Trouble with child account on xbox one under family safety/xbox privacy settings

Discus and support Trouble with child account on xbox one under family safety/xbox privacy settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 2 child accounts and one I cannot change settings of at ms family safety site -get red circle on their gamertag. I think date of birth etc is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AstrogirlUran, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Trouble with child account on xbox one under family safety/xbox privacy settings

I have 2 child accounts and one I cannot change settings of at ms family safety site -get red circle on their gamertag. I think date of birth etc is correct and it is listed as a child account on main family safety site with mine as adult. Also they are
    able to browse sites without permission on console because of this I think instead of my password being ased for. Family safety is working fine on PC though.

How to fix this?

:)

AstrogirlUran, Dec 30, 2015
  2. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest
    Child account with no parent account

Hello there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. In order to manage the privacy settings of a child account, you will have to add an adult account to the family first :

Add members to your Microsoft family

You will need to add this child account to an adult accounts family. you can then follow the instructions on this link to manage the child account's privacy settings :

Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and children

Hope this helps!

XBF Chris J, Dec 30, 2015
  3. How to change privacy settings in Xbox account

How do you change the privacy settings in my XBOX account for PC. I've bought Minecraft for my son and to allow him to user the multiplayer gaming it says you need to amend privacy settings, but whenever you try to do this it just brings up this information
    page?

Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings
    Only a parent using the Microsoft family service can change Xbox privacy and online safety settings for a child account. If you're having trouble changing your settings, make sure your Microsoft account is a parent account in a Microsoft family. See whether
    you're a child or an adult in a family by signing in at account.microsoft.com/family. To change your settings:

• Sign in to the Xbox settings page with your Microsoft account.
    • Choose the gamertag for your child’s account.
    • Choose which Privacy tab you’d like to see, and change the settings on the tab.
    • Select Save before leaving or switching to another tab. Then have your child sign in and sign out of their account to make the changes take effect.
    See Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and children

Newminecraft157, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Trouble with child account on xbox one under family safety/xbox privacy settings

I am having the same issue with both of my kids accounts.

mortaldragon37, Jan 3, 2016
  5. I rang Xbox support and they said cannot change adult to child account as seems my son's account accidentally set to wrong age (year) maybe missed setting while setting up on console and so gone through as adult account -hence unable to monitor it on family
    safety (despite orig account on family safety stating his actual date of birth). Pity Microsoft can't just use this when adding child to console rather than having to readd a dob.

Here is a workaround for other parents in same situation:

Create new Microsoft login email and sign in with this to make new gamer tag (in later steps below). Beware though will lose game saves and profile data etc but games bought with old gamertag will remain on same console - or maybe will transfer if that
    gamertag is kept and used later to download games again on another console -so don't delete old one.

I have successfully now added my son to child account on xbox as intended -however this time I first signed in with his new email at xbox live creating a free live membership which clearly asked for his date of birth and I double checked it was correct this
    time. Then on console I added him not straight in but via my login -all settings -family settings - add to family -here it picked him up correctly as child account. I have also removed old gamertag but not account online in case ever need it as I have one
    game downloaded via that. However game is still playable on current console.

Furthermore: you had best use new email at outlook.com as login on windows 10 too if your child has a profile on that (as xbox gamertag synchs with the outlook email it is associated with for login). However first change old email login profile on Windows
    10 to a local account -via settings -accounts and then log in with new email created. I used same pword as had before for new email when setup. Also before the local account changing - it may be safer to uninstall old mail, calendar and xbox apps associated
    with old email and gamertag -via app listing -right-click and uninstall. Then after switching to a local account log back in with new email and reload these apps from store and setup as had before with new email. Xbox app should pickup the new gamertag then.

Hope this helps others.

Again keep old email as another login or attach to another profile as may need it to use any games purchased via it -unless able to transfer these to new email profile.

