Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated...

Discus and support Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey all, I had a certain gamertag that I used back when I played xbox360. With Halo coming to pc, I was trying to allocate my gamertag to my microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KrusTofu, Dec 6, 2019.

  1. KrusTofu
    KrusTofu Guest

    Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated...


    Hey all, I had a certain gamertag that I used back when I played xbox360. With Halo coming to pc, I was trying to allocate my gamertag to my microsoft account, but it is currently locked to my old account. I can't do the microsoft account switch as my
    new account has a randomly generated account from when I opened halo reach on steam, and shows that account as "taken". Is there any way to remove this auto-generated gamertag? So I can move my gamertag data across.

    :)
     
    KrusTofu, Dec 6, 2019
    #1
  2. ArminatorX Win User

    Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated gamertag.

    Unfortunately, it's not possible to move your existing "old" Microsoft Account's Gamertag to your new Microsoft Account, as this already is a Microsoft Account.

    Depending on your situation, you might have to abandon your "new" Microsoft Account (or use it as a secondary account), and make your old Microsoft account with the old Gamertag your "new" main account.

    If you don't have a lot of purchases on the new account, you might just move your stuff you have on OneDrive and other Microsoft Services to your old account, and mainly use that then.
  3. xTye Win User

    Free name change

    It's for new accounts only. If you had your account when this went into effect, it'll cost 800 as yours did. This only applies to new accounts as they give you a randomly generated Gamertag.
  4. benwoony Win User

    How to remove Xbox Profile from Microsoft Account

    I don't want to create a new Microsoft Account. I already have the desired Microsoft Accounts. I just want to get rid of the Microsoft generated Xbox Profile/Gamertag for Account #2, so I can move my Xbox Profile/Gamertag from Account #1.

    Thanks
  5. MisterBalloons Win User

    Error changing e-mail adress

    Hey Venomz,

    When this error message appears when trying to switch Microsoft Accounts and they are not in the 30 day "pending period," it generally means that a Gamertag is already associated to the Microsoft Account you are trying to move your content to. You may want
    to create a brand new email address and transfer the account to that one before associating a Gamertag to it.

    Let us know if you need any other assistance!
  6. Photonimus Win User

    How to delete an account for good.

    And be very very careful to not generate a new gamertag with the new microsoft account.
Thema:

Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated...

Loading...
  1. Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated... - Similar Threads - Trying move gamertag

  2. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.: I have just joined Xbox insiders today and I have went to play-test a game but I am getting a popup saying I need an update but I cannot get it at the moment, anyone know a fix? submitted by...
  5. I'm trying to move my account from Xbox one to Xbox series X and cannot.

    in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to move my account from Xbox one to Xbox series X and cannot.: I'm trying to move my account from Xbox One to Xbox series X. I don't remember my password and the email attached to this account is long gone. So password recovery will not work as I can't access...
  6. How to move a child account? When trying the 1st step (remove) it is denied

    in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move a child account? When trying the 1st step (remove) it is denied: Hi, I want to move a child from one family group to another. (I messed up, and created a new family group when I added a child.) My problem is that when I log in with the parent account of the...
  7. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f
  8. When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...

    in XBoX on Windows
    When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...: I have tried restarting my computer, resetting and repairing the app in settings, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing has worked. This has happened since the app was updated a couple of...
  9. What do I do when my controller turns on but I can't move or anything and I tried to pair...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on but I can't move or anything and I tried to pair...: I was sitting watching YouTube and I have wireless headphones so my controller usually turns off. When I turned it back on I couldn't move so I turned my xbox off and tried to turn it on through...
  10. So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...: Using the right stick up forces the left trigger action, it's getting annoying, I need help 869a90bd-3ebc-4407-872e-77ff2c5c38da