UK Xbox 360 - power supply issue

Discus and support UK Xbox 360 - power supply issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have a UK Xbox 360 with a 200-240V at 63HZ power supply, which I am trying to use in Canada that uses 120V and 60Hz. I am unsure of the best way... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by djambeeg, Feb 14, 2023.

1. djambeeg
    djambeeg Guest

Hi, I have a UK Xbox 360 with a 200-240V at 63HZ power supply, which I am trying to use in Canada that uses 120V and 60Hz. I am unsure of the best way to solve the problem and was wandering if anyone had encountered this. From my understanding buying a voltage transformer might be one possibility? Or buying a 2nd hand power supply that works on 100-127V? Thank you

:)

djambeeg, Feb 14, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Help I am overseas and My xbox 360s will not work..

I know the question is answered, but just to let you know, you can get another official xbox power supply from microsoft for your region. All xbox 360 s powers supplies are compatible with all xbox 360 s models, no matter where you are in the world. So
    a UK power supply will work on a US console.
  3. Paraffin Alien Win User

Power adapters for Xbox 2006

The voltage in the US is only 110v as opposed to 240v here in the UK, so any US power supply that you do buy will not power a UK machine.

The different wattage outputs relate to the power consumption of the chipset in the console, of which there are three. The latest, the Jasper, only has a power consumption of 150w.

Power supplies are not backwards compatible, ie, you can not use a new power supply on the early model 360. But you can use an early model power supply on a late model 360, this is down to the configuration of the power supply socket on the back of the console.
  4. HassanB Win User

Changing XBox Live account region

The 100+ Arcade Games are included in "DLC Content" (Downloadable Content), they are tied to the gamertag, and that XBOX.

If you plan on using the same XBOX 360 in the UK you will need a new power supply as well since US / UK have different power voltages and the games you get from the UK are in a different format as well.

USA = 120 V and UK = 230 V, they are not compatible with each other so you'd need to get yourself a new power supply if you intend on using the same XBOX 360.

Games made in the USA (and compatible with USA consoles - NTSC Format), Games sold in the UK (and compatible with UK consoles - PAL Format)

So, please be mindful of that :).
  5. Mark Sherwood Win User

Power supply Question

Hey there, yes you would also need a UK Transformer (unless the adapter can manage the power transform itself - which some do). Alternatively, you could just order a 'UK Xbox 360 Power Supply' and use that in your console instead of the American one.

It would save a lot of bother :)

The console itself is the same everywhere and the power supply just manages the electrical current from its local socket into the console. So a UK Power Supply would resolve this for you and would probably be (in my own opinion) the best method.
  6. Bazajaytee Win User

UK xbox in the US

If you purchase a travel adapter from the UK for US travel then you can plug in your UK 360 power to that and then into the power outlet in the wall when you are in the US. The UK power supply will work more than easily enough in the US as their voltage
    is lower than it is in the UK so no power transformer is required.
Thema:

1. UK Xbox 360 - power supply issue - Similar Threads - 360 power supply

2. Xbox 360 Elite power supply light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite power supply light: I have a Xbox 360 Elite and the power supply light is orange when I am using the console. Is this normal? Thanks ec522ef2-d4f1-4329-809d-b632280e2257
  3. Xbox 360 refusing to power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 refusing to power on: Hoping my xbox hasn't died, but I'm reasonably sure it has. Yesterday, I was playing a game for a couple of hours and the 360 powered off and wouldn't immediately turn back on. The power button...
  4. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  5. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  6. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  7. My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do: My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do 1d66ad3b-84c4-4e95-8c6a-c2a1021f5941
  8. Power Supply for Xbox 360 S Console model 1439

in XBoX on Windows
    Power Supply for Xbox 360 S Console model 1439: All, I need help in getting replacement power supply for my Xbox 360 S Console Model 1439. The power cord which came along with the original box is gone due to voltage difference. My original...
  9. Can I use a 9.6A power supply with a 10.83A 360 Slim ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a 9.6A power supply with a 10.83A 360 Slim ?: Some 360 Slims are rated 9.6A and some are rated 10.83A. Can I use a 9.6A power supply with a 10.83A 360 Slim ? 349a58e8-cbf9-49e7-b0e8-00c144d610bf
  10. Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...: Well my Xbox 360 power button flashed for 2 seconds or more after turn on but the console immediately shuts down even when plugged intp the wall socket And no, my wall socket has no issues....