Trying to move a minor when the original parent is no longer on the account.

Discus and support Trying to move a minor when the original parent is no longer on the account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; We're trying to move a child from one family account to another. (Hint to product owner: children with divorced parents have a 1:n family relationship... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Emanon11, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Emanon11
    Emanon11 Guest

We're trying to move a child from one family account to another.
    (Hint to product owner: children with divorced parents have a 1:n family relationship not 1:1).

Only the parent who put the child on the account can move the child.
    However, only one parent is still on the account.
    (2 more hints to product owner: people don't stay on accounts, and people die)

How do we move the child to the other family account?

:)

Emanon11, Jan 7, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Emanon11,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

A child account that is not over the age of majority cannot leave the group on its own.
    You need the Family Group organizer to remove the child account from that group.

If you're over the age of majority (for example, 18 in the U.S.), you can remove yourself from your family group by using a Windows device.

On the console, any other organizer in the family group can remove you. To do so, have them follow the steps in the preceding section.

Note If you're the only organizer in a family group that includes child accounts, first remove the member from the family group. After you’ve removed them, add them to another family group so that they can continue using Xbox services.

To remove yourself online:

1. Sign in to your family Microsoft account.Microsoft account
    2. Under your name, select Leave family.
    Remove a family member on your Xbox

1. Sign in with the appropriate account on the console.
    2. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    3. Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Family settings > Manage family members. If prompted, validate that you have the authority to make this change by entering your password or PIN.
    4. Select the account that you want to remove from the family group.
    5. Select Remove <Name> from family, where <Name> is the person’s name that you want to remove.
    6. Select Remove from family to confirm that you want to remove the family member.
    Remove yourself from a family group on your Xbox

If you're over the age of majority (for example, 18 in the U.S.), you can remove yourself from your family group by using a Windows device.

On the console, any other organizer in the family group can remove you. To do so, have them follow the steps in the preceding section.

Note If you're the only organizer in a family group that includes child accounts, first remove the member from the family group. After you’ve removed them, add them to another family group so that they can continue using Xbox services.

To remove yourself online:

1. Sign in to your family Microsoft account.Microsoft account
    2. Under your name, select Leave family.
    Please see: Remove yourself or a family member from your family group on Xbox | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Migration from Spain to UK.

Child accounts

An Xbox LIVE child account can move to a new region even if the parent account stays in its original region. But the parent will still have to accept the Terms of Use in the new region on the child’s behalf.

-

If the child is a minor (as defined by applicable law) in one region but isn’t a minor in the other region, the account can’t be moved between those regions.
    Looks like as per the second paragraph, it doesn't seem to be possible. You may have to wait until you are 18.
  5. maxen Win User

Parental controlled profiles?

I think it's possible it sets a global restriction, but when you try to access that content it asks for the parental passcode. As such, the two parental accounts would be able to access the restricted content by knowing the passcode whereas the minors' accounts
    could not.
  6. DangerousBard Win User

Xbox Games will not let me sign in "Parent approval needed"

Hello,

"Parental approval" is needed if your account is open for a minor. In this case the minor account should get permission from the parent's account to play certain games.
Thema:

1. Trying to move a minor when the original parent is no longer on the account. - Similar Threads - Trying move minor

2. Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X: I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  3. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  4. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  5. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  6. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  7. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f
  8. When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...: I have tried restarting my computer, resetting and repairing the app in settings, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing has worked. This has happened since the app was updated a couple of...
  9. What do I do when my controller turns on but I can't move or anything and I tried to pair...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on but I can't move or anything and I tried to pair...: I was sitting watching YouTube and I have wireless headphones so my controller usually turns off. When I turned it back on I couldn't move so I turned my xbox off and tried to turn it on through...
  10. So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...: Using the right stick up forces the left trigger action, it's getting annoying, I need help 869a90bd-3ebc-4407-872e-77ff2c5c38da