his Xbox. Do I...
  10. Unable to add payment method.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to add payment method.: Hi, I'm unable to add payment method in my Microsoft Account. It always asked me to check the debit card's information and I have checked everything over and over again, my debit card information...