Turn Sound off when playing Live games with XboxOne

Discus and support Turn Sound off when playing Live games with XboxOne in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Thank in Advance for the help. How does one turn off the sound when playing live games so that we don't hear other people and they don't hear us. We... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Danger3Ranger, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Turn Sound off when playing Live games with XboxOne

Thank in Advance for the help. How does one turn off the sound when playing live games so that we don't hear other people and they don't hear us. We are not using a headset. Sound comes through our surround sound system.

:)

Danger3Ranger, Apr 30, 2015
  2. The Jam God
    The Jam God Guest
    Problems when turning on.

Hi,

Can anyone help advise please?

Since yesterday when I turn on my Xboxone it starts up normally, but then the screen goes black (I can still hear sound).

If I turn the Xboxone off and then back on again it all seems to work fine.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

Thanks in anticipation, Jamie.

The Jam God, Apr 30, 2015
  3. mcadale
    mcadale Guest
    Turn off after period of inactivity

Hi, I have set my XboxOne to turn off after a period of inactivity. My TiVo turns itself off after 4 hours of inactivity, for my TV and Surround Sound I set these to sleep when I'm off to sleep. I expect in the morning to see the XboxOne and Kinect lights
    to be off, but they aren't. Should they? Or do they stay on and in 'listening' mode for the "Xbox On" command? Thanks

mcadale, Apr 30, 2015
  4. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest

Hey buddy,

Are you using Kinect?

To turn off your voice so other can't hear you (note that voice commands will still work):

1.Go to Settings. To do this, press the Menu button on your controller, or say, "Xbox, go to Settings."

2.Select Kinect.

3.Uncheck 'Use Kinect microphone for chat.'

And to stop people's voice coming through the speaker, I beleive the below is what you are looking for:

Configure sound and chat mixer settings. Sound mixer allows you to adjust the blend of sound between visible apps. Chat mixer lets you adjust the blend of sound between your game and your chat communications.

1.Go to the Home screen.

2.Press the Menu button on the controller.

3.Select Settings.

Note You can say “Xbox, go to settings” from any screen, but you’ll need a controller to navigate once you’re on the Settings screen.

4.Select Display & sound.

5.Select the type of audio mix that you’d like to adjust.

I've not confirmed it personally, but it seem to fit what you are looking for, so let me know how you go Turn Sound off when playing Live games with XboxOne :)

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Apr 30, 2015
  5. DENAz666 Win User

Hey buddy,

Are you using Kinect?

To turn off your voice so other can't hear you (note that voice commands will still work):

1.Go to Settings. To do this, press the Menu button on your controller, or say, "Xbox, go to Settings."

2.Select Kinect.

3.Uncheck 'Use Kinect microphone for chat.'

And to stop people's voice coming through the speaker, I beleive the below is what you are looking for:

Configure sound and chat mixer settings. Sound mixer allows you to adjust the blend of sound between visible apps. Chat mixer lets you adjust the blend of sound between your game and your chat communications.

1.Go to the Home screen.

2.Press the Menu button on the controller.

3.Select Settings.

Note You can say “Xbox, go to settings” from any screen, but you’ll need a controller to navigate once you’re on the Settings screen.

4.Select Display & sound.

5.Select the type of audio mix that you’d like to adjust.

I've not confirmed it personally, but it seem to fit what you are looking for, so let me know how you go :)

Cheers

Denaz
  6. BuckshotDeath4U Win User

Hardware Issue - Power Off - Inactivity - Broke 2 Consoles

7. franksouth Win User

Xbox 1 wont turn on after turn off with voice command..

Microsoft has no idea how to fix the turn on command. My xboxone won't turn on by voice after off for a few he's.. But when on I can turn of and turn on by voice
  8. MysticBurnz94 Win User

bully scholarship editon on xbox 360

so yeah another problem has arose with the bully game it is playing now but there is no sound ? it plays sound for the fist mission then gone, it turned off/on the xbox sound their then gone again even when i reload the game sound for about 20 seconds then
    gone

what is happening
  9. UrNowSINNED Win User

Downloaded game wont launch at all

I have downloaded digital version of titan fall. But it only plays first few secs of intro then stops. Even when I turn off xboxone and back on. I click play game and it just goes bck to where it crashed last time. Please can anyone help
Thema:

1. Turn Sound off when playing Live games with XboxOne - Similar Threads - Turn Sound off

2. Forza motorsport sound turned off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza motorsport sound turned off: Hi all Xbox series X Had the game about a week now with no problems except for, the career keeps crashing if you try to update car between races? So today the game had a update (hopping it was...
  3. My Xbox One X Has A Weird Buzzing Sound From The Back And Turns Off If I Try To Turn It On

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One X Has A Weird Buzzing Sound From The Back And Turns Off If I Try To Turn It On: it only Stops buzzing if the power cable isnt pluged in any tips (another thing controllers wont bluetooth to anything 827df3e5-c959-43a3-ae2e-81e98296d064
  4. Xbox One S not turning on, only chime sound then turn off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not turning on, only chime sound then turn off.: Xbox One S not turning on, only chime sound then turn off. b33df5fd-9ae6-486f-85c1-9542e9797a23
  5. Xbox Series X emitting high frequency sound when turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X emitting high frequency sound when turned off.: Hello Xbox community, I would first like to piggyback off of another user Thomas’ post. They experienced the same issue with their Xbox series X as I have, but it seems as though the discussion...
  6. Xbox one The Show 23 - sound so choppy, it just turns off and my xbox wont even save the game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one The Show 23 - sound so choppy, it just turns off and my xbox wont even save the game.: So, i grabbed The Shiw 23... great game. Lately, the sound has been so.choppy, it just shuts off. I play the game with no sound. Pitched a no-hitter vs the Jays, and it took 30 minutes just to...
  7. My Xbox Wireless headsets won’t turn off and I’ve got no sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Wireless headsets won’t turn off and I’ve got no sound: My Xbox wireless headset light stays on but I’ve got no sound and won’t connect to anything c5fc9860-00d0-4167-b8fe-a38fb6fdbd5b
  8. Night Mode Xbox light off causes console to make “turn on” sound when turning off.

in XboX Insiders
    Night Mode Xbox light off causes console to make “turn on” sound when turning off.: Decided to have the console’s light turn off after 8pm just to see whether I like it or not and when I turned the console off, it made the sound it makes when you turn the console on. Pretty...
  9. After last update I can not turn off sound through HDMI on XBOX Series X. Got error 0x80bd0009

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last update I can not turn off sound through HDMI on XBOX Series X. Got error 0x80bd0009: Last update from 25.10.2021 broke my settings All the time the sound is set to be played with gamepad, sound with HDMI - disabled. Now the param for HDMI audio is set to "stereo without...
  10. With latest not insiders build can't turn off the sound of tv

in XboX Insiders
    With latest not insiders build can't turn off the sound of tv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQORe9at44...