turns on by itself

Discus and support turns on by itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; both of my xboxs turn on by them selves. how do I stop this from happening 4d7dad69-cfe7-458d-8e5e-9200357d4b77 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iSir ChurbsAlot, Oct 19, 2017.

1. turns on by itself

both of my xboxs turn on by them selves. how do I stop this from happening

:)

iSir ChurbsAlot, Oct 19, 2017
  2. Xbox turns on by itself.

you can change a setting on your xbox for remotes try changing it and it shouldnt pick up your remote turns on by itself :D

StephenCasemore, Oct 19, 2017
  3. kayakking1
    kayakking1 Guest
    XBOX turns on by itself?

Thanks for all the help, although it turns out that my Guitar Hero controller was under a load of stuff in my bedroom and was on, hence causing the xbox to turn on by itself and to show an extra controller being connected XD

kayakking1, Oct 19, 2017
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

turns on by itself

that issue depends on many factors including signals with the same frequency. Just remember to unplug the power cord when you are done using it

M3tal Daz3, Oct 19, 2017
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

turns on by itself

that issue depends on many factors including signals with the same frequency. Just remember to unplug the power cord when you are done using it
  6. Dan531 Win User

Turning On By Itself

Try changing the power mode in Settings from Instant-On to
    Energy Saving
    or vice-versa and see what happens.
  7. HelplessAtom960 Win User

It turns on by itself!

I am having same issue.did you resolve it and how many thanks
  8. ElectroFlying Win User

It turns on by itself!

Umm, my guess. Settings and change the power mode. Other than that, outside giving support a ring. I haven't the fogiest.
  9. ExponentFox7701 Win User

Xbox turning on by itself

Yes this a common thing with the console. There are a few things to look at first I'm assuming you talking about the original Xbox One and not the S model. The original Xbox one uses touch sensitive switch to power the unit on and off, they are sensitive to
    a ground fault condition. This can be caused by having the console plugged into a power strip that is a surge suppressor. The Xbox One console have build in surge suppressors so they need to pulled directly into the wall outlet and not a surge suppressor
    power strip ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/connect-power-supply ). Also make sure it's not on a circuit that has a GFI breaker, these are the ones like to
    bathrooms usually.

With some Samsung TVs, turning on your TV may also turn on your Xbox.

The other thing is a controller that might be faulty and sending the power on signal but the controller does not power on itself. Pull the batteries from your controllers and see if you console still randomly turns on.

Another thing to realize is your Xbox One has an IR sensor to receive remote control signals and some remotes can send the correct signals to power on your console. Logitech Harmony remote do this. There are apps on Cell phones that will also do this as
    some cell phone like Samsungs have an IR transmitter. Try to cover the IR sensor on you console if you think you have something that might be sending the IR signal.

Another thing that will turn on your console the the Xbox App on windows 10, iphone, ipads or Android phones/tables. The device only need to be on the same network as your Xbox. I know of students in an dorm using the same network accidentally turning
    on and off wrong consoles, the same true in hotels (those are usually not accidentally). You can go into the setting on the console and require app connection to authenticate before connecting.

With all these things the most common cause is usually the first one, not plugged directly into the wall outlet. The next is a rouge IR signal (from a neighbors house!!!). I think MS second is different them mine which is a controller issue (pull the batteries).

I hope this all helps.
Thema:

turns on by itself

1. turns on by itself - Similar Threads - turns itself

2. Xbox Series X turns itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns itself off.: I have had my Series X for just over 2 months and it has been fine up until around last weekend, where every time I turn it on and load up a game, it turns itself off after about 2 minutes of...
  3. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  4. Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.: After turning on the Xbox series S the unit will quickly turn off. 1e2a70a3-3633-4bf6-bc94-01f24d670f4d
  5. Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on: [img] My cousin got a new xbox series s last month, he started playing with it (mainly EAFC 24). After a while, specifically last week he started having issues with the xbox restarting mid game...
  6. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  8. my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24: my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24 ca6de670-e7ea-40c5-96c4-5e30c4622f95
  9. Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?: The last few nights my Series X has been turning itself on multiple times around 5-8am. I see it’s on when I wake up and have to get up to turn it back off. Anyone else? submitted by...
  10. My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games: Hello my Xbox Series X is turning itself off randomly when playing certain games the main game at the moment is Call of duty when I I bought this Xbox it worked fine but all of sudden for certain...