Trying to setup 2 xboxes and sharing of games/profiles

Discus and support Trying to setup 2 xboxes and sharing of games/profiles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I will keep this simple as since buying my 7 year old an xbox for Christmas, my head is battered! Currently, I have a Xbox 1 with Gold and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by danielbanks1982, Jan 5, 2019.

  1. Trying to setup 2 xboxes and sharing of games/profiles


    Hi,



    I will keep this simple as since buying my 7 year old an xbox for Christmas, my head is battered!



    Currently, I have a Xbox 1 with Gold and Game Pass. I download games but it’s more for him!



    My son now has an Xbox in his room. I’ve created a new account for him and I’ve logged into his xbox as my account.My xbox is still the home console.



    How do I get all the games I’ve installed off my Games for Gold and Xbox pass to work on his?!



    My head hurts and I can’t keep using mine on his as I then can’t use mine at the same time!!



    Help!



    Dan B

    :)
     
    danielbanks1982, Jan 5, 2019
    #1
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

    Trying to setup 2 xboxes and sharing of games/profiles

    If the games where purchased under YOUR account you would need to make your sons xbox YOUR profiles home xbox and this will allow him to play your digitally purchased games and use any subscription (gold, game pass, EA access) that your account has on it.

    No matter what console your profile is signed into you will always be able to play your games and use your subscriptions.

    Keep in mind you can only switch which console you have set as your home console 5 times a year.

    Keep in mind if your son wants to play your games etc... on any other console besides the home console your profile would have to be signed in at the same time as his to play your games.

    I will use my setup as an example. I have 2 Xboxes and have all the subscriptions and games under my account.

    Xbox 1 is in living room and is set as Home Xbox my wife and son can play All of my games and use All of the subscriptions that I have without any problems.

    Xbox 2 is in my bedroom if my wife wants to play any of the games or subscriptions on this xbox she has to have my Profile signed in at the same time as she is to play them.

    Hope this explains things better.

    Any other questions feel free to reply.
  3. Brad140373 Win User

    Trying to setup 2 xboxes and sharing of games/profiles

    Hi am in much the same boat, second xbox one, same house single router. Trying to create new microsoft accont / gametag for daughter when adding in details it requests an email phone number etc. The result has been that it has been automatically linking
    to my original xbox one profile and it shuts down which ever console unit is not being changed. Please help its driving me insane and the kids are on melt-down.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

    Family Share not working

    Yes it's incorrect, you need to setup Xbox A as the home Xbox using profile B, and setup Xbox B as the home Xbox using profile A. That way you can share each others games and subscriptions (Game Pass, EA Access, Gold, Ultimate)
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

    LiveGold and Game Pass

    Hey there ClearBiscuit651,

    Thank you for reaching out to the forums, If setup properly you do not need to purchase a subscription for all your kids profiles. Quick question, are they playing on multiple consoles? If so how many? also how many profiles are you trying to setup?

    If you are setting trying to setup multiple profiles on a single console then all you would need to do is to Purchase a subscription for one of the profiles that you will be adding on the console. Once you have purchased the subscription You will set up
    that Xbox One console as the "Home Console" for the profile that has the subscription. Once it has been setup all other accounts that get added to that console will be able to enjoy access through Xbox Live as well as access to the games in the Game Pass subscription.
    Take a look at the following links for more help on setting this up.

    Give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

    New Account

    Hi Jackie!

    No worries, the game would be fine even if there are multiple profiles on the console. Also, instead of purchasing the game twice it is possible to set up

    game sharing
    . This will allow the profiles to share games, Xbox Game pass and Xbox Live Gold.
Thema:

Trying to setup 2 xboxes and sharing of games/profiles

Loading...
  1. Trying to setup 2 xboxes and sharing of games/profiles - Similar Threads - Trying setup xboxes

  2. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.: I have just joined Xbox insiders today and I have went to play-test a game but I am getting a popup saying I need an update but I cannot get it at the moment, anyone know a fix? submitted by...
  5. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  6. Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?: The game technically comes out tomorrow but some have gotten the disc early. submitted by /u/bigglehicks [link] [comments]
  7. Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...: I'm trying to reinstall msfs 2020 from dvds as it didn't work the first time. Now when I run setup from the first disk it does nothing except open the Microsoft store main page?...
  8. Error code trying to claim copy of Diablo iv during setup of new xbox series x bundle

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code trying to claim copy of Diablo iv during setup of new xbox series x bundle: I received an error code while trying to claim Diablo IV with my new xbox series x bundle, and now I can't access the game, it's not in my library, and it just says claim for different account....
  9. Ever tried playing split screen for 360 game on Xbox one? It took us over an hour to setup

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Ever tried playing split screen for 360 game on Xbox one? It took us over an hour to setup: Had to create 2 new Xbox profiles and 1 new Microsoft account and recover login for my original account took over an hour of typing in emails using Xbox controller...
  10. Sea of Thieves failed to setup a crew session. Please try again(CoarseBeard)

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves failed to setup a crew session. Please try again(CoarseBeard): What should i do in this case i do not find nothing to do.. c9e27765-8939-4324-a49a-8b29f3b7cb5f