TV coming on with console not working

Discus and support TV coming on with console not working in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have always had my TV come on automatically when I turn my console on, and it has always worked fine. Recently I moved and had to take down my entire... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/_Apollo_Ghost_, Jul 8, 2024.

1. TV coming on with console not working

I have always had my TV come on automatically when I turn my console on, and it has always worked fine. Recently I moved and had to take down my entire setup. When I set it back up (exact same TV, Xbox, controller, HDMI, etc), it no longer works… using the controller. If I turn it on with the console power button it functions normally and turns the TV on like it’s supposed to. I have tried toggling all the auto-on settings but nothing changes. It’s not a big deal but it’s annoying that it isn’t working how it’s supposed to.

submitted by /u/_Apollo_Ghost_
    [link] [comments]

/u/_Apollo_Ghost_, Jul 8, 2024
  2. Jonathan Stokes Win User

Xbox series X and LG C2 problems.

As with others I am not sure buying extra stuff to get a relatively new £450 console to work with a £1,000 TV is really 'solving' the issue- it should work out of the box- or come with a list of incompatible TVs or- get this- Microsoft can pay for the extra stuff to get it to work.
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

green lines

Hi, check that the cable hasn't come loose in the console or TV. If you have another HDMI cable then try that. Give the HDMI port on the console a clean out in case it's a piece of fluff or some dust causing a bad connection.

-

Try another HDMI port on the TV. If none of that works try another TV if you can to eliminate a TV issue. If you get the same issue with another cable, TV then it could well be the HDMI port on the console is starting to fail.
  4. Danno McK. Win User

3D not working for Halo CE

How are you connecting your console to your TV? 3D might not work without HDMI, and new 360 consoles don't come with the HDMI cable.

You might want to mention the model of TV, too, though if you aren't currently using an HDMI cable that's really the first step.
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

Annoying issue with system sounds

Hey there cKy Jack,

To clarify. Did the headset work on the other console without an issue? Are you hearing this same issue when using the audio coming directly from the console to the TV's speakers?

Let us know!
  6. XBF Nestor S Win User

Panasonic TC-P65V10: help to set up live tv one guide required

Hey Don thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Unfortunately at the moment this setup wouldn't be possible since the console needs an input (usually comes from the tuner) since in this case there is no physical connection from the TV to the console (there is no passthrough) there would be no possible
    way to get this to work. Try another TV or possibly look on the current TV for an HDMI port out (not in) to connect another cable directly to the Xbox, hope this helps.
Thema:

TV coming on with console not working

1. TV coming on with console not working - Similar Threads - coming console working

2. Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...: I open game bar and go to xbox social, but 10 seconds after opening xbox social I get something went wrong with this widget errors. Also the xbox app does not connect to any parties I try to start...
  3. Will skylanders come back plz come back I will do anything to get it back and do toys to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Will skylanders come back plz come back I will do anything to get it back and do toys to...: Plz and thank you for listening to my spiel 9406651a-56ee-4834-a1b2-d9432d7b6bdc
  4. New games that should come on xbox cloud gaming

in XboX Insiders
    New games that should come on xbox cloud gaming: Me personally I think that xbox cloud gaming has done a good job bringing all the 2024 version of sports games back, but we need mortal kombat 1. I feel like it is essential to back the classic...
  5. My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to...: Good afternoon, My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to play games. It gets struck at the updating screen. It starts updating to 65% and then the...
  6. When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c56da21c-daf2-404a-bc36-10e94434f9a0
  7. Make a Xbox 360 mode on Xbox one consoles for ola coming up update

in XBoX on Windows
    Make a Xbox 360 mode on Xbox one consoles for ola coming up update: You should make an update where you have 3 Xbox modes Xbox one mode, Xbox 360 mode and Xbox original mode.It should be on the mode you are on is the games you can play. Example on Xbox one mode is...
  8. Did your Xbox series S come with a “power your dreams” green band around console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Did your Xbox series S come with a “power your dreams” green band around console?: I just recently got a new Xbox series S from target. It didn’t look resealed, it was brand new unopened that I’m aware of and nothing was disclosed otherwise. But I noticed I didn’t get the green...
  9. This xbox console comes with

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This xbox console comes with: Hello, I recently bought a pre-owned Xbox Series X that came with Diablo IV included in the package. However, I am unable to find the install option for the game - 'claim for a different...
  10. What Xbox Console can play fifa 23 and the latest one coming EA Sports Fc24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What Xbox Console can play fifa 23 and the latest one coming EA Sports Fc24: What Xbox Console can play fifa 23 and the latest one coming EA Sports Fc24 cc65cc60-e1dc-4c5d-9f7c-4d476be92299