Trying to install new games on my new 2nd USB

Discus and support Trying to install new games on my new 2nd USB in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Based on your question, “I ran out of room on my internal storage and my 1st USB drive, so I bought a 2nd USB drive. I'm trying to install some new... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AustinJames9, Feb 17, 2023.

1. AustinJames9
    AustinJames9 Guest

Based on your question, “I ran out of room on my internal storage and my 1st USB drive, so I bought a 2nd USB drive. I'm trying to install some new games I bought on the 2nd USB drive, however, it keeps trying to install it from the full storages and is still telling me to clear space. I changed the storage settings to where it installs games on the new 2nd USB drive, but it still automatically tries to install from the prior storage. It's a 3.0, and it shows the expanded remaining GB free on "all storage" which is currently 257.3.,” we think we might have found something to help.

:)

AustinJames9, Feb 17, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

If you are talking aboutseries x oe patched game then no you can't as it would be too slow

You are talking about speed difference in spades

500mbps vs 4.8gbps and no bottlenecks
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

What exactly is your Xbox console model?

Please try to clear your system cache by performing a power cycle. Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.
  4. IXISTiCKYIXI Win User

USB STICK: Can't install new full games.

I noticed that all games before Gears of War 3, can still install on usb.

Is this some sort of new standard in new games? No games can install on USB?
  5. xlBaDnEwSlx Win User

NBA 2k14

Mine installs to 50% then says error code 0x87e00064. It says the game might be damaged or broken, but this is my 2nd copy brand new
  6. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

DLC’s unavailable

If the hard reset didn't solve your problem maybe try getting the discs cleaned? Or as above try installing the 2nd one first? Hope you manage to fix mate New Vegas is a great game
Thema:

1. Trying to install new games on my new 2nd USB - Similar Threads - Trying install games

2. game wont install only tries to update and then fails

in XBoX on Windows
    game wont install only tries to update and then fails: hey my problem is kind of hard to explain but ive run into trouble on my xbox one where i deleted wasteland 3 while it was updating and for months it has shown up in my queue trying to update and...
  3. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  4. how to fix a error when trying to install physical games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix a error when trying to install physical games?: I’ve had a problem where every single time I’ve tried to download a game on my series x regardless of whether or it’s a Xbox one or series x disc, the download cancels before it even begins and...
  5. Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...: Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on a Xbox one x it does not show install option. it's show buy ubisoft+ subscription....
  6. When ever I try to install a game error 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I try to install a game error 0x80070005: Windows is up to date and everything is how it should be but error 0x80070005 popped up out of no where and does not allow me to download games 0x80070005 pops up I've seen different types of...
  7. I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...: I installed games through the Microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need permission from the adult in my family but I am the only one in my family. How do I solve this?...
  8. Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console: Just got a new console, and finished transferring my data to my series x, but now whenever i try to install something from the old console it just buffers for a bit and then says "installation...
  9. Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc: Good morning, afternoon, evening, Recently I have moved to a new system, couple of extra spare drives moved over but other than that a fresh setup on windows 11 pro with a new main SSD. Since...
  10. Xbox One S is trying to install and update a game at the same time.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S is trying to install and update a game at the same time.: With the new Fortnite season around, I decided to update the game. However, it wouldn't let me update it, it continued to say "Update Paused." So I uninstalled Fortnite and tried to install it...