TV not displaying

Discus and support TV not displaying in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I heard that if you use the "Instant on" feature, your TV may not display due to a software issue. Is this the case? dc24e0c6-ca51-4237-a860-9a35f9aa0989 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HockeyMonkeyMan, Jan 6, 2014.

1. TV not displaying

I heard that if you use the "Instant on" feature, your TV may not display due to a software issue. Is this the case?

:)

HockeyMonkeyMan, Jan 6, 2014
  2. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    WPAK, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Garandor
    Garandor Guest
    Not displaying with TV.

I've basically did all the trouble shooting steps and my TV still won't display the Xbox 360. It knows it's there and sometimes after messing with the settings i can get it to blink up and display for about 2-3 seconds but it is very distorted and has a
    rainbow hue to it and then disappears. It worked fine with no problems on this same TV. Then my wife wanted to move it to another TV and it didn't work on that one. So we just recently put it back in it's proper state and now it does not display. It will work
    on my computer monitor just fine but no matter how i modify the settings i cant seem to get it to work on the TV. Any feedback would be helpful.

Garandor, Jan 6, 2014
  4. TV not displaying

I had the same problem, but couldn't find a solution last night. I re-started several times in various orders with no luck. Given that and the HDMI pass-through problems I finally gave up and directly connected the cable box (PVR) to the receiver (AVR).

No more TV for my Xbox.. I might try again in a few months after Microsoft finishes beta testing on the other more patient un-paid test team.

UFANS-978CE6BA-C88F-417D-A6F2-C06624D98908, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Andy P2
    Andy P2 Guest
    If you are set up that way (Instant on...even using a Harmony Remote to control my devices) I find that I have to wait for a few seconds for my (newish) Cisco Set top box to catch up. The Xbox loads up quickly, I can turn STB on first and Xbox One beats
    it. My Cisco has to go through the whole 2d/3d handshake thing before it actually starts passing a signal (the whole time Xbox displays No TV detected). It finally shows the TV after 5-10 seconds.

Andy P2, Oct 31, 2018
  6. The1337gamer Win User

what tv?

LED TV's don't have LED display. LED TV's still have LCD displays, so any display lagg is do with the type of LCD display used.

The main difference between an LED TV and an LCD TV is the backlighting. An LED TV uses LED (Light-emitting diode) backlighting instead of cold cathode lamps which LCD TV's use.
  7. WPAK Win User

Not displaying with TV.

8. UFANS-978CE6BA-C88F- Win User

TV not displaying

I had the same problem, but couldn't find a solution last night. I re-started several times in various orders with no luck. Given that and the HDMI pass-through problems I finally gave up and directly connected the cable box (PVR) to the receiver (AVR).

No more TV for my Xbox.. I might try again in a few months after Microsoft finishes beta testing on the other more patient un-paid test team.
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

: TV Display

Hello Lee,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend to try the
    troubleshoot blank screen
    . There could be few different reasons. Make sure it is in HDMI out, try different HDMI ports on the TV itself. Another that gets overlooked a lot, make sure the console plugged directly into a wall outlet. You can use ext. cords
    or surge protectors but if they are not putting the correct amount of power the console can stop working altogether.

Thanks,

Brad
  10. Andy P2 Win User

TV not displaying

If you are set up that way (Instant on...even using a Harmony Remote to control my devices) I find that I have to wait for a few seconds for my (newish) Cisco Set top box to catch up. The Xbox loads up quickly, I can turn STB on first and Xbox One beats
    it. My Cisco has to go through the whole 2d/3d handshake thing before it actually starts passing a signal (the whole time Xbox displays No TV detected). It finally shows the TV after 5-10 seconds.
Thema:

TV not displaying

1. TV not displaying - Similar Threads - displaying

2. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  3. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  4. Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+: When i try to use smat view on the devices the app on the series s loads just a little bit and then stops. I don't know what to do 263c8077-b8b6-4253-97a4-464060b952d1
  5. Xbox One Display Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Display Not Working: Hello I have a Xbox One X console and have it hooked up to a Dell Montior via a VGA to HDMI adapter due to said monitor not supporting HDMI. The HDMI side of the adapter is plugged into the HDMI...
  6. Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update: So as the title says, my xbox won't display 4k after the latest console update. This is why I always avoid updating but this would keep me off-line. Can I revert the update somehow? Thanks....
  7. How do I get my xbox 360 fat to display to my monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my xbox 360 fat to display to my monitor?: All of the cables are plugged in and the xbox turns on and allows controllers to connect to it. we've already tried changing cables and that doesn't work. it just does not display to my monitor...
  8. My Xbox is not displaying and not turning off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox is not displaying and not turning off: I was playing a game on my Xbox One X and all the sudden my screen went blank and my Xbox wasn't displaying on my monitor. I later tried turning it of via the Xbox button the console, but it only...
  9. Any fix for this? I’m using my Xbox one x with a 4k tv. In display options it lets me...

in XboX Insiders
    Any fix for this? I’m using my Xbox one x with a 4k tv. In display options it lets me...: I’ve tried a new hdmi cable and I’ve tried all my options on the tv. submitted by /u/dope_p1rate [link] [comments]
  10. Reset display settings on series s without the screen on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset display settings on series s without the screen on: My xbox series s was running 4k then i brought it on a trip and the house has a tv that doesnt run my settings so it wont display the screen i need to reset my display settings in series s...