Typical customer support?

Discus and support Typical customer support? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I go and spend £450 on an Xbox One expecting to get £450 worth of entertainment out of it, instead I find myself wasting all my time trying to fix... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jennermam, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Jennermam
    Jennermam Guest

So, I go and spend £450 on an Xbox One expecting to get £450 worth of entertainment out of it, instead I find myself wasting all my time trying to fix a headset that's been broken since I brought it.

First step? Asking a customer support "Ambassador" on how to fix it, to which i get:

:)

Jennermam, Feb 5, 2014
  2. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Typical

Hey there Wizard231!

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the connection issues! Like I mentioned in one of your earlier threads, I'd really like to help you out with this issue, but we need the information below to have a basic understanding of where everything is at.

Please post back with the each of the following information so we can help you get this sorted!

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

How many 360 and One consoles are connected to this router?:

Wired or wireless (for each console):

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? (Yes/No/Unknown):

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?:

Thanks!

Mister Beep, Feb 5, 2014
  3. Typical

predictably terrible service on a major release. This is horrendous. I can't play any of my games. This system is completely bricked because of this. Thanks. Money obviously well spent.

Baphomets Haze, Feb 5, 2014
  4. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest

Try reading the first line of your transcript.

Then check the mute button, then read the first line of your transcript again if not fixed, then contact official support.

John Dowding, Feb 5, 2014
  5. Mr Boozyhead
    Mr Boozyhead Guest
    My son's headset was duff and I just contacted Tesco and they sent out a replacement, just take it into Game and they should replace it for you.

Mr Boozyhead, Feb 5, 2014
  6. Actually Ambassadors are not Microsoft employees and don't get paid, we are gamers who volunteer our time to help other gamers to the best of our knowledge.

IAmProjectAlice, Feb 5, 2014
  7. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    As deezee said, just take it back to GAME and you should have no issues replacing it. My daughters XB1 controller was faulty, took it into GAME, replaced it straight away Typical customer support? :)

Lofty Who, Feb 5, 2014
  8. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest

I think the ambassador gave you adequate responses to the best of his knowledge, taking it back to the store where you purchased from is a no brainer, I don't see anything wrong with the community support you received.

Farscape247, Feb 6, 2014
  9. The OP was given good advice, common sense stuff really.

Not sure what he's complaining about on here.

MetalGearFloppy, Feb 6, 2014
  10. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    his point was lost completely when he started ranting about "what is he getting paid for? Monthly pay cheque to copy and paste generic responses from a language that i doubt he even speaks"

John Dowding, Feb 6, 2014
  11. ^^^^ Yup... Plus, lets face it, the first thing 99% of people in the same situation would do would be to ring Game or just take the headset back.

MetalGearFloppy, Feb 6, 2014
  12. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    I still reckon he cant work the mute button! ;-)

John Dowding, Oct 31, 2018
  13. MetalGearFloppy Win User

^^^^ Yup... Plus, lets face it, the first thing 99% of people in the same situation would do would be to ring Game or just take the headset back.
  14. MetalGearFloppy Win User

The OP was given good advice, common sense stuff really.

Not sure what he's complaining about on here.
  15. John Dowding Win User

I still reckon he cant work the mute button! ;-)
  16. Lofty Who Win User

As deezee said, just take it back to GAME and you should have no issues replacing it. My daughters XB1 controller was faulty, took it into GAME, replaced it straight away :)
  17. Mr Boozyhead Win User

My son's headset was duff and I just contacted Tesco and they sent out a replacement, just take it into Game and they should replace it for you.
Thema:

1. Typical customer support? - Similar Threads - Typical customer support

2. Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller, my first, expensive controller, and I've been happy with it so far. Now the bumpers are starting to be faulty, the fault is already known. The controller is...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  5. Why is gaming typically done by kids such a pain in the **** when it comes to permissions

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is gaming typically done by kids such a pain in the **** when it comes to permissions: I've had it with Microsoft. I've switched to iOS years ago and I've lost touch with all the nuances it takes to navigate permissions and settings for gaming. I've got kids that want to play online...
  6. How to fix continual green ship loading screen without the typical "lots of players playing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix continual green ship loading screen without the typical "lots of players playing...: It works fine in the browser just not on the app (PC Win 11). Already tried removing firewalls, logging in and out, Xbox app and windows are fully updated. Works on other devices....
  7. When are the Xbox Fanfest Trivia rewards typically given out?

in XBoX on Windows
    When are the Xbox Fanfest Trivia rewards typically given out?: I participated in the 23 August Fanfest Trivia and placed top 500. But I seem to not have received any rewards on my account. 31929f5a-a9be-4e6c-9c80-ba102d6a5d8f
  8. Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?: Has this been fixed? Genuinely tried 6 or 7 "fixes" now and absolutely nothing works. Yet the continue to charge me $15 a month and the app simply doesn't work. It's ridiculous. Anybody know of a...
  9. Is R1 a typical malfunction on the Xbox controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is R1 a typical malfunction on the Xbox controller?: I’ve had several XBox X|S controllers go down because R1 bumper just stops working. Is this a common issue? 4517ea52-6956-4043-8e09-abd93aa76aa2
  10. Typical Asus TUF F15 wifi disappearing issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Typical Asus TUF F15 wifi disappearing issue: Hi I have ASUS TUF F15 Laptop while gaming wifi disappears please help me in resolving this issue. eb74a8c4-2e9e-4e2f-b81a-c7d33902ae87