Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag

Discus and support Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to get access to my old gamertag. I transferred it from one email account to another, I think 4 or 5 years ago. But both the original... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by L.B.S., Nov 7, 2021.

1. L.B.S.
    L.B.S. Guest

I'm trying to get access to my old gamertag. I transferred it from one email account to another, I think 4 or 5 years ago. But both the original account and the account I thought I'd transferred it to now have the generic automatically generated gamertags associated with them. I can find lots of emails about the account, and I have access to many accounts linked to it (bungie, ea, ubisoft, et cetera) all off which still show the account as having the name I remember, and still being in existence.

So I have no idea where my old gamertag is. Is it possible to identify the email address now linked to it? Or get it migrated back to the original email address?

I tried to contact us page, but the web chat is an unresponsive virtual assistant, and phone lines are not available at the moment. I'll check again tomorrow to see if I can speak to somebody real, but I'm not even sure if this is something they can help me with.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

:)

L.B.S., Nov 7, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Do you still need assistance?
  3. L.B.S. Win User

Thank you for the advice; I'm trying this but when I click the "Request a call Estimated wait: 2 minutes" button, it takes me to a full window "Virtual Agent" with a greyed out "type your message" box I cannot interact with, and nothing else (see below). Is this normal? I don't seem to be able to proceed any further or actually, you know, request a call.

It doesn't seem to make a difference which options I pick to get there, they all lead to this same dead end.

[​IMG]
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

You’ll need to reach out to support for this issue. You can do that using the steps outlined by XBF Mohammed.

Hope this helps
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Try to visit Contact us | Xbox Support , then tap on contact us select billing & Subscriptions and "I don't recognize a charge".

(Not your actual issue, but it should get you through!)

Once you get ahold of an agent, explain the situation, and they shall be able to help!
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

In your case, I believe you will need to contact the support through: Contact us | Xbox Support to check if there is anything they can do about that!

If you are facing any issues with that, please go through Microsoft support.

Once you get to the virtual agent just say “Talk to an agent” and select Xbox as the product, and your issue from the list. Select the option “Call me back” or “Live chat”, which shows the estimated wait time/queue.

If you don't see the options to request a call back or chat with support, change your category/topic until you do. If it does not work, please select billing & Subscriptions and "I don't recognize a charge".
Thema:

1. Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag - Similar Threads - Trying regain access

2. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  3. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  4. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  5. When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.: When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes. Its been a while since I have been on Xbox but still, the account is not or ever has been suspended or anything like that,...
  6. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  7. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f
  8. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  9. My profile won’t pull up on Xbox for me or friends. Says sorry try again.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My profile won’t pull up on Xbox for me or friends. Says sorry try again.: So after the update that put the chat and group options on the right of your friends list when I try to pull up my profile link on Xbox one x for myself or even press A on friends in friend list...
  10. Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...: Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i need help pls. by 5f17215b-1c92-4aeb-a266-cddb5f0e3f6e