Trying to get my daughter playing on Minecraft

Discus and support Trying to get my daughter playing on Minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've created a child account for her under my Microsoft Live account. She's got on to Minecraft (on her phone) but when she tries to add a server, it's... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JamesDoyle4, Feb 18, 2019.

  1. JamesDoyle4
    JamesDoyle4 Guest

    Trying to get my daughter playing on Minecraft


    I've created a child account for her under my Microsoft Live account. She's got on to Minecraft (on her phone) but when she tries to add a server, it's saying she 'cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how [her] account is set up.'
    It then says 'This can be changed in your privacy and online safety settings on Xbox .com. I've signed in on xbox.com but cannot see anything I can change to make this work. There is no menu option with that name.

    :)
     
    JamesDoyle4, Feb 18, 2019
    #1
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

    Trying to get my daughter playing on Minecraft

    I've got two whipper-snappers, myself, who love to play Minecraft, so I've been down this same road.

    Since she's trying to add a server and not a realm (let me know if I'm wrong there), the settings that you're most likely looking for in the Privacy and Online Safety Settings (since
    she's playing PE, easiest way to get to those settings is via Xbox.com following these steps
    ):

    Under Xbox One/Windows 10 Enable:

    • You can play with people outside of Xbox Live
    • Share outside of Xbox Live
    • Join Multiplayer Games

    Under Privacy Enable:

    • You can see and upload community creations
    • You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice and Text
    And that SHOULD allow her to play online.

    If she's trying to add a realm, or on an Xbox console, that will be different options, such as adding permissions for clubs and her account would need Xbox Live Gold, so let us know if the parameters change, or if you have any questions about what I've covered
    above.

    Best of luck, and hope she's having fun building soon!
  3. At the Nozzle Win User

    Trying to get my daughter playing on Minecraft

    Hey JamesDoyle4,

    Try these steps:

    From your Xbox One console Change privacy and safety settings for you or a child


    1. Sign in to your Xbox. (If you’re changing the settings for a child, sign in using an adult’s account.)
    2. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
    3. Select Settings > All Settings. For your account:
    4. Under Privacy & online safety, select Xbox Live privacy.
    5. Choose a default, or customize your settings by selecting View details & customize.

    For a child’s account:

    1. UnderAccount, select Family.
    2. Enter your password or passkey, and then select the account you want to update.
    3. Select Privacy & online safety, and then choose the default settings, or customize by selecting View details & customize.
    Best,

    Nozzle :)
  4. Cowgrlzroc Win User

    Trying to get my daughter playing on Minecraft

    Below is a link which may help. You will need to change the Privacy & Online Safety settings for your child's account.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

    Let us know if this helps.
  5. jenniferpaige-2F4102 Win User

    Looking for xbox one friends close to the age of 8

    my daughter is 6 but plays minecraft often. feel free to add us
  6. Ravenhawk40 Win User

    E105 Error Code

    Today Was Gears 5 last time it happened my daughter was playing Minecraft.
Thema:

Trying to get my daughter playing on Minecraft

Loading...
  1. Trying to get my daughter playing on Minecraft - Similar Threads - Trying daughter playing

  2. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.: I have just joined Xbox insiders today and I have went to play-test a game but I am getting a popup saying I need an update but I cannot get it at the moment, anyone know a fix? submitted by...
  5. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  6. Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?: The game technically comes out tomorrow but some have gotten the disc early. submitted by /u/bigglehicks [link] [comments]
  7. Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.

    in XboX Insiders
    Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.: There is still a bug where you cant auto redeem causing you to spend an extra 800 points every time. The auto redeem gift card won't stay activated. This needs fixing ive recently had to spend...
  8. Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.

    in XboX Insiders
    Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.: I was restarting my pc I don’t think it was a hardware issue either just wouldn’t let me login in on my JPandMe2112 account but if anyone can look into it I would be most appreciative. submitted...
  9. Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead)

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead): It certainly feels alot more stable. I know alot of it is at play with just the broadband provider alone, but before the update id start at a strong 800Mbps and drop to 400-500 for the rest of the...
  10. Trying to set up Realms for my daughter, but stuck at error message "You need an adult to...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to set up Realms for my daughter, but stuck at error message "You need an adult to...: [img] This is Bedrock on PC. She is part of my Microsoft family, but has all permissions granted, and is rated as a 15 year old for age restrictions. How do I get her past this error message?...