Trying to push Shift + A in Game Stops Movement

Discus and support Trying to push Shift + A in Game Stops Movement in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I've been having this issue for awhile, in certain games where Shift is the Run button, I can't hold Shift + A to run Left. Shift + D works for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by L0STPERFECTION, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Trying to push Shift + A in Game Stops Movement

So I've been having this issue for awhile, in certain games where Shift is the Run button, I can't hold Shift + A to run Left. Shift + D works for running Right, but completely stops movement with Shift + A. I downloaded KeyboardTest, and it functions fine in that program, I've switched Keyboards, reinstalled Keyboard drivers, but still no luck. On Notepad I can hold Shift+A and it types capital A's. I've gone through just about every app that runs in the background, and can't find Shift+A as a shortcut anywhere. I was wondering if anyone had an idea besides reinstalling Windows, as that's just not a step I can take at this time.

:)

L0STPERFECTION, Sep 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this L0STPERFECTION

Try this:
    Open Task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there
    Restart your PC and give it a new try

If that doesn't work:
    Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

If the issue persists do this:
    Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (don't worry your content will remain)
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
    If you're on windows 10 steps are the same, you just need to download windows 10 ISO
  3. RPM Bibblefish Win User

Manual w/clutch help

Map the clutch to the A button then you can shift up with B+A and shift down with X+A (basically just pushing two buttons at once) By far the easiest way to use the clutch with a controller.
  4. Jason Keswick Win User

Tame the Horses after Laso .

When he shifts to the left, push right. When he shifts to the right, push left. I always watch his legs, it is easier for me to see the changes. No need to go slow or part way, I always go straight from one extreme to the other, and never have any trouble.
  5. Nkosana23 Win User

I can't change my Roblox from Thumbstick to Keyboard

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Here are the steps you can follow to try change the movement mode:
    1. Go To The Menu "Settings"
    2. Go to the "Movement Mode"
    3. Enable the "Mouse+Keyboard" Mode.

For more details on the above kindly visit: https://alvarotrigo.com/blog/shift-lock-roblox/

I hope this helps resolve your issue.
  6. DarthLama Win User

Stamina & Jumping

I had a somewhat similar issue, but mine was the sneak button. No matter how many times I would push on the left stick, it would not go into sneak. I don't think my stamina was effected, but turns out mine was a glitch from a warewolf shift. I rested and
    then shape shifted again and it fixed it. If you have Vampire or Beast form, try to shift form and see if it fixes itself after that.
Thema:

1. Trying to push Shift + A in Game Stops Movement - Similar Threads - Trying push Shift

2. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  3. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  4. My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...: Fix this bug with the series x or your going to have everyone run to ps5 51841de2-6e96-440b-83c1-d7d9717b36d5
  5. I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service: Wether it's about trying to remove old feeds or changing information. it simply won't work as i constantly get web errors or other stuff shoved into my face. Please fix your services or do...
  6. Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...: My brother is able to use this app on his xbox but for me it is not working. Could someone help me? 8f44dc0b-c55b-40a6-a414-8a240d2a259e
  7. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  8. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...
  9. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  10. Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.

in XBoX on Windows
    Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.: When i click on the amount of points i want to buy, example: 1,200 CoD points, It keeps saying "Something went wrong, please try again later" and i have enough money, it keeps saying this each...