: Tv turns off after 10 minutes with xbox series x

Discus and support : Tv turns off after 10 minutes with xbox series x in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Tv turns off after 10 minutes with xbox series x Hi all , this is just a post to help (even if it's just one person I've helped it'll be worth it as... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by paulprice2, Jan 5, 2021.

1. paulprice2
    paulprice2 Guest

Hi all , this is just a post to help (even if it's just one person I've helped it'll be worth it as it driven me mental)

Here's my setup , xbox series x , sony ag 8 TV, bose sound bar (hdmi arc connected) , USB hardrive connected to xbox

Now it's taken a while to work out but while playing games from the official xbox USB hardrive I've had to turn off my Sony bravia sync which controls the bose soundbar due to the TV switching off after 10 minutes.

This has driven me nuts having to do this every time I want to play the xbox , just recently I've installed valhalla which wanted to install to the ssd drive due to it being an x title and I've noticed that I don't need to turn the sync mode off now . So
    for some reason while playing older games on the USB hardrive the xbox and TV don't communicate thus turning the TV off thinking its idle (even turning all settings off so it shouldn't turn off while idle) while on the other hand playing games from ssd does
    communicate and use the hdmi cec settings . Hope this has helped someone because there has honestly not been a post (or one I could find) from xbox or Sony to help in this matter .

Ps TV model is an AG8 but wouldn't let me select it on the category description

:)

paulprice2, Jan 5, 2021
  2. patrickb1973 Win User

HDR dims screen after couple minutes ingame

Did a lot of testing it's definitely not the TV, I have no issues on PS4, PS5, Xbox One X but only with Xbox Series X and only after the last update. Really hope this gets looked at. Also it happens always after the same amount of time, roughly 10 minutes.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

My Xbox Series X doesn't send out the signal to TV.

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble viewing your Xbox Series X on your TV. Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Check the HDMI connection: Make sure the HDMI cable is properly connected to the Xbox Series X and the TV. Check the HDMI cable or HDMI ports on your devices for visible damage.

Check TV input: Make sure your TV is set to the correct input for the HDMI port your Xbox Series X is connected to.

Restart Xbox Series X: Try restarting your Xbox Series X by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then unplug it and wait a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on.

Reset display settings:

If there is a disc in the console, eject it.

On your console, press and hold the Xbox  button for 10 seconds to turn it off.

Press and hold the Xbox  button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear a beep immediately and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash before the second beep. Don't let go until you hear the second beep or see the console boot into low-resolution mode (the Xbox boot screen will appear slightly pixelated).

Note If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you will need to press and hold both the Xbox  button and the Pair button as your console does not have an Eject button.

Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest update for your Xbox Series X installed. Updates can sometimes fix display issues.

Hope these suggestions help!
  4. JustinBollay Win User

Series X Randomly Disconnecting From Wifi

I keep having the same issue with the series x wifi just turns off and is unable to find any network at all. I have to restart the series x and it's good for about 5 to 10 minutes then does it all over again its very frustrating
  5. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

XBOX series x tv shows no input

Hello Wrightkathy,

Nilay here and I'm glad to answer your query today.

The first thing to check is the HDMI cable. Make sure it is properly connected to the Xbox and the TV. Another thing to try is switching the ends of the HDMI cable. For example, put the console's end of the HDMI cable into the TV and vice versa.

Check TV input: Make sure your TV is set to the correct input for the HDMI port your Xbox Series X is connected to.

Restart Xbox Series X: Try restarting your Xbox Series X by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then unplug it and wait a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on.

Reset display settings:
    If there is a disc in the console, eject it.
    On your console, press and hold the Xbox  button for 10 seconds to turn it off.
    Press and hold the Xbox  button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear a beep immediately and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash before the second beep. Don't let go until you hear the second beep or see the console boot into low-resolution mode (the Xbox boot screen will appear slightly pixelated).
    Note If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you will need to press and hold both the Xbox  button and the Pair button as your console does not have an Eject button.

Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest update for your Xbox Series X installed. Updates can sometimes fix display issues.

Good Luck
    Regards
  6. Courtney Todd Win User

Xbox X saying not signal on the tv?

Hi B. W, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble viewing your Xbox Series X on your TV. Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:

Check the HDMI connection: Make sure the HDMI cable is properly connected to the Xbox Series X and the TV. Check the HDMI cable or HDMI ports on your devices for visible damage.

Reset display settings: If there is a disc in the console, eject it.

On your console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn it off.
    Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep immediately and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash before the second beep. Don't let go until you hear the second beep or see the console boot into low resolution mode (the Xbox home screen will appear slightly pixelated).

Note: If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you will need to press and hold the Xbox button and the Pair button, since your console does not have an eject button.

Search for updates:

Make sure you have the latest update installed for your Xbox Series X. Updates can sometimes fix display issues.

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/2ca7b258-a7f9-48df-a092-4c10fa256389

I hope these suggestions help!

Best regards,
    Courtney.
Thema:

1. : Tv turns off after 10 minutes with xbox series x - Similar Threads - turns off minutes

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute: Hello, I've been experiencing problems with my Xbox and wanted some advice. Every-time I turn it on, it does the chime like usual but then doesn't display any signal and after about 1 minute....
  4. Screen no longer projecting and turns off after 10 minutes

in XboX Insiders
    Screen no longer projecting and turns off after 10 minutes: My Xbox One S is no longer projecting a screen to my monitor , and the console turns off after 10 minutes or so, also the sync button is broken, is there anyway I can fix this without having to go...
  5. Game mode turns off every 5 minutes on Samsung TV. Has anyone had this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game mode turns off every 5 minutes on Samsung TV. Has anyone had this issue?: Game mode turns off every 5 minutes on Samsung TV. Has anyone had this issue? ae858663-6613-42e8-b668-1a78ae9b0c14
  6. xbox series x turns on but no image, then turns off 1 minute later

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x turns on but no image, then turns off 1 minute later: The console was working fine yesterday. Tonight i turn it on with the controller as i always do and the controller seems to have unpaired with the console as it does not turn on the console and...
  7. Xbox light turns on but xbox does not do anything then light cuts off one minute later

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox light turns on but xbox does not do anything then light cuts off one minute later: Hello. I played my xbox 2 nights ago no issues. Went on a short trip and come back to when i hit the button the light chimes and comes on, however the xbox does not power on as i don't hear the...
  8. My Xbox one x keeps turning off after about 4-5 minutes of it being on.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox one x keeps turning off after about 4-5 minutes of it being on.: The console is in a well ventilated area and I’ve opened it up to clean out the dust from it, but it still shuts down on me. The fan is blowing fine as well, so it isn’t that either. Please...
  9. Xbox Series S - Turns on but doesn’t boot and powers off after a minute

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S - Turns on but doesn’t boot and powers off after a minute: Hi, I recently have had problems with my Xbox Series S. the console powers on however does not boot and turns itself off after approximately a minute. I have tried new power supply cables and have...
  10. My Xbox Series S will turn on but then after a minute or two turn itself straight off. Is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S will turn on but then after a minute or two turn itself straight off. Is...: Recently I tried to turn on my Xbox Series S but it wouldn't display anything on my screen. Then I noticed that it was turning itself off. There was a big thunderstorm in my area the day before so...