Trying to load fortnite, wont load, crashes back to home screen and freezes

Discus and support Trying to load fortnite, wont load, crashes back to home screen and freezes in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So after the newest Fortnite update when I click on the game it’ll pop up then crash back to home screen. Then my console will freeze. Can’t open menu.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PeachiiBunni, Sep 4, 2022.

1. PeachiiBunni
    PeachiiBunni Guest

So after the newest Fortnite update when I click on the game it’ll pop up then crash back to home screen. Then my console will freeze. Can’t open menu. It’ll grey out the screen and won’t respond for a few minutes. I’ve tried uninstalling the game and redownload it. That doesn’t help. I hard restart it (holding the power button for 10 seconds and unplugging the console), that don’t help. I’ve reset my Xbox (keeping games and apps), that worked for a day. When I’m trying to do this sometimes when I turn my Xbox on it won’t show the green screen for what feels like forever. This only happens after I try starting Fortnite, my other games don’t do this. I’m at my wits end here.

:)

PeachiiBunni, Sep 4, 2022
  2. joesullivan3 Win User

obox one is freezing

no but on Fortnite it will freeze, go back to start then freeze when loading. it will also freeze at the home screen.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this PEACHIIBUNNI

I can advise you couple things more to try in your console just to cover everything from your side. But if the issue persists you may need to reach Epic support

1. Is your fortnite game installed in the internal storage? If not please move the game to the internal storage and remove all the USB accessories connected to the console, finally open the game and test how it goes

The next can be a bit odd but:

2. Did you tried connecting your console to a different wifi network?
    For example sharing mobile data via wifi hotspot and connect your console in that way

3. Use a different DNS address
    go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.
    (if that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary)

4. Did you tried setting a different resolution for your console?
    For example if you are using 1080p, set it to 720p and try again

5. Let's try cleaning your MAC address:
    Select Setting > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address
    Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try

-----------

6. If you're using an insider build / beta OS please go back to an stable version and try again

7. Perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Let me know how it goes with each one
  4. AngelObullets Win User

obox one is freezing

no but on Fortnite it will freeze, go back to start then freeze when loading. it will also freeze at the home screen.
    Are you using a external hard drive at all that is powered from the console?.
  5. wadping Win User

Fallout 4, Disk no longer reading

Having the same issue,it starts up but as soon as i try and load a save it starts the loading screen freezes and crashes me back to main menu v_angry the disc is perfect
  6. KosherCh0c0late Win User

I BOUGHT PLANTS VS ZOMBIES AND IT WONT PLAY

When you say that it wont start, what is the game doing. not loading up, kicking to the home screen, freezing? if you could respond back I might be able to help. ^_^
Thema:

1. Trying to load fortnite, wont load, crashes back to home screen and freezes - Similar Threads - Trying load fortnite

2. Infinite loading screen after trying to claim my 3 months of Xbox game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Infinite loading screen after trying to claim my 3 months of Xbox game pass: I got the Xbox series s that comes with 3 months of Xbox game pass but when I try to claim it, it puts me on a three dot loading screen and nothing ever happens. Its just stuck there infinity...
  3. Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...: Ive tried to do everything I know when it comes to factory resetting the whole Xbox with and without games. Its strange as a he white screen only happens when I try to load into an actual game. If...
  4. When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...: I have tried restarting my computer, resetting and repairing the app in settings, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing has worked. This has happened since the app was updated a couple of...
  5. When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea: My internet is okay because I did a test along with I opened other apps. I have had the xbox customer support open for over an hour and hasnt loaded on my pc. Any ideas?...
  6. when I try to connect to xfinitywifi internet on my Xbox the button to log in doesn’t load...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when I try to connect to xfinitywifi internet on my Xbox the button to log in doesn’t load...: My xfinitywifi log in button doesn’t load it only says “sign in with your Xfinity ID Comcast Business customers sign in here By signing in, you agree to our Terms or Service and Privacy Policy...
  7. Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I...: Whenever I try to log in to cloud gaming on laptops and phones in my house it loads after I put in my info then it shows me to sign in again and it goes on forever. Please help!...
  8. Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...: It's Christmas eve, I've been away for months, I dusted it off. It could load disney plus slowly, but everything else, like prime video and Netflix, all games both disc and digital don't work. I...
  9. My Roblox will not load no matter what I try.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Roblox will not load no matter what I try.: Hi, I’ve been experiencing a problem for multiple months now and have tried many and multiple different methods to resolve it with no avail. Every time I try to load into the game Roblox on my...
  10. I’m trying to play Fortnite not it’s not loading me in what should I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to play Fortnite not it’s not loading me in what should I do: I’m trying to play Fortnite and it’s not loading me in what should I do 311558f7-b3e8-4c50-9053-c3516eca9295