Trying to auto upgrade not update

Discus and support Trying to auto upgrade not update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We have old gen games, on the new gen console it showed updates for alot of games and I started the updates until I realized it made zero sense for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SmithStreet3, May 3, 2023.

  1. SmithStreet3
    SmithStreet3 Guest

    Trying to auto upgrade not update


    We have old gen games, on the new gen console it showed updates for alot of games and I started the updates until I realized it made zero sense for there to be so many updates when it does auto updates and that's when I noticed it said upgrading not update, is there a way to keep this from happening again?, or will it only try this once?, and if it will continually try to get me to upgrade these games how can I tell the difference between a upgrade and a update? I didnt think it was supposed to try and upgrade on a hard drive that cant support the new gen game! Don't have $300 for the required hard-drive for new gen! And would prefer to not be forced into upgrading all the old gen games to new gen counterparts when I have limited space on the newly boughten Xbox,

    Thank in advance

    :)
     
    SmithStreet3, May 3, 2023
    #1
  2. andersonpassos Win User

    Trying to auto upgrade not update

    Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

    Good evening

    Upgrades in general were free, only a few were sold as different versions and it is believed that if there was a purchase of a new generation console it was to use the upgrades, that's why Microsoft suggests this way, updates are to update, upgrade to a new one experience, unfortunately there is no way not to notify this type of information.
  3. KingOfTheRen Win User

    The latest Xbox update.... Again

    Haven't had any issues with updates, I have all my consoles set to auto update even when powered off so I'm wondering if between that and a manual upgrade theirs an issue.
  4. DeBLAIN 02 Win User
  5. DevikM Win User

    xbox one keeps doing 3 stage update everytime I turn it on

    Maybe try to turn off auto-updates
  6. marcosavage314 Win User

    XBOX One system updates now kick you out of an ongoing game?

    Try going to settings and go to updates and where it says auto update uncheck it try that and let me know
Thema:

Trying to auto upgrade not update

Loading...
  1. Trying to auto upgrade not update - Similar Threads - Trying auto upgrade

  2. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.: I have just joined Xbox insiders today and I have went to play-test a game but I am getting a popup saying I need an update but I cannot get it at the moment, anyone know a fix? submitted by...
  5. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  6. Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?: The game technically comes out tomorrow but some have gotten the disc early. submitted by /u/bigglehicks [link] [comments]
  7. Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.

    in XboX Insiders
    Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.: There is still a bug where you cant auto redeem causing you to spend an extra 800 points every time. The auto redeem gift card won't stay activated. This needs fixing ive recently had to spend...
  8. Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.

    in XboX Insiders
    Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.: I was restarting my pc I don’t think it was a hardware issue either just wouldn’t let me login in on my JPandMe2112 account but if anyone can look into it I would be most appreciative. submitted...
  9. Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead)

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead): It certainly feels alot more stable. I know alot of it is at play with just the broadband provider alone, but before the update id start at a strong 800Mbps and drop to 400-500 for the rest of the...
  10. Minecraft trying to auto sign into a locked account

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft trying to auto sign into a locked account: [img] Every time I open my Minecraft launcher it tries to auto sign in to a locked account showing what's in the image when I try to log in. When I hit next it doesn't do anything and just brings...