Two accounts linked to one email/xbox account?

Discus and support Two accounts linked to one email/xbox account? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, this problem has been around for a year+ now. I had downloaded the xbox app on my phone to try and message people faster while playing games. When... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LaursGreen, Jan 21, 2023.

1. LaursGreen
    LaursGreen Guest

So, this problem has been around for a year+ now. I had downloaded the xbox app on my phone to try and message people faster while playing games. When I went into the app it didnt give me an option to sign in but to either create a new account or setup my xbox or something. I forget which option I picked since its been a while but I had entered my email that I use for my xbox account and then when I realized I wasnt logging in I had closed the app/backed out of it. Then when I went back into it it said I had a new account? But on my pre-existung email? I am still logged in on my xbox thankfully but unable to login to any other places be it here or other xboxes. I have tried everything from changing the email on the second account and changing the passwords on "both" but since they are both linked to the same email (even after trying to change it on the second account) it doesnt help. I have tried a bunch of different things and still nothing works. I need to delete the second account and I dont want to close my account because I dont want to loose all the games I have bought over the years. (I tried closing the account too and it closes both, there's no way I can delete the "imposter"). I had my dad look at it too because he didnt believe it was possible but he doesnt understand it either.

:)

LaursGreen, Jan 21, 2023
  2. ModelTurtle6270 Win User

How to link two email accounts on Xbox One

Hi Francia,

Thank you for commenting. I'm not sure why but I fixed the issue by changing my profile from the one that has Xbox Gold to the one that doesn't, and it worked. I already had the Xbox set as my home Xbox as well.

Thanks Again
  3. Francia J. Win User

How to link two email accounts on Xbox One

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

There is no option to link two Microsoft accounts on one Xbox profile as well as there is no option to transfer an Xbox Live Gold subscription.

We have two options, since you're on an Xbox console you can share your subscription to your main profile by setting your second account as Home Xbox.

1. Sign in to your second account.

2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

3. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

4. Check "Make this as My Home Xbox".

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

The second option is to cancel the subscription, if this was purchased through Microsoft a refund will be given, and then you can re-purchase it on the correct Xbox profile.

I would also recommend recovering your main account as it may give you issues in the future.
  4. ConnorSizemore Win User

Linking EA and XBOX live accounts

How do i link my ea account to my xbox account two seperate emails
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

manage

You cannot have two accounts with the same email address. If you need to set up a family account, please refer to this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/add-family-member-on-xbox-one
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

two gamertags on the same account

Hi David,

The Microsoft Account can be attached to two gametags, however, it can only be set as the primary email for one gamertag. That means when signing into the Microsoft account, it will only show one gamertag. If the gamertag is on the Xbox then signing into
    the profile on the console, it would be possible to see what email is the primary email for the gamertag in question.

The reason why the Microsoft account is able to be assigned to two profiles is, because as the secondary email it will help to regain access to the account/gamertag.

Check out this link for ways to recover the account:
    Microsoft Account on the Xbox console FAQ

Also, here is a link on
    How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account

I hope this helps ^‿^
Thema:

1. Two accounts linked to one email/xbox account? - Similar Threads - accounts linked email

2. i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...: i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do that? e8ce0939-2d4f-4fb2-8053-513825fb040a
  3. Is there anyway to found out the email to my linked epic games account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to found out the email to my linked epic games account?: My microsoft account is linked to an epic games account of mine but I have forgotten the epic username and the email I used to sign up for it. I don't want to reach out to epic support if I don't...
  4. I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in...: I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in use, is this possible? 4285c3bd-f7f2-4fe1-8aeb-77f7e2219010
  5. My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists: When my xbox was first setup I used my parents email address to create the account. Since then I have been using this for the past 15+ years with no issues. It does occassionally ask to confirm...
  6. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  7. So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked toy dead dad's email and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked toy dead dad's email and I...: So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked to my dead dad's email and I want to change it to mine so I can enable 2fa and other stuff like that....
  8. How do I link my Minecraft account to a different email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I link my Minecraft account to a different email?: When I was younger and I asked my parents to buy Minecraft for me, I used my school email to create my account. How can I link my account to my current email. 7c8d43af-6cc2-4480-a732-55e105febff0
  9. Linking my account back up after unlinking it bc email changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Linking my account back up after unlinking it bc email changed: I have 3 accounts (3 teenagers) I was updating emails on their accounts and now fortnite skins and everything is gone. Help . I even changed emails back but nothing...
  10. I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to: I have a microsoft account I don't use and a microsoft account I do use, however, the microsoft account I do use is on the email I don't use and the microsoft account I don't use is on the email I...