Trying to allow my child to be able to add friends on XBOX ONE. Found the page in settings, ...

Discus and support Trying to allow my child to be able to add friends on XBOX ONE. Found the page in settings, ... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Tried this on the mobile site and on a regular computer. Other tabs let me save options, but this middle tab is reverting anything I set. No error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Naptown MVP, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Naptown MVP
    Naptown MVP Guest

Trying to allow my child to be able to add friends on XBOX ONE. Found the page in settings, ...

Tried this on the mobile site and on a regular computer. Other tabs let me save options, but this middle tab is reverting anything I set. No error message is given.

:)

Naptown MVP, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Privacy settings will not save when changed

With my account I want to be able to broadcast, so I go to my Xbox privacy settings, click on "allow" and then clicked "submit". When the page refreshes after hitting submit, it's still set to "block" and will not change. My account is not a child account
    and I'm an adult. I can't change my privacy settings not matter why try.

Microsoft whyyy!!!

Douglas Greep, Jul 10, 2018
  3. mozcheez
    mozcheez Guest
    help allowing child to make purchases - settings not saving

I have an adult account and associated child account. My child received a $20 Xbox gift card for Christmas, which he has successfully added to his profile. However, he can not purchase downloadable games through the Xbox, receiving a message about not being
    able to purchase premium content.

No problem, I'll update his privacy settings, right? So, through xbox.com, I login to my account (parent) and navigate through Security, Family & Forums -> Online safety on Xbox 360 -> *select child account* -> Purchasing ->

This is currently set to "Blocked". I change it to "Allow" and hit save. Great! Except I go back to the same location to review the settings, and it has automatically reverted back to "Blocked" again. The setting won't seem to save.

For what it's worth, I tried changing an "Allow" setting to "Blocked", and that too won't save. Everything reverts back to default when I save.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. He just wants to download a game!

mozcheez, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Vadim5374 Win User

How do I change my child's Xbox one privacy settings?

I am on a windows computer and I still have no idea how to change my child's Xbox one privacy settings.

How do I allow his account to add friends?
  5. CliveMiller1 Win User

Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft

Rather annoyingly, this thread (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...iends-on/99d48ff8-c222-49af-a7fb-a2501ca7315f)
    asks this question, thousands of people have the same problem, I've found the answer but the thread is closed so I cannot post the answer there! Thanks, Micro$oft!

This page has the answer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

Basically, you have to sign in to account.xbox.com with the adult account, then go to Profile > Privacy Settings, then click the game name of your child, There are then lots of options.

Select the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab

At the bottom, change Add Friends to Allow and click Submit.

At this point, Minecraft still will not allow you to add friends. You have to actually sign out of Microsoft and sign back in again. It's no good just closing Minecraft and opening again!

In Minecraft, go back to the main screen, then click Profile.

Click the Cog wheel, to go to User Profile and Settings.

Click Sign out of your Microsoft Account.

Click Sign Out.

Then click Sign in for Free!

Click Save to Microsoft Account (if you want, probably better than Leave on Device)

It should then take you to the Microsoft sign-in screen. If it doesn't, try leaving Minecraft and starting it again.

Sign in, then click Let's Play!

Hopefully, you'll now be able to add friends.
  6. TaranCaffarella1 Win User

Can't change privacy settings

I know for sure it isn't a child/minor account since I can add friends on xbox which a child account wouldn't be able to do unless the parent had changed the settings to allow that, not to mention I made this account pretty recently, and I am over 13 and set the date of birth to reflect that.
  7. Mister Cazador Win User

Can someone help me i cant play Sea of Thieves because of the online safety.

OK now i found out that when I try to add a Friend on XBOX it doesn't work too because of the same error :(
    On your Xbox One console, you'll want to ensure Settings>Account>Privacy & online safety>View details & customize>Friends & clubs>You can add friends is set to "Allow".

As we mentioned earlier, you'll need to reach out to
    Chat or Phone support
    if you feel you're on a Child account by error.
  8. ipockat Win User

Allow child to play Mine Craft with approved friends.

Hello FireMedicLee,

I found this but have not tried it yet. I would give this a shot.

Changing Safety and Privacy settings:
    On your console, go to the Settings page and select Privacy.
    Choose "Change Settings".
    Choose a preset privacy group or choose "Customize".
    Online Friends – Other people on Xbox Live may want to add your child to their personal friends list. To manage approval of your child’s online friends,
    you can require these requests to be approved by you.
    *Choose "Approval not required" to allow your child to send and accept new friend requests.
    *Choose "Require Approval" to require that friend requests be approved by you. If you choose this option, you must also approve any new friend request that your child wants to send to other gamers.
    It will ask you to enter a password when a friend request is sent or approved.
    Communications – Manage who your child can communicate with on Xbox Live. Communication on Xbox Live includes chat, messages, and game invitations using
    voice, video, or text.
    Choose your level of security:
    Select "Everyone" to allow your child to communicate with anyone on Xbox Live.
    Select "Friends Only" to allow your child to communicate only with people on his or her friends list.
    Select "Blocked" to block everyone from communicating with your child. Your child will still receive new friend requests.
    To exit press the B on your controller, and then choose Save and Exit.
Thema:

1. Trying to allow my child to be able to add friends on XBOX ONE. Found the page in settings, ... - Similar Threads - Trying allow child

2. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  3. I tried to checkout with my cart wouldn't allow me kept coming up with an error I tried...

in XBoX on Windows
    I tried to checkout with my cart wouldn't allow me kept coming up with an error I tried...: I tried to checkout with my cart wouldn't allow me kept coming up with an error I tried several times none worked I even tried on the website but didn't work I had to buy each one individually but...
  4. Xbox Live not allow me to log in, says "We cant sign you in. Try again in a few minutes"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live not allow me to log in, says "We cant sign you in. Try again in a few minutes": Is Xbox Live down or how do I fix this? 5278e705-8f79-471a-94f2-7e0fd1674327
  5. Why does an error pop up whenever I try to allow cross network play

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does an error pop up whenever I try to allow cross network play: yesterday I changed my cross network play to block so I could play on Xbox servers but when I woke up today and tried to change it back to allow a message popped up saying there’s temporary...
  6. Everytime I try to change my crossplay from Blaikes to allow its saying try again there is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Everytime I try to change my crossplay from Blaikes to allow its saying try again there is...: Everytime I try to change my crossplay from Blaikes to allow its saying try again there is a temporary issue and when I try again I keep getting the same thing 74cb5379-aa93-469e-9ef1-8b4d81dd6596
  7. I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in: Hi, How do I update my Gamertag when I'm trying to sign in on Xbox 360 games I downloaded? I've changed my gamertag and now when I try to play I've noticed that Xbox 360 games are still trying to...
  8. I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not allowed. There's no profanity...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not allowed. There's no profanity...: I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not not allowed. What's wrong with the name bdede4e4-de7e-4c20-ac67-474429fafbcf
  9. I trying to change payment account for Xbox PC app account but it wont allow me to add...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I trying to change payment account for Xbox PC app account but it wont allow me to add...: It prompt for business account or school account only. Why? [img] deb90c40-4018-4b12-9795-8636a96ee459
  10. I purchased Modern warfare and when I try to play it only allows me to go to warzone,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Modern warfare and when I try to play it only allows me to go to warzone,...: can't seem to play modern warfare, it only let's me go to warzone 24244a29-1a81-4c0b-b47d-f34f6a217e95