Trying to run Minecraft Java edition. Got 0x800705b9 error.

Discus and support Trying to run Minecraft Java edition. Got 0x800705b9 error. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I got a brand new computer today, and I was getting all of the things I needed. I was downloading Minecraft Java and got the installation file for the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by YairGranek, Dec 2, 2021.

1. YairGranek
    YairGranek Guest

I got a brand new computer today, and I was getting all of the things I needed. I was downloading Minecraft Java and got the installation file for the launcher. When I try and run it, I get the 0x800705b9 error. I've updated the computer as much as I can and done everything other articles suggest, but it still isn't working. Any Suggestions?

:)

YairGranek, Dec 2, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

These steps can help you, give it a try.
    Check for updates on Windows Update, update everything including optional/additional updates.
    1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app
    2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset. Do this for the game too.
    3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
    4. Open the Microsoft Store app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner>downloads updates>get updates and update everything.
    5. Press the Windows Button then type Services.
    Right-click over the Services App from the list of results.
    Then select Run as Administrator
    Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:
    IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager,
    Xbox Live Game Save,
    Xbox Live Networking Service,
    Gaming Services.
    Do this with each of the services listed above.
    Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic.
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services.

Click Apply and OK to save changes.

6. Restart your PC, log in to both apps and see if that solves the problem.
  3. SammyVS Win User

You're welcome, mate. Take care!
  4. AlbertusBarrettus Win User

Thank you so much! It works! Kudos to you, bro!
  5. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

i just bought minecraft java and bedrock i can play bedrock but when i try and play java it says buy now but when i click it says already owned and it wont let me download it what do i do?

Hello Georgina, my name is Zahir.

I would assume you are trying to download on a windows pc.

You will have to install the minecraft launcher first.

To play Minecraft: Java Edition, download and install the correct launcher for your operating system. Sign into the Launcher using your Microsoft account, and you will be able to run Java Edition.

To play Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, you will need a device running Windows 10 or 11 to download and install the newest version of the Launcher, within which you can launch and play Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. Sign into the Launcher using your Microsoft account, and you will be able to run Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.
  6. IanWalker6 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 edition

I am trying to redeem a Minecraft windows 10 edition key from the Mojang website.

This is the prompt I am trying to redeem from:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minecraft for Windows 10

You bought Minecraft: Java Edition during a period of time when Minecraft for Windows 10 was included for free. Claim your redeemable gift code by clicking the button below and follow the instructions. As you
    might have guessed, Minecraft for Windows 10 can only be played on Windows 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It allows for users who have purchased the java edition of the game to then redeem a code for the windows 10 edition of the game.

This is the error message that pops up:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error! It looks like we've temporarily run out of gift codes for Minecraft for Windows 10. Don't worry though, more codes should be on their way. Please check back later!

Thanks for any help!
Thema:

1. Trying to run Minecraft Java edition. Got 0x800705b9 error. - Similar Threads - Trying run Minecraft

2. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  3. Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...: I am trying to run Rising Kingdomon windows 11 but all I get is a notification, "Please login with administrator privileges and try again". I am the administrator so can anyone please tell me how...
  4. Hey whenever I try to run mine craft on my Asus laptop it continuously signs me out and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey whenever I try to run mine craft on my Asus laptop it continuously signs me out and...: [img] Hey whenever I try to run minecraft on my Asus laptop it continuously signs me out. The main issue is whenever I click sign in on the game to send me to the Microsoft account login then says...
  5. When I try to run certain games with my graphics card enabled the game freezes up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to run certain games with my graphics card enabled the game freezes up.: I'm using Windows 11 Pro. The graphics card is a Radeon RX 580. All of the games are configured in System | Display | Graphics to run on high performance. The 4 games I'll have as examples are...
  6. I've been trying to run the game generation zero after installing it recently via the Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been trying to run the game generation zero after installing it recently via the Xbox...: It's a newly built pc so I think this could have an effect on this issue e1ac1728-8e92-47b0-b570-48b4658d436c
  7. Try's to run Anime Adventures but it lags...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Try's to run Anime Adventures but it lags...: So I use windows 7 and I upgraded to windows 10 and when i'm on windows 7 i tried to play it lags so MUCH and I upgrade to windows 10 now it also lags is this because my CPU? because i'm using i5...
  8. Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...: I tried hard resetting several times, changing the hdmi ports/cables nothing works. Now my pc no longer connects to anything!!! My pc cost me $2000 HELP??!! 26e19f87-ded9-4284-a233-36f09ddbaf50
  9. Hi i have a laptop on windows 11 trying to run anime adventures on microsoft roblox but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi i have a laptop on windows 11 trying to run anime adventures on microsoft roblox but...: I came to he conclusion that my microsoft store thinks that my laptop is a mobile device and i want to find a fix <Changed to a question> ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming***...
  10. I’m running in circles trying to join Ubisoft+ for xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m running in circles trying to join Ubisoft+ for xbox: Hello, I’m trying to sign up for Ubisoft+ on my Xbox series s. I follow the link provided and follow the steps to link my Ubisoft account to my gamer tag. After signing into Ubisoft it brings...