“Try again in a bit. Something went wrong.” on the Xbox app

Discus and support “Try again in a bit. Something went wrong.” on the Xbox app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please, before you start suggesting your “fixes”, please read my entire post. I have tried numerous “fixes” and absolutely nothing has worked and I’m... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DestroyerDeki, Jan 12, 2023.

1. “Try again in a bit. Something went wrong.” on the Xbox app

Please, before you start suggesting your “fixes”, please read my entire post. I have tried numerous “fixes” and absolutely nothing has worked and I’m about to give up.

I cannot connect my console to the Xbox app. It refuses and every attempt has been met with the same damn error. “Try again in a bit. Something went wrong.”

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app on two devices (android and iPad)

Power cycling my console

Checking the remote features options

Restarting my internet

Turning off my Bluetooth on both devices

Checking my NAT type

Updating my console

Updating the app

Updating android and iPad devices

Restarting android and ipad

Absolutely nothing has worked, and I am beyond frustrated since this is my primary way of sharing screenshots and clips as well as entering admin commands on my ark server.

I don’t know what else to do and hours of google searching has been useless. I’m about to uninstall it and give up.

:)

DestroyerDeki, Jan 12, 2023
  2. Jake Windish Win User

Following this thread for answers. I have also run into this issue with one of my Xbox Series Xs. I have two and used to have both connected to the app. One day, I noticed my original XSX with a wired connection wasn’t listed on my app, and no matter what I try I’m unable to get it back on.

I’ve removed my account from the console. Restarted my router and modem. The only thing I haven’t done is a clean wipe of the XSX and starting from scratch. May try that soon here.

I removed my second XSX from the app and was able to successfully add it back onto the app. So I’m not sure if this means it’s something on the console-end, but I felt that was interesting and more justification for me to wipe the console and start from scratch.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Something went wrong. Try again in a bit.

Hello there @ChristinaBrunk, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. Gage Darlington Win User

why does my game disc keep saying installation stopped? i tried both troubleshooting options those didn’t work

i have the xbox app on my phone but the app will not let me add my console to it. every time i try it says try again in a bit something went wrong.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Xbox App: Add a Console - Error: Try again in a bit. Something went wrong

Hello whytry2002,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having issues adding your console using the Xbox App, let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

Please visit the link below and perform the troubleshooting provided.

If your mobile device won’t connect to your console during setup | Xbox Support

Solution 1: Check Xbox Status Page

Check the Xbox status page. If you see any services with alerts, expand the service, scroll down to Notifications, and sign in to receive a message when the service is up and running again.

Xbox status page

Solution 2: Restart the appOn an Android device, close the app from the recent applications menu, then restart it.

On an iOS device, double-tap the Home button and swipe up to close the app, then restart it.

Once the app restarts, try the setup process again.

Solution 3: Restart your mobile device and consoleRestart your mobile device. While your mobile device is restarting, hold down the Xbox button  on the front of the console for 10 seconds. Once the console powers down, press the Xbox button  on the console to turn it back on. Then, try the setup process again.

Solution 4: Check the network connection on your mobile deviceMake sure your mobile device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. If it’s not able to connect to a Wi-Fi network, make sure you’ve enabled the mobile data option on your device.

• On an Android device, go to Settings > Apps, select the app, then toggle the Allow mobile data option to the On position to allow the app to use mobile data for setup.
    • On an iOS device, go to Settings, select the app, then toggle the Allow mobile data option to the On position to allow the app to use mobile data for setup.
    Note Players are responsible for costs associated with their own data, and for monitoring all data usage for their own gameplay in conjunction with their monthly carrier limits. Most devices monitor app data usage, and you can see the current usage by inspecting the usage of the Xbox app in your phone settings.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. CarTzy Win User

"Something went wrong, try again in a bit" on xbox app when downloading a clip.

Hello Cole Berry,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the error message "Something went wrong, try again in a bit" on the Xbox app when downloading a clip.

To help you resolve this issue, I need some more information from you. Please answer the following questions:

- What is the model and operating system of your phone?

- What is the name and size of the game clip you are trying to download?

- How much storage space do you have available on your phone?

- Are you connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network when you try to download the clip?

- Do you get the same error message every time you try to download the clip, or does it vary?

In the meantime, please try the following steps to troubleshoot the problem:

- Make sure your phone and Xbox app are updated to the latest version.

- Check your network connection and speed on both your phone and Xbox console.

- Clear the cache and data of the Xbox app on your phone.

- Restart your phone and Xbox console.

- Try downloading the clip again or use a different clip.

Please see: Share game clips and screenshots | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
Thema:

1. “Try again in a bit. Something went wrong.” on the Xbox app - Similar Threads - “Try again bit

2. Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit."

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit.": I've reset, terminated and repaired the gamebar many times. I've done the remove and reinstall through powershell. This started happening a couple of days ago and clicking refresh 4 or 5 times...
  3. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  4. Try Again In A Bit. Something went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try Again In A Bit. Something went wrong: WHY WONT IT LET ME sign in my console to my Xbox app just trying to connect it to my console. 8998ecf8-199c-4f8b-924b-78934ba11c16
  5. When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...: How could I fix this? Is this happening to anyone else? e8b85cdc-dd13-4c2f-946c-220b4ee3eedf
  6. Trying to connect app and Xbox and they keep saying try again in a bit. Something went wronf

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to connect app and Xbox and they keep saying try again in a bit. Something went wronf: Every time I try to connect app and Xbox when I sign in on my Xbox series x it says something went wrong. Try again in a bit e59892cc-8eb3-4c1d-93c8-18d520d8e99e
  7. Trying to claim microsoft points on my xbox app is met with "Try again in a bit. Something...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to claim microsoft points on my xbox app is met with "Try again in a bit. Something...: Title pretty much says it all. Quest is locked as complete, but reward can't be claimed. Can't earn more points since the quest remains locked. Applies to both my mobile app as well as my app for...
  8. "Something went wrong, try again in a bit" on xbox app when downloading a clip.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Something went wrong, try again in a bit" on xbox app when downloading a clip.: When I go to download a game clip off of Xbox app onto my phone, it comes up with something went wrong try again in a bit. I have already tried: Un-installing and re-installing the Xbox app and...
  9. Xbox keeps showing "Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps showing "Try again in a bit": Both my xbox app on Windows 11 device and iPad keep showing the message of "Try again in a bit. Something went wrong."when I click "next" in the Lets Get Started screen and connect to an existing...
  10. Xbox App: Add a Console - Error: Try again in a bit. Something went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App: Add a Console - Error: Try again in a bit. Something went wrong: When I try to re-add my Xbox X to the Xbox App on multiple iPhones, I get an error "Try again in a bit. Something went wrong". This happens no matter how many times I restart, the console is...