Trouble with XBox captures - can’t delete, unreliable iPad app and OneDrive spotty success

Discus and support Trouble with XBox captures - can’t delete, unreliable iPad app and OneDrive spotty success in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Several issues with XBox screeshot and video captures. A basic XBox 1 console. Cannot detete anything. Tried from the XBox and the iPad app. They... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Uberjuju, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Uberjuju
    Uberjuju Guest

Trouble with XBox captures - can’t delete, unreliable iPad app and OneDrive spotty success

Several issues with XBox screeshot and video captures. A basic XBox 1 console.

1. Cannot detete anything. Tried from the XBox and the iPad app. They appear to go away, but then reappear later.
    2. New captures sometimes do not appear on the iPad app. There’s one particular screenshot from Borderlands which appears to be the dividing line. Sometimes the capture list stops there, other times it shows everything up to the most recent. Appears to be
      random.
    3. Uploading to OneDrive from XBox often errors out with no more than “oops there was an error” message. Works great when it works- screenshots and captures show up in a folder on my MacBook. Very nice. It’s just failing a lot when trying to upload on the
      Xbox side.
    Not sure it’s related, but these issues seemed to start after the last big update to the XBox app.

Anyone run into this and did you find a solution? I tried deleting all captures in case there was a problem file, but no happy. Was on the support site and just wound up going in circles. It’s not important enough to bother with phone support, so I tried
    here first.

:)

Uberjuju, Dec 24, 2020
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

How do I back up Xbox captures to a different OneDrive account?

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

To back up your Xbox captures to a different OneDrive account, you can use the “Upload to OneDrive” function. Here are the steps to follow:
    1. Launch the “Captures” app on your Xbox console.
    2. Select the captures that you want to back up to OneDrive.
    3. Choose the “Upload to OneDrive” option from the available actions.
    4. Sign in to the OneDrive account where you want to store your captures.
    5. Wait for the upload process to complete.

Please note that you can’t upload captures that are recorded to an external drive directly to OneDrive from your console. However, you can copy them to your desired external drive and then upload them to OneDrive from your PC.

I hope this helps.
  3. Nine7One1 Win User

Xbox One X Captures not playing on Mac OSX

I have tried every upload process. From the quick menu, the All Captures menu, and from the OneDrive button while watching the Capture.

When I attempt to bulk upload to OneDrive and it asks me if I want to upload 4K, 1080p or Both - I have chosen all options individually and together to no success.

The only workaround that seems to be successful right now is uploading the capture to Xbox Live and then using the Xbox app on iOS, AirDrop the video to my Mac. In doing so, I obviously lose my 4K resolution so it is not ideal.
  4. Voltren Xytech Win User

why is it near impossible to get my Xbox console captures over to my Windows 11 PC?

i have my Onedrive all set up and i had to completely wipe it to get it to function again, but is very unreliable, it has a 1 in 6 chance of actually succeeding in uploading to one drive, once it gets to my Onedrive its all golden from there, but its that connection from any device to the one drive thats an issue

frankly an app specifically just for captures would be best, like strip out all the features from the now defunct Xbox companion app and just jerry rig the captures share system and rebrand it as something like "Xbox Capture Nexus" or something like that, frankly i really dont care, i just want a reliable way to transfer captures between my series X and Windows 11 PC
  5. ムジョナたい Win User

OneDrive “Not Currently Available” on Xbox One

This is clearly a lie, because I’m in an XboxLIVE party with my friend who is deliberately on the app. What’s more insulting, is that even though I can’t access the app, I’m still able to send my captures to OneDrive? This is unacceptable.
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Downloading Xbox screenshots to pc

You can use OneDrive. You get 5GB of storage for free.

In the capture settings on the console, you can set it so that captures are automatically uploaded to OneDrive if you like. You can also manually upload multiple captures to OneDrive at once via the Captures app. Also, you can upload an individual capture to OneDrive via the Share menu.

Once uploaded, screenshots will appear in the Pictures\Xbox Screenshots folder inside your OneDrive folder, and videos will appear in Videos\Xbox Game DVR.
Thema:

1. Trouble with XBox captures - can’t delete, unreliable iPad app and OneDrive spotty success - Similar Threads - Trouble captures can’t

2. Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC: Hello everyone, hope you doing well, Im having trouble to connect my new controller on my pc. I tried if it works generally on phone and it’s connected normally. On pc unfortunately it does not...
  3. Trouble logging into Xbox Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble logging into Xbox Account: Hi I can't login to my xbox account for days now. Except when it's past 12midnight in the Philippines. It keeps saying try again in a while then enter password over and over. I have reset my xbox...
  4. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  5. Audio trouble

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio trouble: I am trying to change my audio settings through the "audio&music" tab on my xbox one S and it's grayed out and that's typically a connection issue but I have never had a corded headset and have...
  6. Trouble with pdp controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trouble with pdp controller: I bought 2 pdp controllers within the last 2 months the 1 i have 2 year warranty on it other i dont but like as soon as i get it within 2 weeks left joystick is acting up and dont want to work. I...
  7. I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?: I'm trying to use my Xbox One, but when I turn it on I can't sign in, and it tells me I have to connect to the Xbox Network but it won't let me. I can't open settings or any other apps also. I've...
  8. My Xbox Series S is troubling to connect to internet due to LAN port bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S is troubling to connect to internet due to LAN port bug.: One day as usual, playing on my Xbox Series S when suddendly a network issue came out. I always use my LAN port to play online, since my wifi works really bad. The point is that even tho, i...
  9. "Check back in a little bit" "We're having trouble getting your stuff right now"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Check back in a little bit" "We're having trouble getting your stuff right now": Whenever I try and install a digital game I bought, it just says check back in a little bit ad73de0b-b786-4b6c-acaf-7a5a32330059
  10. I’m on Xbox series s and I’m having trouble locating the game capture upload queue. Any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m on Xbox series s and I’m having trouble locating the game capture upload queue. Any...: Im concerned the queue may be jammed. I tried basically everything from Turing it on and off and looking everywhere in the settings I even did a soft factory reset (with the keep games option) to...