Turtle Beach (w/mute) compatibility with 3.5 mm jack

Discus and support Turtle Beach (w/mute) compatibility with 3.5 mm jack in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, there! We just got a new (second) XBox One and the controller has the built-in 3.5 mm jack. We have two set of Turtle Beach headsets - one with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScrabbleCrush, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Turtle Beach (w/mute) compatibility with 3.5 mm jack

Hi, there! We just got a new (second) XBox One and the controller has the built-in 3.5 mm jack. We have two set of Turtle Beach headsets - one with in-line mute and one with mute via a chat headset adapter.

Our TB Ear Force XO One controller has no in-line mute. We have tried several combinations of things to get mute functionality because mute during gameplay is pretty important. We've tried using the adapter that came with the XO Ones (which results in zero
    sound whatsoever) and using our TB Ear Force Ones with in-line mute directly plugged into the 3.5 mm XBox One controller (which results in zero sound whatsoever). Can anyone offer us any solution or advice that might make both our XBox Ones and headset sets
    usable *with* mute functionality?

Thanks much!

(on XBox Live)

:)

ScrabbleCrush, Dec 26, 2015
  2. Using The Turtle Beach X12s On The Xbox One

I have Turtle Beach X41's and use them with the Xbox One without any issues, however you will not be able to plug the 2.5 mm jack into the 3.5 mm controller port as it's too large - you will need to buy a 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter cable, they're inexpensive
    so you might as well buy a couple extras just in case.

Wrecker-F2CF2CCC-A07C-447F-BBDD-F15192E3AA59, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Stereo Headset Adapter and Turtle Beach X12

Your Turtle Beach X12 headset used an USB for power, and also has controls for sound levels. The Stereo Headset Adapter has only an 3.5 mm, 4 pole, Audio jack for phone plug. The adapter has Controls include volume up/down, microphone mute, and game/chat
    balance. I would say buy another headset, MS has one for 79.99 with adapter.

RobertSchweitzer, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Turtle Beach (w/mute) compatibility with 3.5 mm jack

*Update* Just had a most excellent chat support experience with XBox. They're going to send a new controller and see if that helps.

ScrabbleCrush, Dec 26, 2015
  5. ScrabbleCrush Win User

*Update* Just had a most excellent chat support experience with XBox. They're going to send a new controller and see if that helps.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Pdp controllers

Is your headset wired or wireless? The short answer would be yes. I check PDP's website and it says their Xbox controllers have a standard 3.5 mm jack for headsets, so you should be golden. The only non-compatible headsets listed on

this page
    for standard Xbox controllers and licensed Xbox products from third parties like PDP, are headsets that have 2.5mm jacks that typically require an adaptor. (Adaptor details were on that linked page.) Turtle Beach uses a standard 3.5.mm for their
    headsets, I believe...

If you're having wireless headset issues, you should contact Turtle Beach's support about that. https://support.turtlebeach.com/hc/en-us
  7. Wrecker-F2CF2CCC-A07 Win User

Using The Turtle Beach X12s On The Xbox One

I have Turtle Beach X41's and use them with the Xbox One without any issues, however you will not be able to plug the 2.5 mm jack into the 3.5 mm controller port as it's too large - you will need to buy a 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter cable, they're inexpensive
    so you might as well buy a couple extras just in case.
  8. RobertSchweitzer Win User

Stereo Headset Adapter and Turtle Beach X12

Your Turtle Beach X12 headset used an USB for power, and also has controls for sound levels. The Stereo Headset Adapter has only an 3.5 mm, 4 pole, Audio jack for phone plug. The adapter has Controls include volume up/down, microphone mute, and game/chat
    balance. I would say buy another headset, MS has one for 79.99 with adapter.
  9. Grandad G Win User

Will Razer Kraken Pro Work On New Controllers?

Razer Kraken Pro 2015 headset is the PC version and they have a 3.5 mm jack so yes they should be compatible with the new xbox one 3.5 mm controller.
Thema:

1. Turtle Beach (w/mute) compatibility with 3.5 mm jack - Similar Threads - Turtle Beach mute

2. Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...: All of my drivers are up to date. I was having an issue with discord not detecting my mic so I ran a test on it and the levels were appearing just not in discord. I gave up on it, then went to...
  3. Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 USBHeadset

in XBoX on Windows
    Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 USBHeadset: I cannot hear any audio on my headset. Yes it is paired correctly. I have reset everything. My Xbox, the headset still nothing. I see this is a common issue with this headset. I’m lost....
  4. Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....: Mic can't talk. On new. Series. X. Wireless. Or wired 53cd3738-db76-4f63-b6a6-b1fdb67dce37
  5. I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.: I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc. And it cuts out almost every 20 mins then cuts back on after like 5-10 secs. It's really annoying. I...
  6. Obtain firmware as well Pair Turtle Beach Stealth Pro,to Xbox Series X,phone as well system?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Obtain firmware as well Pair Turtle Beach Stealth Pro,to Xbox Series X,phone as well system?: unable to pair stealth pro, headset so phone can locate inorder to view hub as well set. System won't pair to device to register firmware ea171349-d185-4968-b682-0dc6a568aa82
  7. New turtle beach stealth 600 when I join a party I hear them, they don't hear me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New turtle beach stealth 600 when I join a party I hear them, they don't hear me.: Paired headset. Can hear game sounds and others in party. They can't hear me. f0000403-c470-4f2c-87e0-a14fd6abfb75
  8. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  9. Turtle Beach, Stealth 700 Gen 2 Xbox Bluetooth. (Headset Unresponsive, LED/Headset Don't...

in XBoX on Windows
    Turtle Beach, Stealth 700 Gen 2 Xbox Bluetooth. (Headset Unresponsive, LED/Headset Don't...: I got gifted this product as my Christmas present back in 2021 December 25th from an old step relative I do not know anymore. Since using it I have had this issue many times but I have found ways...
  10. Does anyone know why warzone 2.0 mutes my turtle beach mic so i can not use party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone know why warzone 2.0 mutes my turtle beach mic so i can not use party chat: All my settings are on for the mic turtle beach sent me a new headset and still i get muted 7440d5ed-baa1-411b-a281-b75658bc72a2