TRying to launch msfs 2020 after hardware changes but all i get is a CLiP license device id...

Discus and support TRying to launch msfs 2020 after hardware changes but all i get is a CLiP license device id... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have two laptops, on being powerful enough for msfs, but last night i took out its boot drive and used it in my old laptop to see if it still worked.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Underwood Kids, Feb 23, 2023.

1. TRying to launch msfs 2020 after hardware changes but all i get is a CLiP license device id...

i have two laptops, on being powerful enough for msfs, but last night i took out its boot drive and used it in my old laptop to see if it still worked. i then took it out and but the boot drive in my newer laptop and went to bed. the next day, i woke up , tryed to boot msfs 2020, and all i got was a clip license device id does not match bound device id. i assume this is the computer thinking its still in the old laptop and the game not regestering as being back in the laptop it was installed onto. the windows instilation and drive were origionally in the old one if it helps.

old laptop- dell inspiron model number p69g

this was being thrown out by the it guys but my dad took it and brought it home for me and my sivblings to use for word processign. this instilation of windows 10 was updated to windows 11 when i put it in the new er laptop

new laptop- dell latitude 5420- this one was another work laptop the it guys gave my dad. we didnt know to password for it, so i took out its ssd and but in the drive from the inspiron. eariler this year i installed msfs 2020 in this device, and after putting the drive in the inspiron and then back in the latitude, the clip license device id error occurred.

thank you for the help

:)

Underwood Kids, Feb 23, 2023
  2. MaxJAM_34 Win User

clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after hardware changing

it's not only games but other apps that are installed in store.
  3. MaxJAM_34 Win User

clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after hardware changing

I have same problem, after swapping the motherboard not able to open few apps and games from app store.

[​IMG]
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Zelodeg,

Hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up your concern.

Kindly let us know if you still have issue by posting a reply.

Kind regards,

5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Zackary595. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Would you please try to reinstall the Gaming Services app on your PC?

- Go to Start > Search for PowerShell > Right Click > Run as Administrator.

- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Also, please do these steps:

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Game Title > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Fix it.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Set if OFF.

- Press the Windows Key + R. Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

- Restart your computer and login again to the Microsoft Store and the Xbox App.

See if this works and please let me know.
  6. MGroesbeck Win User

I have received the same error message without having changed any element of the hardware or installed new software. From this, it would seem that the error message in question does not, in fact, indicate that hardware has been changed, and has instead been programmed to respond to a broader set of circumstances. Under what other conditions has the Microsoft team chosen to remove access to purchased apps?
Thema:

TRying to launch msfs 2020 after hardware changes but all i get is a CLiP license device id...

1. TRying to launch msfs 2020 after hardware changes but all i get is a CLiP license device id... - Similar Threads - TRying launch msfs

2. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  3. How do I stop getting rhis message saying “ Try launching again shortly

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I stop getting rhis message saying “ Try launching again shortly: Hello, I’m am a Xbox player and I’m having trouble with this message I’m getting, when ever I try to click my profile or click the Xbox logo, It’s showing me “ Try launching again shortly, If...
  4. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  5. I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.: Xbox app from the Mircosoft Store won't open at all. The application opens then immediately crashes. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I'm on Windows 11 with everything on my PC up...
  6. When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]:...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]:...: When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie, I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]: 'sa_mp_jup_bigmap.ff' - check log for more information adf26045-1a33-40ac-a62e-5148ee5cd383
  7. Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11: Hello, Having a weird issue where Xbox app just crashes when I try to launch it. Here's what I tried already: - updating Windows (in fact, today was when I got a cumulative update, although the...
  8. I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer.: I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer. It has never worked, just installed but didn’t manage to get in. Windows 11 is up to date and I have more than 50gB space....
  9. I bought Modern Warfare 3 Vault Edition but when I launch the game and try to access...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Modern Warfare 3 Vault Edition but when I launch the game and try to access...: I play warzone on my xbox series X and with the Christmas discounts I purchased MW3 vault edition. When it finished downloading I tried to play but it said I needed to purchase the vault edition....
  10. Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry...: Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry something went wrong . Try again in a while (0X80070520) Was working fine yesterday...