Unable to add friend on new XBox One

Discus and support Unable to add friend on new XBox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello folks. Okay, we have a new X-Box one, and for 3 days now I am unable to add a friend for my nephew's account on the xbox. When logged in under... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Igornator007, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Igornator007
    Igornator007 Guest

Hello folks. Okay, we have a new X-Box one, and for 3 days now I am unable to add a friend for my nephew's account on the xbox. When logged in under his name, I go to add friends, and it says something along the lines of You do not have permission to do
    this.

So I logged in under my username, and I still can't figure out how to allow my nephew to add friends. When I look at the microsoft help pages, none of the menus look anything like what I see on my xbox one, this link isn't a microsoft one, but it tells me
    how to do about the same thing, http://visihow.com/Add_Friends_on_Xbox_One, and none of my option windows look like what the examples show.

Please someone, write out a step by step for a moron like me, about how to allow my nephew to add a friend.

:)

Igornator007, Dec 26, 2015
  2. TWO Squanchy
    TWO Squanchy Guest
    UNABLE TO ADD FRIENDS ON XBOX ONE!!!!!

I can add people on browser but not on the app

TWO Squanchy, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

No update at this moment, but we'll keep you posted along the way! Were you able to try the Xbox app as well as Xbox.com?

Mister Beep, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Igornator007
    Igornator007 Guest

okay.......I guess nobody else has this issue?

Igornator007, Dec 27, 2015
  5. Cpt Flappy
    Cpt Flappy Guest
    if your nephews account is set up as a child account he will need to have his privacy and security settings modified to allow this. this can only be done by the parent account listed on his account. if you are unsure of which account is the parent account
    contact support and give them the child account and they will be able to view who the parent account is and walk you through changing the childs account settings. phone number for support is 1-800-469-9269 or if you prefer you can contact their chat support
    here support.xbox.com/.../contact-us and choose chat with an agent

Cpt Flappy, Dec 27, 2015
  6. Your Nephews account may have settings blocked stopping the account from adding friends, to edit this, Log into your nephews account, go to ''my games and apps'' located on the xbox home screen, then go to settings, Account, Privacy & online safety, click
    custom, view details and continue, on this menu you should see an option saying ''you can add friends'' ..Make this Allow then save the changes.

Happy Gaming!

Final Boss XII, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Cpt Flappy Win User

if your nephews account is set up as a child account he will need to have his privacy and security settings modified to allow this. this can only be done by the parent account listed on his account. if you are unsure of which account is the parent account
    contact support and give them the child account and they will be able to view who the parent account is and walk you through changing the childs account settings. phone number for support is 1-800-469-9269 or if you prefer you can contact their chat support
    here support.xbox.com/.../contact-us and choose chat with an agent
  8. Final Boss XII Win User

Your Nephews account may have settings blocked stopping the account from adding friends, to edit this, Log into your nephews account, go to ''my games and apps'' located on the xbox home screen, then go to settings, Account, Privacy & online safety, click
    custom, view details and continue, on this menu you should see an option saying ''you can add friends'' ..Make this Allow then save the changes.

Happy Gaming!
  9. Igornator007 Win User

okay.......I guess nobody else has this issue?
  10. TWO Squanchy Win User

I can add people on browser but not on the app
  11. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there!

This is an issue that we're aware of, and the appropriate team is currently investigating. Can you try adding friends on Xbox.com or the Xbox app and let us know if you receive different results? Thank you for your patience!
Thema:

1. Unable to add friend on new XBox One - Similar Threads - Unable add friend

2. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  3. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  4. Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24: I’ve got 2 XBOX series X for my 2 sons both with Xbox Series X/S version of FC24 installed. They are in same room and both connected online. Both are using family accounts on Xbox and both have...
  5. Unable to add new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add new account: Hi there. Will appreciate any help. Trying to create a new account on a new xbox series x. After clicking “add new” a white spinning wheel appears and after some time takes back to the home...
  6. I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...: I am unable to add any friends at all on xbox x, pc, or cell phone app. I can't message or join parties either despite the proper settings. 4eebcb82-bf07-4041-ac93-0d2ad44f1391
  7. i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...: i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say check the info it doesn't match this card but i have been trying since 2 hours...
  8. 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing: so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior: • add them via xbox console: they appear for ~30 minutes, then...
  9. Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t: Dear support team, I am facing two issues currently: Firstly, I cannot add my kid’s account back to the Family Safety Account and the system showed me to ask the support team for help. The...
  10. Unable to add steam friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to add steam friends?: How do I add Xbox friends so I can cross play games like civ and remnant? My Xbox friend says he is unable to find my steam name to add me even though he linked his steam account to his Xbox. Do I...