Turning off ALL power when the console is fully switched off?

Discus and support Turning off ALL power when the console is fully switched off? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; More of a request. With the cost of living in the UK being an important part of a lot of people's lives. Ways to save money is a good thing. When I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/iCookiiey, Sep 25, 2022.

1. /u/iCookiiey
    /u/iCookiiey Guest

More of a request. With the cost of living in the UK being an important part of a lot of people's lives. Ways to save money is a good thing.

When I fully shutdown my Xbox Series X (this started from the One S and it's built in power supply) there's always power going to USB ports so things like external drives, USB docks always have power. This is wasting electric.

Yes I've looked in settings and no matter what I check/try, even though my Series X/One S/One X is fully shutdown, there's still power going out to the USB ports.

Is this something that can be resolved via an update?

submitted by /u/iCookiiey
    [link] [comments]

/u/iCookiiey, Sep 25, 2022
  2. gds1972 Win User

Power brick won't turn off

Hi

The power brick for the Xbox One console never fully turns off if your console is set to instant on mode the light on the power brick will remain white with the console switched off and if the console is set to power save mode the light will be orange/yellow
    when the console is switched off.
  3. bob111111111(2) Win User

Halo 4.......

Try doing a power cycle

Switch off console and switch off and unplug the router from the wall

Leave for 15 seconds , plug and turn on router.

Let the router fully power up and then switch on the console

And then try playing and see if there is any lag
  4. Wushu Goddess Win User

Everything disappearing

I think I clear the cache every day when I completely turn off the console and disconnect all power by switching off the power strip.
  5. iareBRENDEN Win User

XBOX WON'T TURN OFF

Do you have the eco mode turned off? The xbox is designed to stay on in low power mode when the console is turned off. You have to go into the power settings and turn on eco mode which will power down the xbox fully when you turn it off.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Halo Reach download gets to 70% and then restarts downloading from 0 on xbox 360

Try starting the download, then turn the console off. If you have background downloads switched on, then it should download while turned off. Once the console switches off fully, then the game should be downloaded.
Thema:

1. Turning off ALL power when the console is fully switched off? - Similar Threads - Turning off power

2. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...
  3. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  4. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  5. Xbox turns on and right back off immediately. my question is, how can it be the power...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox turns on and right back off immediately. my question is, how can it be the power...: A couple months ago my Xbox started turning off right after I tried turning it on. Everything online I read said it had to be the power supply. So I swapped it out for one I found on Amazon and...
  6. Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off: Hello, My series X was repaired for the 3rd straight time and I just got it back. Now it’s playable, But every time I shut the console off, it will not turn on, main power button won’t do...
  7. My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power: So I put my ear to my series x when I turned it off to see anything was being weird and I heard a clicking buzzing sound coming from the rear or the part where the ports are I noticed it when it...
  8. Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button: Title says it all. Any reasons for this other than a possible PSU issue? 2c6db711-36ba-4586-bc54-4ccf97338372
  9. Xbox one s turn off after a couple seconds after hitting power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s turn off after a couple seconds after hitting power button: Xbox one s. Will turn off . I hit the power button and the light and sound come on but will turn off after a few seconds. I tried holding the eject and sync button while powering on and same thing...
  10. Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.: My younger brother passed away back in December 2022, and I just recently (past couple of days) got his Xbox One S. The first night I had it at my apartment, it turned on just fine with no issues,...