Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of ...

Discus and support Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 7.1 system set up correctly, and 7.1 uncompressed will NOT use the side surrounds at all on any content outside of gaming, it just throws all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WillyBurz, Dec 17, 2015.

1. WillyBurz
    WillyBurz Guest

Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of ...

I have a 7.1 system set up correctly, and 7.1 uncompressed will NOT use the side surrounds at all on any content outside of gaming, it just throws all surround to the back wall surround speakers... NOTHING comes out of the side surrounds. Why has Microsoft
    not corrected this...Either fix it to use all 4 surrounds correctly by doubling up the output to each, or a suedo 7.1 Matrixed coding...Just do something, as the side surrounds have never received sound outside of gaming since the release of the system!

:)

WillyBurz, Dec 17, 2015
  2. 7.1 surround sound

The only source that can play uncompressed 7.1 is blu ray. I'm pretty sure at the moment, games are still just using 5.1 surround, but if have a 7.1 setup, it will replicate it.

ShadowChaser36, Dec 17, 2015
  3. WillSmithVXR
    WillSmithVXR Guest
    DTS reverting back to Uncompressed 7.1

[quote user="themountainlion"] If your only 5.1, choose 5.1 uncompressed. Doing the 7.1 would not benefit any without the two extra speakers, and probably make it a weird mix and not sound as good.[/quote]

From memory the Xbone does got give the option of 5.1.

AFAIK if 7.1 is chosen and you only have a 5.1 home theatre the Receiver redirects the missing 2 channels to the back speakers.

BTW When I had my cable box connected the sound would revert from DTS to Stereo. Now I have disconnected the Cable box it reverts (less frequently) from DTS to uncompressed 7.1. I now leave it on uncompressed 7.1. (Receiver Yamaha DSP-Z7)

WillSmithVXR, Dec 17, 2015
  4. Dazerialus
    Dazerialus Guest

Maybe the movies you are trying to watch only support 5.1... as that's all most movies support. Simply because almost no one has 7.1. It's not your hardware or those speakers wouldn't work at all. Is it just the Xbox One that the movies do this to? Do you
    have another bluray player or another device that has the 7.1 capability that you can try the movies on? I am willing to bet that it's just the movies lacking support for 7.1. Also, in the movie menu's, like special features, some have audio features. There
    could be an option on some movies for 7.1. The default is usually 5.1 because, like I said, most people have 5.1...

Dazerialus, Dec 17, 2015
  5. WillyBurz
    WillyBurz Guest
    What I'm saying it either program it to matrix the 5.1, or if you aren't going to, have it programmed correctly to use your side surrounds, NOT just the back. All digital content outside of games only play out of the back surrounds, nothing to the standard
    side surrounds.

WillyBurz, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Dazerialus Win User

Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of Games.

Maybe the movies you are trying to watch only support 5.1... as that's all most movies support. Simply because almost no one has 7.1. It's not your hardware or those speakers wouldn't work at all. Is it just the Xbox One that the movies do this to? Do you
    have another bluray player or another device that has the 7.1 capability that you can try the movies on? I am willing to bet that it's just the movies lacking support for 7.1. Also, in the movie menu's, like special features, some have audio features. There
    could be an option on some movies for 7.1. The default is usually 5.1 because, like I said, most people have 5.1...
  7. WillyBurz Win User

Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of Games.

What I'm saying it either program it to matrix the 5.1, or if you aren't going to, have it programmed correctly to use your side surrounds, NOT just the back. All digital content outside of games only play out of the back surrounds, nothing to the standard
    side surrounds.
  8. ShadowChaser36 Win User

7.1 surround sound

The only source that can play uncompressed 7.1 is blu ray. I'm pretty sure at the moment, games are still just using 5.1 surround, but if have a 7.1 setup, it will replicate it.
  9. UncommonDock7 Win User

sound issues

This is true. Read microsoft forum. 7.1 uncompressed does not work. You get error code 0x80bd0009.
  10. WillSmithVXR Win User

DTS reverting back to Uncompressed 7.1

[quote user="themountainlion"] If your only 5.1, choose 5.1 uncompressed. Doing the 7.1 would not benefit any without the two extra speakers, and probably make it a weird mix and not sound as good.[/quote]

From memory the Xbone does got give the option of 5.1.

AFAIK if 7.1 is chosen and you only have a 5.1 home theatre the Receiver redirects the missing 2 channels to the back speakers.

BTW When I had my cable box connected the sound would revert from DTS to Stereo. Now I have disconnected the Cable box it reverts (less frequently) from DTS to uncompressed 7.1. I now leave it on uncompressed 7.1. (Receiver Yamaha DSP-Z7)
Thema:

1. Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of ... - Similar Threads - years Uncompressed still

2. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  3. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  4. Will my 5 or 6 year game drive work on a series x

in XBoX on Windows
    Will my 5 or 6 year game drive work on a series x: I have an 8tb Seagate game drive that is 5-6 years old. I have it connected to my one x. I'm looking to upgrade to a series x and want to know if my game drive is compatible or if I will have to...
  5. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  6. This guy keeps reporting me and getting me banned and I'm on my last strike till a one year ban

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    This guy keeps reporting me and getting me banned and I'm on my last strike till a one year ban: Do you guys k ow what to do ce2c8c28-5da0-4e53-9cc3-ce9f81ee279a
  7. Same problem different year

in XBoX on Consoles
    Same problem different year: I bought a Xbox one x probably in 17' and had it fixed for disc drive issues and it's been out of commission for over a 2yrs now because of the same issue I just don't have $240 I may have the...
  8. How many xbox refunds do we get per year?

in XBoX on Windows
    How many xbox refunds do we get per year?: Ive tried refunding multiple different items the past couple of months but everything gets declined and im told the same thing. It says ive reached my refund limit....
  9. my dad got banned from the 360 like 10 years ago.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my dad got banned from the 360 like 10 years ago.: i know that console bans are extremely rarely lifted but can it be lifted somehow? i need an answer ASAP 49f10259-ccb7-4202-bb40-d34669c24a21
  10. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...