Two accounts, told they can't be merged, For some reason one uses my friend's Gamertag

Discus and support Two accounts, told they can't be merged, For some reason one uses my friend's Gamertag in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have two xbox accounts I learned today. One has the Gamer tag D3M0NMUFF1N and the other has Phaminus. The first is my old alias and what I played on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rothyn, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Rothyn
    Rothyn Guest

Two accounts, told they can't be merged, For some reason one uses my friend's Gamertag

I have two xbox accounts I learned today. One has the Gamer tag D3M0NMUFF1N and the other has Phaminus. The first is my old alias and what I played on with my xbox, but apparently I put a typo in my email when registering the account and the email address
    does not exist. The other has the correct email, but Phaminus is an alias that my friend uses and for SOME SILLY REASON, I don't have the ability to change my gamertag without paying for it. Frankly, I don't have the cash to pay for it and it feels really
    weird using someone else's name while I am actively playing with them. I have no idea how all of this mess happened in the first place and at this point I would settle for a reset on my name change without having to pay for it. it's incredibly frustrating,
    but again I just don't have the money to spare when I can barely afford to buy groceries. Any help would be appreciated, but ideally I would like to be able to simply merge the accounts and use my old alias which is currently unavailable to me since it is
    taken, but I can't afford to buy sea of thieves a second time to put it on that account as well as lose all my progress.

:)

Rothyn, Dec 8, 2018
  2. ArminatorX Win User

I have two xbox accounts I learned today. One has the Gamer tag D3M0NMUFF1N and the other has Phaminus. The first is my old alias and what I played on with my xbox, but apparently I put a typo in my email when registering the account and the email address
    does not exist. The other has the correct email, but Phaminus is an alias that my friend uses [...] I can't afford to buy sea of thieves a second time to put it on that account as well as lose all my progress.
    First of all, even if the email doesn't exist because of a typo, the Microsoft Account is "only" a username with a string of characters that looks like an email address. So even if the address doesn't really exist, you should be able to sign into that account
    and use it. Still, I'd recommend you add the correct email as the primary sign in alias at
    https://account.microsoft.com.

As for the "Phaminus" Gamertag: It shouldn't be possible for two accounts to have one and the same Gamertag. Maybe your friend has a "similar" Gamertag with the "i" being replaced by an "l" (small-case L) or something like that.

You don't have to buy Sea of Thieves a second time, as the owner account of Sea of Thieves can simply set the console you're usually playing on as that account's "Home Console", allowing everyone to play that account's games on that console.

As for changing your Gamertags: Unfortunately, there is no way to get a free Gamertag change. You can either move your account(s) to a different email address by adding your desired email for that account as a sign in alias, or pay the equivalent of 10 US$
    to buy yourself the Gamertag change.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

4. DigitalAssassin Win User

can't join my gamertag with my xbox live

Hey mate, I'm having a little trouble understanding. Do you want to merge two accounts together or are you trying to change the MS account (email) associated with the gamertag that has gold?

-

If you want to merge the accounts together, that unfortunately is not possible.

-

If you're looking to change the email please take a look at the steps here:
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

-

If for some reason you logged-on to xbox.com with the Microsoft account that isn't associated with a gamertag it would have created a random one which is why you're getting that error.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Transfer local XBox account to XBox Live

You can't merge two accounts. You can join live with the offline account to keep using that one.
  6. Argontheos Win User

Made a new profile on Xbox One and already had a profile on Xbox 360

You mean you have a local profile on your 360, that isn't connected to a Microsoft Account and email address - as a Silver or Gold account could or would be - right?

As Zen Like Calm said, you can't merge the accounts, but you can
    click here
    to learn how to change your non-Live profile into a Gamertag, and then you could go ahead and put that account onto your One for uh, whatever reason.

But merging accounts, no, you can't do that. =)
Thema:

1. Two accounts, told they can't be merged, For some reason one uses my friend's Gamertag - Similar Threads - accounts told can't

2. I linked my discord and after that every time igo to discord they told me link your account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I linked my discord and after that every time igo to discord they told me link your account...: I linked my discord and after that every time igo to discord they told me link your account to discord and its linked cdfeb482-19eb-4f1d-9681-10ad3e98b392
  3. What do you do if you're account got banned for no reason and they haven't really told u...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What do you do if you're account got banned for no reason and they haven't really told u...: My friends account got banned for no reason hes had no strikes he doesn't cuss or say anything bad on xbox, then one day he just got banned they didn't tell him why or tell him how long it was...
  4. How do you gamers do it. Microsoft just told me that the account that I spend 7 to 8 years...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you gamers do it. Microsoft just told me that the account that I spend 7 to 8 years...: My account was hacked and Microsoft told me that it was suspended and that there was no way to get it back. In short, they told me that I had to rebuy all of my games and that all of my...
  5. I’m being told my parents Microsoft’ account isn’t valid so I can’t play mw 2009 multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m being told my parents Microsoft’ account isn’t valid so I can’t play mw 2009 multiplayer: Can someone please tell me how I can fix this I am on a child account but it is changed to be like an adult account. I also have Xbox gamepass ultimate b3180d2a-0f2a-489a-8b33-21bf227fced9
  6. Is there still a way to recover an hacked account even when told because of changed account...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there still a way to recover an hacked account even when told because of changed account...: Hello Everyone, My Original account with my games and such got hacked at the 14 May 2023, and I'm still fighting for my account till now and for the future. I haven't been notified, and the worst...
  7. I am being told that "You are not signed in to the Microsoft Store with the account you are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am being told that "You are not signed in to the Microsoft Store with the account you are...: [img] To start with, I am signed in to the same account for both the microsoft store and the minecraft launcher. I have removed the sign-in, logged out and logged in again on both platforms...
  8. how i can unblock or unbanned my account because when i try to log in the told me ur accoun...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how i can unblock or unbanned my account because when i try to log in the told me ur accoun...: itried to return my account and then the account got blocked or banned they think theres a hacker try to take it but when i tried to log in they told me theres no account like that what can i do...
  9. My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. A couple days ago, I was told nothing could be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. A couple days ago, I was told nothing could be...: Since then I have tried communicating with anyone that could help me resolve this situation. I really need something of a win here. I've spent hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours, all of...
  10. Account has been hacked and being told it can't be recovered

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account has been hacked and being told it can't be recovered: My sons Microsoft account has been hacked, purchases made on linked cards by the hacker, can't access the account because the email has been changed and now being told that the account can't be...