Two account with the same email, can't set minecraft account as store account.

Discus and support Two account with the same email, can't set minecraft account as store account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So, last year my microsoft account as a whole was compromised and I was forced to create a new one. However, I didn't think about what would happen if... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Joseph Chen1, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Joseph Chen1
    Joseph Chen1 Guest

So, last year my microsoft account as a whole was compromised and I was forced to create a new one. However, I didn't think about what would happen if I registered another account under my main email. I had bought minecraft on the previous account and the current account. When trying to log into the minecraft launcher, I am prompted with the lets play button in an infinite loop. The error seems to be because my XBOX account is not the same as the Microsoft store account. However, when trying to set the XBOX account as the new store account, I;m met with an instantaneous error which I think is something to do with the account which was compromised.

What do I do?

:)

Joseph Chen1, Mar 15, 2023
  2. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Joseph Chen1,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Community forum. I hope you're doing well.

Based on your description, it seems to be that you have a problem with signing in to your Minecraft account. Let's work together to find the best solution to this problem.

I would like to ask you a few questions to better understand the problem;

• Can you provide us a photo or screenshot of the exact error message you're getting?
    • May I know what account is currently signed in to your Xbox and Minecraft account? Is it the old account or the new account?

To further isolate the problem, I would suggest that you check the account that is currently signed in on your Xbox and Minecraft account then try to sign out and sign in your account.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator
  3. ReynaldoB Win User

Hello Joseph Chen1!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

4. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Joseph Chen1,

Thanks for getting back and for providing those information.

I suggest to try removing those accounts from the application and restart your device then sign in the original account that you have.

Please let me know if the problem is resolved.

Sincerely

5. Joseph Chen1 Win User

The microsoft store account and XBOX account seem to be different. However, I'm given the option to set the XBOX account as the store account, but this NEVER works. I'll click it but nothing will actually change.

[​IMG]

I've also tried to log out of the microsoft store and retry this process but I'm greeted with this error:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This error message box pops up instantly.

These are the two accounts in question:

[​IMG]

As previously mentioned, one of them were compromised and I was forced to create a new one. There's no way of telling which is which, but I've logged into both of them assuming that the position of each account remains the same every time so I can distinguish them as the top account and bottom account.
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Two Minecraft Accounts On the Same Email

Hi, Bozie. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

If you’ve migrated your account to a wrong Microsoft account, I suggest you contact Minecraft team as also advised on their article here: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44.... They’ll need to review your transaction ID or order number to validate your game license to process the request. Kindly submit the request here: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. Two account with the same email, can't set minecraft account as store account. - Similar Threads - account same email

2. How can I set up 2 separate accounts with the same email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I set up 2 separate accounts with the same email: Is it possible to set up 2 different accounts to the same email? bfa28ec5-957a-4ebd-8f9a-101494e454b8
  3. My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...: I don't know what he has done or how he has done it but he had an xbox account. He is now logged in with the same email but different gamer tag snd none of his previous info is linked. So no...
  4. Create Another Microsoft Account using Same Email (Non-Microsoft service) used on Deleted...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Create Another Microsoft Account using Same Email (Non-Microsoft service) used on Deleted...: Hello, I know that deleted email on Microsoft Account cannot be reused after deletion. But in my case, I create Microsoft Account without Outlook email, instead using existing email. I'm...
  5. Microsoft has created two accounts to the same email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft has created two accounts to the same email address: Hello I have an Xbox account (cuppasup3) linked to my microsoft account but when I sign in through that email it has created a completely separate account with a separate Xbox account to which it...
  6. 2 accounts on the same email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 accounts on the same email?: Okay, so I had this account for a long time now, and didn't have game pass. So I thought I'm gonna renew my subscription on this account. But when I logged in to my account, it wasn't the same. It...
  7. A new account has been created for the same email on my pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    A new account has been created for the same email on my pc: I've been playing on my Xbox for a while and got a pc just under a year ago, recently tried to log in on the Xbox app on pc using the email I use for my Xbox and it has created an entirely new...
  8. My son has not accessed by account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has not accessed by account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or...: My son has not accessed his account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or phone number. Is there a way he can gain access to his account? Have tried Microsoft recovery, ,but can't be...
  9. I have two minecraft accounts under the same email... PLEASE HELP!!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have two minecraft accounts under the same email... PLEASE HELP!!!!: Years ago, I bought minecraft and had the account under a cox email. Cox after some time shut down, and I could no longer access this email, and thus couldnt access my account. I then created a...
  10. i lost all access to it and they changed the email too so made a new account with the same...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i lost all access to it and they changed the email too so made a new account with the same...: I got hacked on my old microsoft account i lost all access to it and they changed the email too so made a new account with the same email now each time i try to login on a microsoft app i get you...