AstrogirlUran, Oct 31, 2018
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Child account with no parent account

Hello there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. In order to manage the privacy settings of a child account, you will have to add an adult account to the family first :

Add members to your Microsoft family

You will need to add this child account to an adult accounts family. you can then follow the instructions on this link to manage the child account's privacy settings :

Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and children

Hope this helps!
  7. T3chnlgydude Win User

I can't connect to my Xbox account

To change privacy and safety settings for your account
    1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, then go to System > Settings > Account.
    3. Under Privacy & online safety, select Xbox Live privacy.
    4. Choose a default, or customize your settings by selecting View details & customize.
    To change privacy and safety settings for a child’s account
    1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, then go to System > Settings > Account.
    3. Under Account, select Family settings > Manage family members.
    4. Select the child whose settings you want to update.
    5. Select Privacy & online safety, then choose default settings, or customize by selecting View details & customize.
  8. XBF Meryem R Win User

Parental restrictions while not in a family

Hello there!

In order to fix your issue, you will need to first check your date of birth on your Microsoft account. If it shows that you are under 18, you will need to add yourself to a Microsoft family as a child with a parent account that can manage your restrictions.

Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support
  9. Jesse E' Win User

I recently migrated my Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft and cant play multiplayer

When that happens, it means you're on a child account. Microsoft considers all accounts below 21 years as child accounts and the privacy settings page in inaccessible for them by default.

To change your privacy settings you'll need a parent/adult account. They'll need to add you to their family group as "Member", then go into that page and enable those settings for you.

The details are outlined here under the "Manage settings on Xbox.com" tab and "Manage a member's online safety and privacy settings" sub-tab.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...
  10. SepiaMX Win User

Parental Consent for multiplayer games

Hi there,

You can find all the information here

Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and kids

To change privacy and safety settings for a child’s account
    1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    3. Under Account, select Family settings > Manage family members.
    4. Select the child whose settings you want to update.
    5. Select Privacy & online safety, then choose default settings, or customize by selecting View details & customize.
    The View details and customize menu will allow you to choose specific settings for that account, for example join multiplayer games.
Thema:

Trouble with child account on xbox one under family safety/xbox privacy settings

1. Trouble with child account on xbox one under family safety/xbox privacy settings - Similar Threads - Trouble child account

2. trouble with xbox Tcui

in XBoX on Windows
    trouble with xbox Tcui: Hi all,Every time i load the launcher and click Microsoft login "GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working" pops up and then it says that i cant sign into xbox live. Ive tried resting the app...
  3. Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues: Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues Hey everyone I just bought F1 22 for Xbox One. After installing it for the first time on my first gen Xbox One, I was experiencing several...
  4. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  5. I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox: I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox for some reason every time i put enable to use and it goes to sign in to my xbox account the website won't come up to let me sign in its...
  6. Trouble with the looking for group

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with the looking for group: Everytime I try to create looking for group it says there was a problem posting your looking for a group. I don't understand why I have a problem, I even restarted my Xbox multiple times....
  7. having trouble with malfunctioning issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    having trouble with malfunctioning issue.: Im having a weird issue with all my controller having this issue where the audio lags very bad and the controller can start to malfunction and restart itself and the audio will be really choppy...
  8. Trouble joining worlds with add-ons Minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trouble joining worlds with add-ons Minecraft.: Hello, I am currently having troubles when joining a minecraft bedrock world on Xbox. I have enabled some add-ons from the marketplace store (dragon fire, tinkerers construct, etc.) and whenever...
  9. I am having some password troubles

in XboX Insiders
    I am having some password troubles: Hello! I have had an Xbox series s I believe for about five years now and I was lucky enough to get the Xbox series x. Unfortunately I do not know the password for the email to be able to transfer...
  10. Having Microsoft linked email troubles

in XboX Insiders
    Having Microsoft linked email troubles: Having Microsoft linked email troubles So I’m now 18 and wanted to put my Xbox account under my name. The only way I could do that was by linking a personal email with my Dads one. Now I receive...