TV can't find xbox one elite

Discus and support TV can't find xbox one elite in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a sony bravia TV and I unplugged my xbox 360 that I have played for years. I plugged in my new xbox one elite and nothing. My TV just can't find... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FUNKYxxCHEESE78, Dec 27, 2015.

1. TV can't find xbox one elite

I have a sony bravia TV and I unplugged my xbox 360 that I have played for years. I plugged in my new xbox one elite and nothing. My TV just can't find it. I have tried the one in another TV, tiny portable one, and it worked fine. How do I get my sony
    to find my new console?

:)

FUNKYxxCHEESE78, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Sayzahr
    Sayzahr Guest
    Bell Fibe Canada Xbox One Guide

I recently traded in my day 1 console for the elite bundle and now my xbox one guide doesn't work - it can find my cable box tv etc..however when i go to put in my postal code says my tv service providers cannot be found..This worked a day ago on my old
    xbox one.

Sayzahr, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Nicolass50zZ
    Nicolass50zZ Guest
    Pb with Xbox one installation.

Hey guys,

My brother got a Xbox one for Xmas, You probably won't be able to find any solution for his pb, but he has a Samsung TV and when he connects the xbox to his tv in HDMI, the TV can't find the Xbox. We can't select the Hdmi option with the remote. Does something
    is missing? We don't know if it does come from the Tv or the Xbox.

Did it happen to anyone else ?

Thanks,

Nicolass50zZ, Dec 27, 2015
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

It sounds like your console may be outputting a screen resolution that your Sony TV can't handle.

Firstly you could try plugging your console back into the portable TV changing the screen output resolution to 720p and then plug it back into your other TV to see what happens

You should also follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below.

support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/system/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

gds1972, Dec 27, 2015
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox turns on or off when turning tv on

My xbox turns on or off when I turn the tv on, it sends a signal to it. I don't know how to turn it off, I remember the original xbox one had an option to set up the tv like this but i can't seem to find the settings on my xbox one x, i looked
    through my tv and can't find anything on there either. I have Samsung tv, please if anyone has answer I'd appreciate it.
    do you have a kenect or is your xbox on instant on or connected to glass-wire
  6. Saxo Appeal Win User

Have you Pre-Ordered the Xbox One S?

I'm thinking about it, my plan is to sell the Xbox One Elite then purchase the Xbox One S and then get an HDR 4K TV
  7. Nmber_4 Win User

After every update, no signal to screen for days.

The Xbox doesn't power up like normal. I've turned the tv off and on, it searches for a signal but can't find one.

Is there a way to do a "hard reset"?
  8. gds1972 Win User

Hi

It sounds like your console may be outputting a screen resolution that your Sony TV can't handle.

Firstly you could try plugging your console back into the portable TV changing the screen output resolution to 720p and then plug it back into your other TV to see what happens

You should also follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below.

support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/system/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected
  9. SMoriarti Win User

Xbox one turns off wrong tv.

Since posting this thread I have discovered the tv remote settings on my xbox one and have removed my Sony Bravia from it. I can't set up my Logik tv because the xbox one can't find it during the set up quite, unfortunately.

For those with similar problems and are wondering where the tv remote set up is:

Settings>Display & Sound > Volume > Set up TV/AV control.
Thema:

1. TV can't find xbox one elite - Similar Threads - can't find elite

2. I can't find my shipping label for my in warranty repair - can't speak to a human !

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't find my shipping label for my in warranty repair - can't speak to a human !: Hi I am trying to get my elite controller repaired I have tried two separate service orders now - fhe shipping label is never delivered to my email or online account. I have checked my junk. Can...
  3. I can't find my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't find my country: So i wanted to make an xbox account but i can't find my country in the regions list can i just use another regions like Germany or Turkey because i can't find my country at all i think it's not...
  4. When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...: When I try to make a group post for Minecraft it says, "Let's keep it clean - remove inappropriate content, then try posting again." I can't find out what it is that makes my post inappropriate....
  5. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  6. Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly: Yesterday after logging in the xbox app i couldn't open any game or menu because all options were greyed out like they were loading. From that point on i've tried everything from reinstalling to...
  7. i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards

in XBoX on Windows
    i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards: i want an Xbox gift card to get minecraft but the only options I have to redeem are Roblox, Overwatch, Diablo VI, sea of thieves and organizations to donate. I don't even have the option to...
  8. I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...: Can anyone tell me a way to do that? 068f9475-6371-44bc-a8ef-b669c2fa71ca
  9. People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar: People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar I checked my settings, nothing indicates why they wouldn't be able to I made sure they're typing it correctly f60ef53c-b54c-484e-bcd1-00cf2c88511e
  10. Can't find lfg on xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't find lfg on xbox: I'm able to post lfg for destiny 2 but any other game I try to it says there was a problem please try again or something along those lines ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox...