Twitch started to randomly shut off my stream

Discus and support Twitch started to randomly shut off my stream in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Since this week, I am having trouble streaming on Twitch; I'm streaming normally when suddenly I realize the stream is just off, so I go back on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Icarusael, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Icarusael
    Icarusael Guest

Since this week, I am having trouble streaming on Twitch; I'm streaming normally when suddenly I realize the stream is just off, so I go back on the Twitch App, restart my stream, and 1 minute later, it is off again. I am not a big streamer, I mostly stream for my friend, but it is fun to have strangers from time to time, passing by my stream, and it is hard to keep them interested if the stream keep shutting off. I've been streaming for over a year and nothing changed on my side at home. I tried hard reseting my Xbox, didn't help. I tried reseting my internet connection and my router, didn't help. Just why? I feel like everytime there are patches and updates on console, pc, games, etc. it just keep getting worse. I can't believe I still have to come here to request for help... I've been coming here on those Xbox Forums for over 10 years because that is all I get from using Xbox product, errors & troubles over errors & troubles.

:)

Icarusael, Aug 13, 2022
  2. Icarusael Win User

No I did not try anything else, and so far no it doesn’t happen with other games or apps.
  3. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Icarusael!

Thank you for your reply and the additional information.

Besides what you mentioned above (resetting the router and Xbox) have you tried anything else to fix this?

Also, have you been experiencing this kind of error with other games or apps?
  4. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Icarusael! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with Twitch.

I believe additional information is needed.

If you don't mind, please answer the following questions:

- May I ask which Xbox model you are using?

- Do you get any error codes/messages when you go back to the Twitch app to restart your stream?

- Do you have any external storage units plugged into your console?

- Could you go to Settings > General > Network Settings > Test network speed & statistics? please let me know what are the results of that test.

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
  5. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Icarusael!

Thank you for your reply.

Could you give these a try?

• First, try power-cycling your console:

- Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds, until it shuts down.

- Unplug the power cord from your console for 5 minutes

- Plug everything back together and turn your console on.

- Launch the game.

• If that doesn't work, please check for any pending app and console updates.

- For console updates, go to Settings > System > Updates.

- For your game, go to My game & apps > Twitch > Manage game & add-ons > Updates.

• Reinstall the Twitch app

• Soft Factory Reset:

- Go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset Xbox > Keep games and apps.

Just keep in mind you will need an internet connection and your account details (email and password) to complete the setup process.

*** Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. If your console has been constantly connected to the internet and Xbox Live services, your saved data should be backed up on the cloud.
  6. Icarusael Win User

Hi, thank you for your answer.

I am using an Xbox Series X.

I do not get any error messages. It is as if the whole app was exited.

No I do not have any external storage plugged in.

For the test, here are the results:

Download speed: 110.77 Mbps

Upload speed: 34.00 Mbps

Packet loss: 0%

MTU: 1480

Latency: 59 ms

Wireless strength: 100%
Thema:

1. Twitch started to randomly shut off my stream - Similar Threads - Twitch started randomly

2. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  3. i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...: i already restarted my game but it still shows the old account a8a1b4d4-3953-4f36-b512-574e658c7f12
  4. Camera not showing on twitch stream Xbox series X

in XboX Insiders
    Camera not showing on twitch stream Xbox series X: Good afternoon! So, I’m not a big streamer or anything like that at all, but I do like to occasionally turn it on just for fun. The other night I was playing mlb the show 24 streaming with no...
  5. Whenever I try to start a stream on twitch, my friends tell me that they can only see a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Whenever I try to start a stream on twitch, my friends tell me that they can only see a...: I can’t stream because of this and I love streaming!! Help please!? fbe502d9-0ccb-473d-8b22-2f5b9a9c8827
  6. Cant start stream on Xbox with twitch, endless loop of linking my twitch account

in XboX Insiders
    Cant start stream on Xbox with twitch, endless loop of linking my twitch account: Overall the problem is that it says my accounts are linked but when I go to stream it pops up saying I need to link my account, I do what it says then boom it pops up again and again and again. I...
  7. Twitch app took too long to start.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Twitch app took too long to start.: Whenever I go to open the twitch app on my Xbox the app takes too long to open I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I've attempted to disconnect and reconnect my twitch account...
  8. TWITCH NÃO INICIA NO MEU PERFIL PRINCIPAL[Translation-TWITCH DOES NOT START IN MY MAIN PROFILE]

in XBoX on Consoles
    TWITCH NÃO INICIA NO MEU PERFIL PRINCIPAL[Translation-TWITCH DOES NOT START IN MY MAIN PROFILE]: Bom dia . Faz cerca de 5 mesês que estou tendo esse problema com meu aplicativo da Twitch . Quando tento inicar pelo meu perfil principal do Xbox , simplesmente não abre corretamente e apresenta...
  9. Twitch app will not work/start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch app will not work/start: Recently the twitch app kicked me out while trying to switch streams then did not let me start the app so I deleted it and reinstalled but whenever I select it gives me the error code 0x80073cf6....
  10. I can't start Twitch app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't start Twitch app: I just updated Twitch right now and when I started the app it associated my Xbox One profile with my brother's Twitch account (he has an Xbox One profile on my console too, but wasn't logged)....