Trying to get Xbox series x remote play to work on my Windows 10 machine

Discus and support Trying to get Xbox series x remote play to work on my Windows 10 machine in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've joined the insider program for windows remote play and received all the necessary updates but still getting a black screen every time I try to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Asem1989, Dec 19, 2021.

1. /u/Asem1989
    /u/Asem1989 Guest

I've joined the insider program for windows remote play and received all the necessary updates but still getting a black screen every time I try to connect to my Xbox through the windows Xbox app. I have tried it on Android and it worked perfectly but not on windows.

Is there something I'm missing ?

submitted by /u/Asem1989
    [link] [comments]

/u/Asem1989, Dec 19, 2021
  2. Volitar Prime Win User

My Xbox Series X is no longer selectable for Remote Play, it was two days ago. How do I get it back?

I changed my home console to my Series X as suggested (I normally have my older One X as "home" since my kids play it without me being logged into it, I am now down to only 1 out of 5 home transfers available). It did not help. It did not change anything. Only my One X is showing up in my console list for remote play. I have even done yet another system reset (keeping games and apps) after that.

Other things I have tried today (based on suggestions I've seen elsewhere for this issue), none of which have helped:

- Change to an alternative MAC address, reboot.

- Restore to original MAC address, reboot.

- Manually change system name, reboot.

- Change to a different network port, reboot.

- System reset and use my android tablet instead of my android phone during the setup.

I still think this issue is possibly something with my account on Microsoft's side but I am willing to try more suggestions in order to "trigger" the remote play/remote access option for my Series X again. Something is not triggering the remote play/remote access to my Series X on my account. If I go to xbox.com and search for a game that I own in the web version of the Xbox Store, I get the option to "Install to" but it only shows my old Xbox One X, my Series X is no longer listed their either (it was until two days ago). Also, some limited connection between the Windows Xbox app and my Series X does work. If I try to manually add my Series X through the Windows App, the Windows App tells me to turn on and log into my system. It can tell when I do this with my Series X and goes to the next pop up telling me to press enable on my system. If I had remote play disabled on my Series X, I do get the pop up screen on it telling me to enable remote play. I do this and run through the text (everything passes) but then the sequence stops here. The "press enable" pop up screen in the Windows app does not close on it's own. If I manually close it and restore the process it quickly and automatically progresses through the first two pop up screens (turn on/log in, and then the press enable one) and stops with a "something is wrong, try again later" screen. This shows that there is some amount of data passing between my Windows PC with the Xbox app and my Series X and is why I believe that this problem I am having is outside of my home and something on Microsoft's end with my account but I am willing to try more if there is something I missed and/or did out of sequence.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

Then remote.play wont work

Remote play ala xcloud is only available on gamepass ultimate

Game.streaming.via.the xbox companion app requires a xbox

Keep in mind you can't.use.the.xbox while you are.using.the wireless gamestreaming
    Huh? Remote Play is nothing to do with Xcloud or Game Pass. And if it won't work, then how can they get it working on their Android device? And they have an Xbox so that's not the issue.

They are trying to Remote Play their Series X games from their Series X console to their PC via the Remote Play feature and using the Xbox App. This should work without an issue, as it does with their Android device. There is nothing on the Remote Play page to suggest Game Pass is needed

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoles/remote-play
  4. Scotty Nocky Win User

Remote Play from my Laptop

It doesn't work with next gen which shocked me. No ETA either.

Remote Play on Windows 10

• Known issue: Console streaming to a Windows 10 device from an Xbox Series X|S will not work through the Xbox Console Companion app.
    • Workaround: This feature is only supported through an Xbox One generation device. You can currently stream from an Xbox Series X|S console to an Android or iOS device via the Xbox app. Keep an eye on news.xbox.com for any updates on further support for additional platforms like Windows 10 devices.
  5. VxAssassinxA Win User

I'm trying to connect on the Xbox App for Remote Play on my Surface but I keep getting this "We can't connect to your console right now"

I have the Xbox Series X and was playing remote play on my Surface Pro 6 , it won't load up every time I try to do remote play on my surface and I'm not near my Xbox
  6. Athmaus Win User

Issues with Remote Play on Windows 11

I apologize for the delay in responding. I didn't get a notification via email and I was out most of the weekend.

I do not use Xbox Cloud games, I am currently only an Xbox Gold member, and rest I use physical games. I can't log in remotely to try to play a game at this time either if it is via a Windows Device. I have no issue logging in and playing remotely on my iPad or iPhone.

As a test I tried several games (Xbox Gold and Physical games) and i can play them remote on my iPad.

I am both a Windows and Xbox Insider

I am the admin on all Windows Machines (Win 11 Pro, Win 10 Pro on Surface, and Win 10 on my VM which is loaded on my Mac), so there are no restrictions in place.
Thema:

1. Trying to get Xbox series x remote play to work on my Windows 10 machine - Similar Threads - Trying series remote

2. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  3. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  4. Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...: Under 'General TV & display options' - 4K TV details are all ticked green. I have used the original XBox supplied HDMI cable AND and alternate (brand new - just for this issue) high speed HDMI...
  5. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  6. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  7. Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...: Xbox dev mode activations error c52f5548-aa27-47c1-947a-7b269c339945
  8. I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...: I've tried unplugging the main power for 30 seconds, I have a solid internet connection, and plenty of storage space. Less than a month ago I had to offline update it. How do I get this new...
  9. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  10. When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls: all my software is up to date and my internet is alway stable, but yet when i remote play to my series x to play cyberpunk, the controls bugs out like crazy. my sensitivity goes to almost zero and...