Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games

Discus and support Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello im tring to hook up my xbox 360 controller with charge cord to my pc to use for pc games and its not working. im using windows 10. I plugged it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by lazi smurf, Dec 19, 2018.

  1. lazi smurf
    lazi smurf Guest

    Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games


    Hello im tring to hook up my xbox 360 controller with charge cord to my pc to use for pc games and its not working. im using windows 10. I plugged it in and it made the noise it was recognised in device manager as xbox 360 peripherals device status says
    this device is working properly...well its not lol. the 4 green lights keep flashing and its not working. I tried it on pc roblox and wouldn't do anything and I know it should work for that because I watched videos of others doing it. I also tried using both
    usb ports. so yeah if someone could help please that would be awesome thank you

    :)
     
    lazi smurf, Dec 19, 2018
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games

    Hello im tring to hook up my xbox 360 controller with charge cord....
    H,

    That's your problem, right there. Unfortunately, if you connect your wireless Xbox 360 controller with a charging cable, all your doing is charging the controller.

    The 360 wireless controller can't be turned into a wired controller with the charging cable as neither the controller or the wire were designed to send data this way.

    You either need 360 wired controller or an Xbox One controller. Xbox One controllers can use wired or wireless, but wireless is only supported via Windows 10.

    Hope that helps.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

    Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games

  4. tplarkin7 Win User

    Back to the drawing board?

    Icestorm... I have considered going back to PC gaming because consoles are lacking in innovation. This is the point. Consoles need to be more powerful. I respect PC gaming, but my experience is that it's a lot of work to have fun. The console experience
    is seamless. Finally, I have never liked KB/Mouse controls. Just hook up a 360 controller to the PC? So easy, right? All games support it like an Xbox 360, right? Wrong!!!
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

    drivers

    Depending on which version of Windows you use depends on which drivers you need.

    Windows 7 you can find them here
    https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-gb/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows


    Windows 8/10 Drivers are automatically installed when you plug the Xbox 360 wired controller into your PC.

    If you are trying to hook up a wireless controller, then you need a Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver for windows

    https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows


    If you are trying to connect the Xbox 360 controller to the PC with a play & charge kit, then that will not work, as the cable will only work on the PC to charge the controller's play & charge battery.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

    my controller syncs up with the adapter but the controller still does not work in games. why is this

    Hooking up a controller to the computer is one thing. Another thing is checking if your PC game actually supports controller input.

    Some PC games (usually console ports) may have full Xbox controller compatibility out of the box. Other PC games may require you manually map each button and input. The rest simply aren't programmed to use controllers.
Thema:

Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games

Loading...
  1. Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games - Similar Threads - Trying hook 360

  2. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.: I have just joined Xbox insiders today and I have went to play-test a game but I am getting a popup saying I need an update but I cannot get it at the moment, anyone know a fix? submitted by...
  5. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  6. Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?: The game technically comes out tomorrow but some have gotten the disc early. submitted by /u/bigglehicks [link] [comments]
  7. Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.

    in XboX Insiders
    Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.: There is still a bug where you cant auto redeem causing you to spend an extra 800 points every time. The auto redeem gift card won't stay activated. This needs fixing ive recently had to spend...
  8. Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.

    in XboX Insiders
    Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.: I was restarting my pc I don’t think it was a hardware issue either just wouldn’t let me login in on my JPandMe2112 account but if anyone can look into it I would be most appreciative. submitted...
  9. Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead)

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead): It certainly feels alot more stable. I know alot of it is at play with just the broadband provider alone, but before the update id start at a strong 800Mbps and drop to 400-500 for the rest of the...
  10. Hi, this isn't much of a technical issue, but can someone please try and hook me up with a...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, this isn't much of a technical issue, but can someone please try and hook me up with a...: Hello, this isn't much of a technical issue at all but can someone try and hook me up with a sea of thieves developer? I just really want to send my feedback but i'm not sure if they can actually...