Trouble with purchasing Minecraft Realms

Discus and support Trouble with purchasing Minecraft Realms in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I’m a 17-year-old Minecraft Pocket Edition user from the United States and would like to purchase Minecraft Realms so I can play Minecraft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mo2Gaming, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Mo2Gaming
    Mo2Gaming Guest

Hello,

I’m a 17-year-old Minecraft Pocket Edition user from the United States and would like to purchase Minecraft Realms so I can play Minecraft multiplayer with my 11-year-old brother, but am experiencing difficulties in doing so. Here is what the problem looks like on my side:

In the Minecraft PE app, I tapped on the “Start Minecraft Realms 30 Day trial” button, then agreed to the Terms and Conditions. The Microsoft system greeted me with a message saying that I “cannot play on Minecraft Realms because of how (my) account is set up.” It then provided me with a link for how to fix the issue. I tapped it, which brought me to a redirect page, and this stated that I was in a family group and could not change my security settings. Upon further inspection and a look at how to get out of a family group, I found out that the family tab said I was not in one. Additionally, after talking with my parents they have said that they have never set one up. However, the problem still persists and Microsoft keeps insisting that I cannot change my preferences because I’m still supposedly in a family group. What do I do from here so that I can purchase Minecraft Realms? I have a viable debit card, phone number and job and am not sure what to do from here.

Also, quick note: I do not have an XBox of any kind.

:)

Mo2Gaming, Mar 6, 2022
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Minecraft Bedrock Edition, Realms Problem

Sorry to hear it. If you are having trouble with purchasing the Realm then please give Minecraft Support a try as they should be able to help you https://help.minecraft.net/
  3. XBF - Evie Win User

Hello Mo2Gaming,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

First, please do not state your age or the age of any family members on a public forum – that is not safe. I have removed the age(s) listed for your privacy.

Next, please visit your Microsoft Account site and select “Sign In”. After you are signed in, please select “Your info” and confirm that you have the correct date of birth. According to Mojang Support, a child account is for all users under the age of 16 in the US & EU – so we need to eliminate the possibility of your account being a “Child” account.

Next, please visit your Xbox Account site and sign in if prompted. From here, under the “Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Windows 10 devices Online Safety”, please make sure that “You can join multiplayer games” is set to “Allow”.

Back at the Microsoft Account site, sign in again if prompted and on the Account Home page see if you have a “Family” tile at the bottom of your screen. If you do, click it and it will redirect you to the Family Safety site. Under “Your Family”, if you see your account (labeled “You”), click the three vertical dots next to “You” and select “Leave family group”.

If you are not in a Family group and have made sure that your settings are reflected to allow multiplayer as well as purchases, you may consider making a new Microsoft Account as a temporary solution and seeing if you can get past the "cannot play on Minecraft Realms because of how (my) account is set up" step.

Here is a support link from Mojang about managing parental consent, family settings, and realm/multiplayer access that I think would be helpful.

If you have any additional issues with purchasing Minecraft Realms, we suggest that you reach out to Mojang support directly as they can provide you with 1:1 support that we in the Forums cannot.

Sincerely,

XBF – Evie

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
  4. maykel123 Win User

Hello Mo2Gaming,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

First, please do not state your age or the age of any family members on a public forum – that is not safe. I have removed the age(s) listed for your privacy.

Next, please visit your Microsoft Account site and select “Sign In”. After you are signed in, please select “Your info” and confirm that you have the correct date of birth. According to Mojang Support, a child account is for all users under the age of 16 in the US & EU – so we need to eliminate the possibility of your account being a “Child” account.

Next, please visit your Xbox Account site and sign in if prompted. From here, under the “Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Windows 10 devices Online Safety”, please make sure that “You can join multiplayer games” is set to “Allow”.

Back at the Microsoft Account site, sign in again if prompted and on the Account Home page see if you have a “Family” tile at the bottom of your screen. If you do, click it and it will redirect you to the Family Safety site. Under “Your Family”, if you see your account (labeled “You”), click the three vertical dots next to “You” and select “Leave family group”.

