Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag

Discus and support Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to get access to my old gamertag. I transferred it from one email account to another, I think 4 or 5 years ago. But both the original... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by L.B.S., Nov 7, 2021.

  1. L.B.S.
    L.B.S. Guest

    Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag


    I'm trying to get access to my old gamertag. I transferred it from one email account to another, I think 4 or 5 years ago. But both the original account and the account I thought I'd transferred it to now have the generic automatically generated gamertags associated with them. I can find lots of emails about the account, and I have access to many accounts linked to it (bungie, ea, ubisoft, et cetera) all off which still show the account as having the name I remember, and still being in existence.

    So I have no idea where my old gamertag is. Is it possible to identify the email address now linked to it? Or get it migrated back to the original email address?

    I tried to contact us page, but the web chat is an unresponsive virtual assistant, and phone lines are not available at the moment. I'll check again tomorrow to see if I can speak to somebody real, but I'm not even sure if this is something they can help me with.

    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

    :)
     
    L.B.S., Nov 7, 2021
    #1
  2. Jesse E' Win User

    Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag

    Do you still need assistance?
  3. L.B.S. Win User

    Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag

    Thank you for the advice; I'm trying this but when I click the "Request a call Estimated wait: 2 minutes" button, it takes me to a full window "Virtual Agent" with a greyed out "type your message" box I cannot interact with, and nothing else (see below). Is this normal? I don't seem to be able to proceed any further or actually, you know, request a call.

    It doesn't seem to make a difference which options I pick to get there, they all lead to this same dead end.


    [​IMG]
  4. Jesse E' Win User

    Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    You’ll need to reach out to support for this issue. You can do that using the steps outlined by XBF Mohammed.

    Hope this helps
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

    Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag

    Try to visit Contact us | Xbox Support , then tap on contact us select billing & Subscriptions and "I don't recognize a charge".

    (Not your actual issue, but it should get you through!)

    Once you get ahold of an agent, explain the situation, and they shall be able to help!
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

    Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag

    In your case, I believe you will need to contact the support through: Contact us | Xbox Support to check if there is anything they can do about that!

    If you are facing any issues with that, please go through Microsoft support.

    Once you get to the virtual agent just say “Talk to an agent” and select Xbox as the product, and your issue from the list. Select the option “Call me back” or “Live chat”, which shows the estimated wait time/queue.

    If you don't see the options to request a call back or chat with support, change your category/topic until you do. If it does not work, please select billing & Subscriptions and "I don't recognize a charge".
Thema:

Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag

Loading...
  1. Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag - Similar Threads - Trying regain access

  2. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.: I have just joined Xbox insiders today and I have went to play-test a game but I am getting a popup saying I need an update but I cannot get it at the moment, anyone know a fix? submitted by...
  5. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  6. Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?: The game technically comes out tomorrow but some have gotten the disc early. submitted by /u/bigglehicks [link] [comments]
  7. Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.

    in XboX Insiders
    Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.: There is still a bug where you cant auto redeem causing you to spend an extra 800 points every time. The auto redeem gift card won't stay activated. This needs fixing ive recently had to spend...
  8. Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.

    in XboX Insiders
    Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.: I was restarting my pc I don’t think it was a hardware issue either just wouldn’t let me login in on my JPandMe2112 account but if anyone can look into it I would be most appreciative. submitted...
  9. Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead)

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead): It certainly feels alot more stable. I know alot of it is at play with just the broadband provider alone, but before the update id start at a strong 800Mbps and drop to 400-500 for the rest of the...
  10. How to fix there was an error processing your request while trying to enter Xbox update...

    in XboX Insiders
    How to fix there was an error processing your request while trying to enter Xbox update...: How to fix there was an error processing your request while trying to enter Xbox update preview? submitted by /u/redstarosniko [link] [comments]