trying to connect xbox one x to computer through hdmi not working.

Discus and support trying to connect xbox one x to computer through hdmi not working. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to set up my Xbox One X to display on to my Alienware M17 R3, but when I plug it in to the hdmi ports on both devices nothing happens.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by mattkepp29, Nov 8, 2020.

1. mattkepp29
    mattkepp29 Guest

Hi, I'm trying to set up my Xbox One X to display on to my Alienware M17 R3, but when I plug it in to the hdmi ports on both devices nothing happens. help?

:)

mattkepp29, Nov 8, 2020
  2. RawToastMmm Win User

Xbox one X no signal

I'm very sorry to hear that your Xbox doesn't seem to be displaying... have you checked the following?

• Verify HDMI cable works with another device
    • Verify the HDMI input on your TV or Receiver works with another device
    • Verify that the HDMI cable is plugged into the HDMI IN port on the Xbox One X
    • If you have another display (like a HDMI computer monitor or another TV) try connecting it to that
    • Try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable while the Xbox One X is powered on

Check if it's just the display having issues... if if the Xbox One X isn't booting properly:

1. Turn on the Xbox One X, and connect a LAN cable to your Xbox One X and to your router
    2. Log into your router and check to see if your Xbox One X is showing up on the network
    3. If you can see it on your network than that means that there's an issue in your display chain specifically
    4. If you can't check it that way, see if the Xbox App can detect your Xbox on the network
    Do controllers wired to the Xbox One X power on and light up properly? This is another way to check and see if it's a display issue, or if the XBox One X isn't even booting properly

Hopefully one of the items listed above will help us get closer to the source of your problem 🙂
  3. JSizzle_955 Win User

What kind of sound card does xbox one X have?

yeah. cause I connected my comcast cable box to my xbox one X pass through HDMI.

I have a ps4 but I'll just connect the ps4 to my xbox one X so I can get a 4k picture on my PS4 slim and the Sound bar is connected to the xbox one x.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox Series X connection to older AVR’s

well the xbox series x has one HDMI port, so you would need to either upgrade your audio kit, connect tv via optical if supported or by a hdmi to hdmi/optical splitter which would then not pass through any hdmi 2.1 features.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

My tv supports HDR10, it works on my ps4pro, but the option is greyed out on my xbox one x....

Hi,

Not all TV's support HDR on all HDMI connections.

On my Sony Bravia 4K TV, only two out of the four support HDR even though they all support 4K resolution.
    ^

This could very well be the issue,

I have a Samsung 4K HDR TV, with 4 HDMI 2.0 ports, but only one of my port's supports HDR, ( HDMI 1 ),

If i want to use to my PS4pro with HDR, i have it in HDMI 1, but then if i want to use my Xbox One X with HDR, i have to swap my HDMI cable's around, so that my Xbox One X is now in HDMI 1,

Best check the TV's manual to find out which HDMI port uses HDR,

Or try connect the Xbox One X into the HDMI port where you're PS4pro is, and see if HDR then works.
  6. schnurren Win User

: Blanking Samsung QE55Q60 screen

Hello Stuart,

Can you connect your Xbox One X to another HDMI port? Also try with another HDMI cord?

Altough the best test you can do to check if the issue lies on the console or on the TV, would be connecting the Xbox One X to another TV monitor.

Please tell us the results of these test please!
Thema:

1. trying to connect xbox one x to computer through hdmi not working. - Similar Threads - trying connect computer

2. “Can’t connect” try your network connection and password and try again”

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t connect” try your network connection and password and try again”: So it’s been about 3 days and whenever I’ve tried to connect to my WiFi it says can’t connect check you network connection and password and try again. I’ve power cycled both my Xbox and router...
  3. Ive tried everything to connect to my WiFi but nothing works.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ive tried everything to connect to my WiFi but nothing works.: So I’ve been not able to connect to my wifi for about a day now. It was completely fine like 2 days ago and now it’s just decided to give up. This happens every once in awhile but usually I just...
  4. I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...: I can connect the controller via a USB cable, and it will kind of connect, where steam can register that a controller is connected, but I can't actually do anything in any of the games with the...
  5. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  6. I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable: My Xboxone does not connect to my hotspot f65ed451-7c39-4bc0-8ab7-256624fc8e71
  7. Cant connect. Check your network name and passwords and try again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect. Check your network name and passwords and try again.: So recently (as in the past 6 months) I’ve been having this issue with my gfs xbox x where after turning it on occasionally it won’t connect to the internet. It’ll pop up with a message saying...
  8. My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...: my xbox is basically missing a key a feature. 50b9ab2e-b479-4799-b40c-3dffc6bebe5f
  9. My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...: My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV. I tried switching, cable, switching ports, switching tvs it's like it's not putting out a video signal is there anything I can do?...
  10. trying to connect xbox1 game controller to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to connect xbox1 game controller to PC: i need help connecting xbox 1 game controller to pc c5be3dd5-7cca-4cf8-946e-d1757e063dfa