Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft

Discus and support Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My child wants to add friends in minecraft but is getting an error that says he cannot because of the way his account is set up. I've tried removing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SageAnt97320971, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft

My child wants to add friends in minecraft but is getting an error that says he cannot because of the way his account is set up. I've tried removing all restrictions but nothing has worked.

:)

SageAnt97320971, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Manage my childs account

Trying to manage childs privacy settings, have added them to my Microsoft family. Logged into Xbox.com as me (adult account) but the childs gamertag profile won't come up in order for me to be able to change it so he can add friends in Minecraft PE.

AboardBison228, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Tycraft1
    Tycraft1 Guest
    Child added as family, cannot add friends

I have created Microsoft accounts for both myself and my child. We are using iPads and have added the minecraft Microsoft app. When I try to add friends on her profile it won’t allow me. It says I have to change the permission. I have changed the permissions
    in both Microsoft and Xbox now, signed out and back in and it still won’t allow us to add each other.

Tycraft1, Jul 19, 2018
  4. VALENTINO 02
    VALENTINO 02 Guest

I suggest double checking the restrictions and after that doing a hard reboot by holding the xbox power button for 10 seconds.

VALENTINO 02, Jul 22, 2018
  5. Geth
    Geth Guest
    Parental settings with in general settings should help with this.

This page may help you as well.

Xbox One : Family

Geth, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Geth Win User

7. CliveMiller1 Win User

Rather annoyingly, this thread (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...iends-on/99d48ff8-c222-49af-a7fb-a2501ca7315f)
    asks this question, thousands of people have the same problem, I've found the answer but the thread is closed so I cannot post the answer there! Thanks, Micro$oft!

This page has the answer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

Basically, you have to sign in to account.xbox.com with the adult account, then go to Profile > Privacy Settings, then click the game name of your child, There are then lots of options.

Select the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab

At the bottom, change Add Friends to Allow and click Submit.

At this point, Minecraft still will not allow you to add friends. You have to actually sign out of Microsoft and sign back in again. It's no good just closing Minecraft and opening again!

In Minecraft, go back to the main screen, then click Profile.

Click the Cog wheel, to go to User Profile and Settings.

Click Sign out of your Microsoft Account.

Click Sign Out.

Then click Sign in for Free!

Click Save to Microsoft Account (if you want, probably better than Leave on Device)

It should then take you to the Microsoft sign-in screen. If it doesn't, try leaving Minecraft and starting it again.

Sign in, then click Let's Play!

Hopefully, you'll now be able to add friends.
  8. VALENTINO 02 Win User

I suggest double checking the restrictions and after that doing a hard reboot by holding the xbox power button for 10 seconds.
  9. jaghuar Win User

How can I change my child's (MS Family) permissions to allow them to add friends in Minecraft (Win10 PC version - Not Java)?

I have activated all these settings and my child’s profile still cannot add friends on minecraft. I can join his world but he cannot join my world. He shows 1 friend on the friends tab but it doesn’t show any joinable friends or my world inside the friends
    tab. I have even changed all settings to allow everything (defeats the purpose) and I still cannot add friends on his account. Please help!!!!!!
  10. Mr daffypyle Win User

Allowing Child Account to Add Friends

Hi,

Adults in the family can manage settings online and these changes will be applied to any Windows 10 device the child signs in.

You can refer to the article Set up your family to
    know more of what you could manage.

In the article Add members to your Microsoft family,
    there is a note that if the person that you're adding is already part of another family, they'll first need to be removed from that family.

Hope you find the answer to your queries in these articles.
Thema:

1. Trying to allow my child to add friends on minecraft - Similar Threads - Trying allow child

2. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  3. I tried to checkout with my cart wouldn't allow me kept coming up with an error I tried...

in XBoX on Windows
    I tried to checkout with my cart wouldn't allow me kept coming up with an error I tried...: I tried to checkout with my cart wouldn't allow me kept coming up with an error I tried several times none worked I even tried on the website but didn't work I had to buy each one individually but...
  4. Xbox Live not allow me to log in, says "We cant sign you in. Try again in a few minutes"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live not allow me to log in, says "We cant sign you in. Try again in a few minutes": Is Xbox Live down or how do I fix this? 5278e705-8f79-471a-94f2-7e0fd1674327
  5. Why does an error pop up whenever I try to allow cross network play

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does an error pop up whenever I try to allow cross network play: yesterday I changed my cross network play to block so I could play on Xbox servers but when I woke up today and tried to change it back to allow a message popped up saying there’s temporary...
  6. Everytime I try to change my crossplay from Blaikes to allow its saying try again there is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Everytime I try to change my crossplay from Blaikes to allow its saying try again there is...: Everytime I try to change my crossplay from Blaikes to allow its saying try again there is a temporary issue and when I try again I keep getting the same thing 74cb5379-aa93-469e-9ef1-8b4d81dd6596
  7. I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in: Hi, How do I update my Gamertag when I'm trying to sign in on Xbox 360 games I downloaded? I've changed my gamertag and now when I try to play I've noticed that Xbox 360 games are still trying to...
  8. I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not allowed. There's no profanity...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not allowed. There's no profanity...: I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not not allowed. What's wrong with the name bdede4e4-de7e-4c20-ac67-474429fafbcf
  9. I trying to change payment account for Xbox PC app account but it wont allow me to add...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I trying to change payment account for Xbox PC app account but it wont allow me to add...: It prompt for business account or school account only. Why? [img] deb90c40-4018-4b12-9795-8636a96ee459
  10. I purchased Modern warfare and when I try to play it only allows me to go to warzone,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Modern warfare and when I try to play it only allows me to go to warzone,...: can't seem to play modern warfare, it only let's me go to warzone 24244a29-1a81-4c0b-b47d-f34f6a217e95