Two different accounts permanently "locked for suspicious activity" without ever being used

Discus and support Two different accounts permanently "locked for suspicious activity" without ever being used in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Two of my Xbox accounts were "locked for suspicious activity" without ever being logged into (on console), messaged on or used in any way. Either... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bishop Michael, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Two different accounts permanently "locked for suspicious activity" without ever being used

Two of my Xbox accounts were "locked for suspicious activity" without ever being logged into (on console), messaged on or used in any way. Either Microsoft knows something about my accounts that I don't or they were accidentally flagged in some kind of ban wave. The more recently created of the two accounts had literally no activity except for changing the gamertag from the default one and putting on a profile picture. aside from this activity there was no other login attempt or activity done on the account.

I'm just looking to figure out why this is happening as Microsoft is extremely vague on why they lock and ban accounts. Very strange.

:)

Bishop Michael, Jul 21, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Two different accounts permanently "locked for suspicious activity" without ever being used

Yes, this is considered an alternative email address. In this case, I'm not sure why they locked your accounts. Have you tried to unlock them?
  3. Bishop Michael Win User

What constitutes as an "alternate email address" because when I created my Outlook accounts they were registered under gmail accounts as backups, which I could use to reset passwords, etc. Did I need a secondary gmail on top of the primary to have the Outlook account considered "backed up"?
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Bishop. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Have you setup an alternative email address or phone number to these two accounts? No user here can tell you why Microsoft locked your accounts, but maybe if the accounts did not have a security information added to them, they may have been considered as spam accounts.

But again, I cannot say for sure and any other user here on the community will be able to do so. Have you tried to unlock them? This is not possible?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Waiting for your follow-up.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

xbox ban method

Hi! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

For that to work will be necessary that someone has your email address and password, if you wanna avoid any possibility of a suspicious login in your account you can set 2 steps verification on the account

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
    I think you've missed what the OP is referring to. The OP is saying that the person deliberately tries to login to your account with wrong information (basically, without knowing your password) and the account gets locked due to suspicious activity (presumably the password needs to be entered wrongly a certain number of times before the account becomes locked)...this then locks the player out of their own account
  6. Jaylin.1 Win User

Locked out of my Microsoft/Xbox account because of “Suspicious activity”

No like I know my password they locked my account for “Suspicious activity” and I submitted a Form to get back into but I never got a response
Thema:

1. Two different accounts permanently "locked for suspicious activity" without ever being used - Similar Threads - different accounts permanently

2. i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...: i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do that? e8ce0939-2d4f-4fb2-8053-513825fb040a
  3. How to sign in with different account when in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to sign in with different account when in sea of thieves?: I recently got hacked and my old account can no longer be used. Therefore I signed out from the button in-game. but when I tried to log in with a different account nothing happened when i clicked...
  4. I have an Xbox Series X and would like to know if I can add two different accounts in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox Series X and would like to know if I can add two different accounts in...: I have an Xbox Series X and would like to know if I can add two different accounts in different languages. aac7782c-a5cb-4aba-b5d7-17b29aa8beea
  5. I have an Xbox Series X and would like to know if I can add two different accounts in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox Series X and would like to know if I can add two different accounts in...: I have an Xbox Series X and would like to know if I can add two different accounts in different languages. d6ca57d1-5f0b-4475-8592-8816a61dfd00
  6. My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support...: It’s as the title says. Since about November my account ‘s on file card was used to purchase an Xbox live subscription of $10.65. This did not give MY account the “benefit” nor did I authorize the...
  7. What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?: I got my Xbox when I was pretty young so I had to use my parents email in order to have a Xbox and now I'm just tired of needing to log in on their email or have to contact them in order to get...
  8. I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my...: Some people said it can take up to 45 days for a gamertag to be able to be taken again once changed, I just hope my gamertag isn't gone forever someone please help me. Thankyou....
  9. Can 2 of my friends use my xbox account as there home xbox if I'm using a different one as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can 2 of my friends use my xbox account as there home xbox if I'm using a different one as...: Can 2 of my friends use my xbox account as there home xbox if I'm using a different one as my home xbox? d1ed5b42-ebf6-4a1c-af46-31caa78d6e75
  10. I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...: I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is impossible as i was just using it? ThankyouI changed...