Trying to add money to my child's account

Discus and support Trying to add money to my child's account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am using the Microsoft Family Safety website in my account. I do not have an xbox and I am not using an xbox. However I keep getting routed to xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Warren_058, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Warren_058
    Warren_058 Guest

I am using the Microsoft Family Safety website in my account. I do not have an xbox and I am not using an xbox. However I keep getting routed to xbox support.

Using this link below

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-d2a4d821-4d8b-fe19-49f1-c21d51f18aa7

I was able to add $10 to my first child's account. However after trying to add money to my second child's account I get this extremely cryptic message.

I tried to call Microsoft support but got re-routed to 3 different departments and then finally just got hung up on.

What needs to happen to make this work? Also why are these error messages so cryptic? How are people supposed to know what to do.

Contact us at Microsoft support

We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out.

Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out.

De8uH5sIs0SAubTw.35.23.7.11

2021/06/05 - 22:50:17 UTC

At the end of the day I want to give you money and you are making it so hard, no wonder everyone is getting macs.

:)

Warren_058, Jun 6, 2021
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

3. XBF Javier R Win User

Cannot add money to my account

Hello Malissa,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning the inability to add money onto your son's account.

Are there any errors that are appearing when attempting to add the money?

We recommend following our guide through our add money to your child's Microsoft account support
    article.

Try this and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing

Hi Troy,

Welcome to the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to try and help here.

So if I understand correctly, you are trying to add 10$ to your child's Microsoft Account to purchase Minecoins, is that correct? When exactly does that error occur?

I want to clarify that Minecoins are purchased in-game through the Minecraft Marketplace and are not purchasable through the Microsoft Store. You can only redeem codes for Minecoins in the Microsoft Store. What device does your child use to play Minecraft?
    I'm not entirely sure what payment options they give you in-game when trying to purchase Minecoins but if you log in to a Microsoft Account when playing Minecraft, the purchases you make in-game are saved to the account.

I suggest following the steps on the following page for an alternative to add money to your child's account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/4027024/microsoft-account-add-money-to-your-childs-account

I hope this helps!
  5. XBF Leslie D Win User

PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing kQpfZpQ5RUSLKMkg.4.13.22.11 2018/09/24 - 15:28:47 UTC

Hi Jeremy,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening when trying to add money to your child's account. By any chance have you attempted to update the billing info in her Microsoft account? If not, give it a try.

Here's how:

1. Go to
      account.microsoft.com
      and sign in to the Microsoft account you want to update.
    2. Select Edit profile, and then make the changes needed to update the billing information.
    Also, we have an article on how to
    Add money to your child's Microsoft account
    just in case you'd like to go over it. It also have more information in regards to Microsoft child accounts.

Let us know how it goes.
  6. MarkCox9 Win User

PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing

I want to clarify that Minecoins are purchased in-game through the Minecraft Marketplace and are not purchasable through the Microsoft Store. You can only redeem codes for Minecoins in the Microsoft Store.

I suggest following the steps on the following page for an alternative to add money to your child's account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/4027024/microsoft-account-add-money-to-your-childs-account
    No, the Minecraft Store redirects the user to the Microsoft Store.

The parent gets the email request for permission from the Microsoft Store not the Minecraft Store.

Following the above steps I get this also error PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing regardless of whether I try and add money via a desktop browser or mobile phone browser.

This is for Minecraft on the PC & there is no avoiding the Microsoft Store which cannot cope with online payments.
Thema:

1. Trying to add money to my child's account - Similar Threads - Trying add money

2. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  3. I'm trying to add a new console??

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to add a new console??: It's asking me for a code on the TV and I don't see one or know how to get one? submitted by /u/Agreeable_Fig6012 [link] [comments]
  4. Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account: Try to add my old profile to new Xbox but it tip coming up with create a account 64e5a294-990c-4528-ba4e-de44ff882756
  5. My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...: My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and can't figure out how to log into the right account 00b922d1-ba05-42c2-9673-39b0313d0494
  6. trying to add new gmail/alias to my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    trying to add new gmail/alias to my Microsoft account: Hello, I’m trying to add a gmail/alias to my Microsoft account but every time I try it always says, “There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this...
  7. Get an error msg when trying to add money

in XBoX Accessibility
    Get an error msg when trying to add money: Received the attached msg. It’s been for several days now. Each time I try to add money. Thnx 85b7c31c-1b4c-4b0d-9612-72f7f8171c91
  8. Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account: This is the error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: 3XA/FPqDTES6BD/2.9.351 It has been...
  9. I get the Error Code "Contact us at Microsoft Support" when trying to add money to spending...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get the Error Code "Contact us at Microsoft Support" when trying to add money to spending...: I log into my Family Safety for Microsoft and try to add money to my son's Spending account so he can make purchases on the Xbox. It has worked in the past but now it won't let me. I renewed my...
  10. I am getting an error trying to add money to my son's account in Family Safety.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am getting an error trying to add money to my son's account in Family Safety.: I get the following error when I am trying to add funds to my son's account in Family Safety. I went through the get more info link and verified that my credit card is up to date, I do not have...