Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of ...

Discus and support Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 7.1 system set up correctly, and 7.1 uncompressed will NOT use the side surrounds at all on any content outside of gaming, it just throws all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WillyBurz, Dec 17, 2015.

1. WillyBurz
    WillyBurz Guest

Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of ...

I have a 7.1 system set up correctly, and 7.1 uncompressed will NOT use the side surrounds at all on any content outside of gaming, it just throws all surround to the back wall surround speakers... NOTHING comes out of the side surrounds. Why has Microsoft
    not corrected this...Either fix it to use all 4 surrounds correctly by doubling up the output to each, or a suedo 7.1 Matrixed coding...Just do something, as the side surrounds have never received sound outside of gaming since the release of the system!

:)

WillyBurz, Dec 17, 2015
  2. 7.1 surround sound

The only source that can play uncompressed 7.1 is blu ray. I'm pretty sure at the moment, games are still just using 5.1 surround, but if have a 7.1 setup, it will replicate it.

ShadowChaser36, Dec 17, 2015
  3. WillSmithVXR
    WillSmithVXR Guest
    DTS reverting back to Uncompressed 7.1

[quote user="themountainlion"] If your only 5.1, choose 5.1 uncompressed. Doing the 7.1 would not benefit any without the two extra speakers, and probably make it a weird mix and not sound as good.[/quote]

From memory the Xbone does got give the option of 5.1.

AFAIK if 7.1 is chosen and you only have a 5.1 home theatre the Receiver redirects the missing 2 channels to the back speakers.

BTW When I had my cable box connected the sound would revert from DTS to Stereo. Now I have disconnected the Cable box it reverts (less frequently) from DTS to uncompressed 7.1. I now leave it on uncompressed 7.1. (Receiver Yamaha DSP-Z7)

WillSmithVXR, Dec 17, 2015
  4. Dazerialus
    Dazerialus Guest

Maybe the movies you are trying to watch only support 5.1... as that's all most movies support. Simply because almost no one has 7.1. It's not your hardware or those speakers wouldn't work at all. Is it just the Xbox One that the movies do this to? Do you
    have another bluray player or another device that has the 7.1 capability that you can try the movies on? I am willing to bet that it's just the movies lacking support for 7.1. Also, in the movie menu's, like special features, some have audio features. There
    could be an option on some movies for 7.1. The default is usually 5.1 because, like I said, most people have 5.1...

Dazerialus, Dec 17, 2015
  5. WillyBurz
    WillyBurz Guest
    What I'm saying it either program it to matrix the 5.1, or if you aren't going to, have it programmed correctly to use your side surrounds, NOT just the back. All digital content outside of games only play out of the back surrounds, nothing to the standard
    side surrounds.

WillyBurz, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Dazerialus Win User

Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of Games.

Maybe the movies you are trying to watch only support 5.1... as that's all most movies support. Simply because almost no one has 7.1. It's not your hardware or those speakers wouldn't work at all. Is it just the Xbox One that the movies do this to? Do you
    have another bluray player or another device that has the 7.1 capability that you can try the movies on? I am willing to bet that it's just the movies lacking support for 7.1. Also, in the movie menu's, like special features, some have audio features. There
    could be an option on some movies for 7.1. The default is usually 5.1 because, like I said, most people have 5.1...
  7. WillyBurz Win User

Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of Games.

What I'm saying it either program it to matrix the 5.1, or if you aren't going to, have it programmed correctly to use your side surrounds, NOT just the back. All digital content outside of games only play out of the back surrounds, nothing to the standard
    side surrounds.
  8. ShadowChaser36 Win User

7.1 surround sound

The only source that can play uncompressed 7.1 is blu ray. I'm pretty sure at the moment, games are still just using 5.1 surround, but if have a 7.1 setup, it will replicate it.
  9. UncommonDock7 Win User

sound issues

This is true. Read microsoft forum. 7.1 uncompressed does not work. You get error code 0x80bd0009.
  10. WillSmithVXR Win User

DTS reverting back to Uncompressed 7.1

[quote user="themountainlion"] If your only 5.1, choose 5.1 uncompressed. Doing the 7.1 would not benefit any without the two extra speakers, and probably make it a weird mix and not sound as good.[/quote]

From memory the Xbone does got give the option of 5.1.

AFAIK if 7.1 is chosen and you only have a 5.1 home theatre the Receiver redirects the missing 2 channels to the back speakers.

BTW When I had my cable box connected the sound would revert from DTS to Stereo. Now I have disconnected the Cable box it reverts (less frequently) from DTS to uncompressed 7.1. I now leave it on uncompressed 7.1. (Receiver Yamaha DSP-Z7)
Thema:

1. Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of ... - Similar Threads - years Uncompressed still

2. Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it

in XBoX on Windows
    Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it: I’m posting this here out of desperation. I sent my ES2 controller in for warranty repair in November 2022. Over the course of about a year, I called XCS several times to try and find out about...
  3. Xbox refund? Or is it one refund per year?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox refund? Or is it one refund per year?: So I want to refund something, but I’ve seen that there is a one refund per year limit? Last time I had a refund was 20/5/23 submitted by /u/RKBA123 [link] [comments]
  4. Been a active member for a while now, couple years and no invite into the alpha rings yet

in XboX Insiders
    Been a active member for a while now, couple years and no invite into the alpha rings yet: What do we have to do to get into the alpha rings? I’ve been in beta ring for so long that I’m getting FOMO LOL submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  5. WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/please-fix-the-xbox-series-2-elite-controller/6d6ede9e-9057-4e58-adde-09210e6ab9f0 This is completely RIDICULOUS. This is the same issue that I...
  6. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  7. xbox bundle from EE 2 year game pass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox bundle from EE 2 year game pass subscription: I brought an xbox bundle from EE that came with a 2 year subscription to game pass there seems to be a glitch as it wont activate, does anyone know how to solve this?...
  8. Please help. I have been wrongly acussed of bad language which had resulted in a 1 year ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please help. I have been wrongly acussed of bad language which had resulted in a 1 year ban: My account was stolen and the guy decided to swear and report my account. I ws ban for a year please someone help 501867b0-87c2-495f-952a-51d787b097c5
  9. Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch: Every new update brings the same exact patch notes saying “we’ve got reports of audio issues…blah blah blah.” Can we please get some form of update or at least some progress on these issues?...
  10. Suggesting That The Next Elite This Year Will Have All the Best From DualSense Edge, Scuf &...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting That The Next Elite This Year Will Have All the Best From DualSense Edge, Scuf &...: Hello Microsoft friends. Suggesting that next Xbox gamepad controller this year be it the Elite or the regular Xbox Series have all that gamers want but all leveled up to 3 levels: a) all the...