Trying to revert xbox one controller firmware

Discus and support Trying to revert xbox one controller firmware in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Trying to revert Xbox one controller from (5.13.3146.0) back down but every time I try and use xbox assist the message "OOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG YOUR... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by austin galuppo, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Trying to revert xbox one controller firmware

Trying to revert Xbox one controller from (5.13.3146.0) back down but every time I try and use xbox assist the message "OOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG YOUR CONTROLLER IS UP TO DATE" or "THERE IS NO USB" when in reality I've tried all that Please help me someone

:)

austin galuppo, Aug 26, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

No problem, take your time!
    Hope one of them does the trick :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed:
  3. DOOLEYs MIKE Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Austin

May I know if you already tried using a different USB cable to see how it goes?
    If the issue persists, do you have access to a Windows PC?

If that's the case try downgrading the firmware from there following steps below:

Connect the controller via USB then open Xbox Accessories App
    Once there press Windows key + R and paste the next command in the box:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

Hit Enter and now Xbox Accessories App will prompt a message and the firmware downgrade process is going to start
    Thank you, Josef,

I tried many different steps before finding this post, inc power cycle reset, and trying to revert the firmware with console but the console does not give the option to revert.

I tried the revert via the Xbox Accessories App using the command box and it worked, FANTASTIC.

I thought I would give some extra details just in case it helps anyone

I had to remove the batteries from the controller before connecting it via USB to my laptop.

I did the next steps as you said. It does sound like controller is disconnecting and connecting a couple of times as if the wire/connection is failing but it's not, it did the same for each controller reverts, I did.

Thanks again Josef

Good luck anyone else having the same issue
  4. austin galuppo Win User

and yes the tutorial was helpful until the “revert firmware option” because on my screen it takes me straight to “your controller is up to date” or the “usb” error
  5. austin galuppo Win User

Hello Josef, I hard reset console, and the same message of “Your controller is up to date” keeps pulling up with no “revert firmware” to be found anywhere
  6. austin galuppo Win User

i am on my way home to try these options right now!
Thema:

1. Trying to revert xbox one controller firmware - Similar Threads - Trying revert controller

2. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  3. hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...: So my buttons will not work, they worked maybe 30 mins beforehand where I sat the controller down and picked it back up and they were unresponsive, My warranty is still covered and the big issue...
  4. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  5. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  6. Trying to redeem points for $25 xbox gift card, all I get is try again...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to redeem points for $25 xbox gift card, all I get is try again...: Trying to redeem points for $25 dollar xbox gift card. Click on redeem and just keep getting try again over and over. f404b7a3-dcc5-44af-874a-ad1fe6b3b5fe
  7. i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...

in XBoX on Windows
    i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...: i can provide proof of this if needed in video form aaef1a84-9f48-4c12-8cc2-a6bd6c150470
  8. Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....: I’ve tried resetting my Xbox and hard turning it on and off. dfdb2707-7708-4ab8-9eff-c2cdcd990d69
  9. When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...: When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it wont let me change my country/ reigon 41f36125-770c-4d8a-81b7-2071d0f26123
  10. Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate: I bought the £1 14 days thing but the other account doesn’t allow them to play without downloading the game. c60880d3-995e-436c-aee4-92adf3170f99