TV resolution of 1366x768p on Xbox series s

Discus and support TV resolution of 1366x768p on Xbox series s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So will my display be completely filled or will I have black bars on the top and the sides of the screen because my TV is a non standard TV resolution... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tony Salahas, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Tony Salahas
    Tony Salahas Guest

So will my display be completely filled or will I have black bars on the top and the sides of the screen because my TV is a non standard TV resolution of 1366x768p

:)

Tony Salahas, Mar 7, 2023
  2. Farscape247 Win User

if it does manage to get a picture it will get cut off the screen or you will be downgraded to 480p.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox seriesses i geuss

the series s support up to 1440p but to use that resolution you would need a monitor not a tv as most if not all tv's support 1080p or 4k.

series s will upscale to 4k though.
  4. That Boy Hero Win User

Changing resolution

Yes, Xbox Series X will have a setting to change resolution. However you can also consider buying an Xbox Series S if you do not plan to upgrade your TV/Monitor just yet.
  5. MarvinaPerez Win User

its will work if i use 120hz on xbox one s ?

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

Learn about TV resolutions and the resolutions supported by Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S.

The graph represents TV resolutions from 480p to 4K UHD.
    Resolution options
    This is what 720p resolution does:
    Displays images with a maximum resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.

It offers a 16:9 high definition (HD) viewing area.
    720p is the lowest resolution on most HDTVs. However, the image is still excellent and for a screen smaller than 37 inches, the quality of the 720p images is practically similar to that of higher resolution televisions. If your HDTV only has 720p and 1080i as options, you should select 720p for the best resolution.

This is what 1080p resolution does:
    Displays images with a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
    This offers users a 16:9 high definition (HD) viewing area.

1080p is the most common resolution for movies, television, games, and many of the experiences offered by the Xbox. A 1080p TV offers the best picture quality, allowing you to enjoy Blu-ray movies in the resolution they were designed for. Each line of pixels on the screen is redrawn 60 times per second or faster.

This reduces motion blur and creates a sharp image.
    Note if you have an Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One S, or Xbox One

For more information, see:
    How to Change TV Screen Settings on Xbox
    This is what 1440p resolution does:
    Displays images with a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels.

This offers users a 16:9 high definition (HD) viewing area.
    More and more computer monitors have 1440p resolution, which is becoming a very popular option among gamers. It is sometimes listed as "Quad HD" as it offers four times the HD screen resolution of 720p.

Aspects that you should take into account:
    You must have an Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One

If you have an Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One S, or Xbox One

For more information, see:
    How to Change TV Screen Settings on Xbox
    Things to keep in mind:
    You must have an Xbox One X or an Xbox One S and a 4K TV to use 4K UHD resolution.
    Xbox Series X|S also supports 4K refresh rate at 120Hz.

This is what 4K UHD resolution does:
    Displays images with a maximum resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.
    This offers users a 16:9 ultra high definition (UHD) viewing area.

With four times the resolution of 1080p HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Play games on your Xbox Series X or Xbox One high dynamic range) on your Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...osas a tener en cuentan,actualización de 4K a %20120Hz.

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  6. 307a255a-107a-4dcd-b Win User

XBOX Series S Manual Resolution Problem

Hey there, the old tv might not support the resolution for the Xbox series s so I'm sorry about that but if it does you could check this Xbox support article. And thanks for posting on the forums <3
Thema:

1. TV resolution of 1366x768p on Xbox series s - Similar Threads - resolution 1366x768p series

2. Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution: Sometimes, when playing a game in full screen, I will use the Capture button on my Xbox controller or use Windows Key + G to open game bar and record a clip, but when I look at the clip...
  3. What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz: What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz? It currently says to me that my TV setup doesn't support 4k@120Hz. What about my TV setup do I need to change? 762e6b27-915d-412c-af60-03b79c7f7302
  4. Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 and not changed to other resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 and not changed to other resolution: Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 LOW resolution and not changed to 1080 p OR 4K UHD OR 720 p OR 1440 P HELP ME FOR resolution problem on xbox one s 96e51b04-9c91-4f89-ab0c-3d243466feda
  5. Xbox Lowest Resolution upon start up

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Lowest Resolution upon start up: So I’m wondering if b/c I’m part of the Xbox insiders program that randomly when I boot my series X up my display resolution is at 480p and takes restarting my Xbox a couple/ few times (2...
  6. Xbox Series X wont hard reset or go into low resolution mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X wont hard reset or go into low resolution mode: I have switched hdmi cords, everything. Console still won't get recognized by the TV. Troubleshoot on the TV(Samsung Smart TV) and says it's an issue with the hdmi cords, but I've even used the...
  7. Xbox one X resolution and fps - Pls advise

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X resolution and fps - Pls advise: So I recently bought an ultra wide monitor 34'' Curved UltraWide 34WP65C-B. The monitor is capable of handling a max refresh rate of 160 hz. I plugged in my Xbox one X and I can’t seem to change...
  8. Has anyone had resolutions to complaints to xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone had resolutions to complaints to xbox?: First of all I have had ongoing issues for to long. Now Lex from xbox support contacted me in October 23, issue was never solved from xbox support. The only way to be able to solve it was to spend...
  9. How Do You Change The Resolution of Recordings in Xbox Gamebar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How Do You Change The Resolution of Recordings in Xbox Gamebar?: I have been making recordings with the "capture widget" in xbox gamebar for quite some while now and have had no issue with recording games in the past. However, one thing that began to frustrate...
  10. Xbox resolution changing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox resolution changing: I have a sporadic issue with the resolution on my console. Once I manage to get the console to recognise its 4k it works fine but if I do any of the following Turn off console Turn off tv...