True factory reset

Discus and support True factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to do a true factory reset to clear up a display issue I have on this thread:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BespokeWheel25, Jan 1, 2016.

1. True factory reset

I am trying to do a true factory reset to clear up a display issue I have on this thread: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/7/t/2099128.aspx

However whenever I do a "factory restore" all it has me do is format the HD. This does almost nothing as when I turn my xbox back on it still remembers things like my wifi password, has all the current desktop updates and I dont even have to go through the
    initial setup.

Is there a real factory restore?

:)

BespokeWheel25, Jan 1, 2016
  2. John Tierney
    John Tierney Guest
    could my son be on probation

yes true factory reset router will fix this issue happened to me now fine after factory reset or just power down router for 30 secs this has same effect as facory reset

John Tierney, Jan 1, 2016
  3. KEEPERZ
    KEEPERZ Guest
    e203 after update

I could try the factory reset but I hear you lose all game saves is this true

KEEPERZ, Jan 1, 2016
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

True factory reset

No. Delete your WiFi password by going into Network Settings and setting it to forget. Make sure you format all of your connected storage devices.

Irixion, Jan 2, 2016
  5. Well the wifi is not th eissue that was just an example. Thi e issue is that there is some display setting somewhere that is blocking some of my tvs from working with my xbox. Here is the original thread

forums.xbox.com/.../2099128.aspx

BespokeWheel25, Oct 31, 2018
  6. BespokeWheel25 Win User

True factory reset

Well the wifi is not th eissue that was just an example. Thi e issue is that there is some display setting somewhere that is blocking some of my tvs from working with my xbox. Here is the original thread

forums.xbox.com/.../2099128.aspx
  7. Irixion Win User

True factory reset

No. Delete your WiFi password by going into Network Settings and setting it to forget. Make sure you format all of your connected storage devices.
  8. John Tierney Win User

could my son be on probation

yes true factory reset router will fix this issue happened to me now fine after factory reset or just power down router for 30 secs this has same effect as facory reset
  9. bowski477 Win User

Factory reset

Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. Your console syncs with Xbox Live automatically when it’s connected with the
    service, so if you've been offline for a while, you'll need to connect to Xbox Live before taking these steps

Source
  10. Lestat Phoenix Win User

Factory Reset?

System, system settings, factory reset
Thema:

True factory reset

1. True factory reset - Similar Threads - True factory reset

2. Are the following rules for xbox captures and activity feed posts true?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Are the following rules for xbox captures and activity feed posts true?: On my Xbox One X console about 3 days ago, all of my captures and activity feed posts of them were deleted. Even captures and posts from years ago. To lose my activity feed posts that had likes...
  3. Is it true? Xbox S + keyboard and mouse = no good headset option?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it true? Xbox S + keyboard and mouse = no good headset option?: I’m a frustrated parent. The quest to find a headset to blinking work in my son’s Xbox!! It should be pretty simple right? Wrong. If your son wants to use the keyboard and mouse that he’s...
  4. True ihave the same issue wish they would fix it play button is grayed out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    True ihave the same issue wish they would fix it play button is grayed out: Play button is grayed out how do I fix it on the game pass 704ad2f7-7dd0-4e44-a406-2042019bbf0d
  5. Is it true that xbox accounts are getting banned by hackers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it true that xbox accounts are getting banned by hackers?: I heard that hackers are banning our xbox account and do whatever.so is it true? If it is how can I protect my acc? 2fe77aa0-9e3e-4282-8d7c-f390b20a234d
  6. Is this true I want to know if it is

in XboX Insiders
    Is this true I want to know if it is: Can you actually get the new Xbox dashboard when your Omega or Delta? I saw some people on Twitter saying that there friends that were enrolled in Omega got the new dashboard but I heard that it...
  7. Bring back true crime new york city on xbox store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bring back true crime new york city on xbox store: Bring back true crime new york city on xbox store 96eaad77-1696-4f1c-a989-5d38f32f279c
  8. Are the rumors about an Xbox port of Mist Survival true?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are the rumors about an Xbox port of Mist Survival true?: I know it's been a minute (five years actually) but I've heard recent rumors and I'd DEARLY love for this to happen! 892f580d-44de-4978-88ab-81eaf06f9da1
  9. is it true that we cannot use the same game file on pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is it true that we cannot use the same game file on pc game pass: for example below 2 platfrom that can use the same game folder and file steam GTA5 and epic GTA5 steam ApexLegends and origin ApexLegends 67a84545-fdfc-4cf6-a6fb-553af2096c10
  10. Is is true achievements safe to sign my Microsoft account in to

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is is true achievements safe to sign my Microsoft account in to: I don’t know if I should be worried that I signed my account into true achievements or not 1de17051-8e21-4821-b6c2-1cde15620910