Twitch app. Trying to watch friends stream, but it only shows the Homepage

Discus and support Twitch app. Trying to watch friends stream, but it only shows the Homepage in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, im part of the alpha ring and when i try to watch some friends stream in xbox one by watching broadcast or in the notification, the twitch app open... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/man57er19, Aug 22, 2020.

1. /u/man57er19
    /u/man57er19 Guest

Hi, im part of the alpha ring and when i try to watch some friends stream in xbox one by watching broadcast or in the notification, the twitch app open but only stays in the Homepage, cannot open my friends stream.

I made a hard reset on my xbox one, I unninstall and install the twitch app and nothing.

Version 0.0.6515.70

I’m not sure what to do.

ty

submitted by /u/man57er19
    [link] [comments]

/u/man57er19, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Playing online with friends

The only way would be if one of the friends was streaming it on Mixer or Twitch.

They would then have to watch via the relevant app.
  3. GaryWinteringham Win User

Everyone's Voice in Twitch Streaming

Yeah I've thought about this before, watching a friend stream and only been able to hear his side of the conversation is weird, I'd also like to see more smartglass integration for the Twitch app.
  4. toonarmy206 Win User

March update beta

Yes it's for when the Twitch app get's updated, that will show how many off your friends are currently live streaming on Twitch at the moment!

Hope this helps

Thanks
  5. marq08 Win User

Updating digital content requires full reinstall everytime

Still having this issue. It now includes quite a few dashboard apps like twitch preventing me from streaming or watching shows through my console.
  6. maxen Win User

No stream while using Twitch

OK, so to clarify: on Xbox One, you start streaming and it says you're Live, but on Twitch it says you're offline?

There are only a few solutions I can think of, and some of them may seem stupid to suggest but I want to be thorough:

Are you sure you linked the correct Twitch account?

Does it actually say you're Live on the Twitch app, or did it fail without your knowledge? Or perhaps you're on the set-up screen (which shows your stream and, if applicable, Kinect camera preview, but is not actually streaming this)?

You could also get a friend to attempt to view your stream from their friends list - click on your name which will show you're streaming and they can click that to open the stream in the Twitch app. If that works, it further suggests it may be linked to
    the wrong Twitch account.

I'm not sure what else it could be, but let us know if any of these scenarios apply and if not we can work from there.
Thema:

1. Twitch app. Trying to watch friends stream, but it only shows the Homepage - Similar Threads - Twitch app Trying

2. Twitch app took too long to start.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Twitch app took too long to start.: Whenever I go to open the twitch app on my Xbox the app takes too long to open I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I've attempted to disconnect and reconnect my twitch account...
  3. Is the twitch app broken?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the twitch app broken?: Over the last few months, I've e gone from being able to stream for hours without isdue. To now maybe being able to stream for am hour and then everytime I restart my broadcast afterwards, It...
  4. Problem with Mic Audio on Twitch App for Xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Mic Audio on Twitch App for Xbox series s: Hi everyone. Every time I try to stream from the Twitch app on Xbox the audio from my headset doesn't work even though on the Twitch settings before you go live it shows the mic is on and the...
  5. Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?: So this has been going on for a month now. When ever i stream. The game audio pops and stutters contantly. I was in contact with twitch support who directed me here. Example:...
  6. Xbox, Twitch app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox, Twitch app: I want to know how I can type in my followed twitch streamers chat on the Xbox one, Twitch app, I searched for solutions, But only get results for completly different problems, I Already tried,...
  7. Xbox Twitch App no longer the same version after verifying phone number.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Twitch App no longer the same version after verifying phone number.: I used the twitch app on my xbox one s every single day, never had much of a problem with it. The other day on the official xbox channel (and more and more channels) I was told I needed to verify...
  8. Will Xbox fix the Xbox-Twitch integration before the Twitch app drops the broadcast feature?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox fix the Xbox-Twitch integration before the Twitch app drops the broadcast feature?: The new Xbox-Twitch integration doesn't work. I was kicked out of game multiple times in 30 minutes until I gave up the stream. Switched to broadcasting from the Twitch app with a flawless result....
  9. Party chat on mobile app not working with Twitch:

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on mobile app not working with Twitch:: Hello, my friend and I are using Xbox Party chat. Im using it on the Xbox Series X and hes using it on the Xbox Mobile App as he doesnt own a Xbox. Im trying to stream my gameplay on Twitch from...
  10. notifications when streaming on Twitch via the app

in XboX Insiders
    notifications when streaming on Twitch via the app: good day, when I stream via the Twitch application on the Xbox series x, my notifications are turned off, is it possible to make the notifications appear? Thank you submitted by /u/patlos1...