If you are not in a Family group and have made sure that your settings are reflected to allow multiplayer as well as purchases, you may consider making a new Microsoft Account as a temporary solution and seeing if you can get past the "cannot play on Minecraft Realms because of how (my) account is set up" step.

Here is a support link from Mojang about managing parental consent, family settings, and realm/multiplayer access that I think would be helpful.

If you have any additional issues with purchasing Minecraft Realms, we suggest that you reach out to Mojang support directly as they can provide you with 1:1 support that we in the Forums cannot.

Sincerely,

XBF – Evie

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
    grasias
  5. maykel123 Win User

Hello,

I’m a **age removed for privacy** Minecraft Pocket Edition user from the United States and would like to purchase Minecraft Realms so I can play Minecraft multiplayer with my **age removed for privacy** brother, but am experiencing difficulties in doing so. Here is what the problem looks like on my side:

In the Minecraft PE app, I tapped on the “Start Minecraft Realms 30 Day trial” button, then agreed to the Terms and Conditions. The Microsoft system greeted me with a message saying that I “cannot play on Minecraft Realms because of how (my) account is set up.” It then provided me with a link for how to fix the issue. I tapped it, which brought me to a redirect page, and this stated that I was in a family group and could not change my security settings. Upon further inspection and a look at how to get out of a family group, I found out that the family tab said I was not in one. Additionally, after talking with my parents they have said that they have never set one up. However, the problem still persists and Microsoft keeps insisting that I cannot change my preferences because I’m still supposedly in a family group. What do I do from here so that I can purchase Minecraft Realms? I have a viable debit card, phone number and job and am not sure what to do from here.

Also, quick note: I do not have an Xbox of any kind.
    grasias
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Problema en la compra y creación de un realm de minecraft[Problem with buying and creating a minecraft realm]

Hello urielrc,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your purchase of a Minecraft Realm not accessible after purchase. For help with your Minecraft Realm, please check out:

Minecraft Help Center

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Trouble with purchasing Minecraft Realms - Similar Threads - Trouble purchasing Minecraft

2. troubles signing in

in XBoX on Consoles
    troubles signing in: i have troubles signing in, it shows a white screen. i DO NOT want to remove all my accounts cause they are old and store lots of items. PLEASE help!! 83f0ba8b-7f90-4ee8-b247-cf6f80bae2e9
  3. Minecraft Username Switching Trouble

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Username Switching Trouble: Hello, I was told to post this here rather than contacting Minecraft Support, as they no longer deal with this kind of problem since the account migration happened. I own two Minecraft accounts...
  4. Having trouble playing games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having trouble playing games: I have to sign in with another account on my Xbox when ever I want to play a specific game on my new Xbox, even games that I bought, this never happened on the old one and just don’t know what I...
  5. Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble: Hi i have been unable to be interested in group posts and unable to make a post on my xbox one i have checked my security settings which are unrestricted i have looked at other questions same as...
  6. Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC: Hello everyone, hope you doing well, Im having trouble to connect my new controller on my pc. I tried if it works generally on phone and it’s connected normally. On pc unfortunately it does not...
  7. Trouble logging into Xbox Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble logging into Xbox Account: Hi I can't login to my xbox account for days now. Except when it's past 12midnight in the Philippines. It keeps saying try again in a while then enter password over and over. I have reset my xbox...
  8. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  9. Audio trouble

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio trouble: I am trying to change my audio settings through the "audio&music" tab on my xbox one S and it's grayed out and that's typically a connection issue but I have never had a corded headset and have...
  10. Trouble with pdp controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trouble with pdp controller: I bought 2 pdp controllers within the last 2 months the 1 i have 2 year warranty on it other i dont but like as soon as i get it within 2 weeks left joystick is acting up and dont want to work. I...