Trouble redeeming Java addition for windows 10

Discus and support Trouble redeeming Java addition for windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm sure this is common, but I have Minecraft for windows 10, and have Minecraft Bedrock addition as I've paid for it, and have had it for quite some... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DJ NateMay, Mar 28, 2023.

1. DJ NateMay
    DJ NateMay Guest

I'm sure this is common, but I have Minecraft for windows 10, and have Minecraft Bedrock addition as I've paid for it, and have had it for quite some time. However, I am unable to redeem Minecraft Java addition in the launcher, or the Microsoft store. It says I have to buy Bedrock and Java together as one package, instead of letting me redeem the other half of the product.

Trouble redeeming Java addition for windows 10 [​IMG]

Trouble redeeming Java addition for windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

DJ NateMay, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

I will recommend first following the official instructions to get the other version of Minecraft that you are looking for

"If you have bought Minecraft before, you’re now getting the other edition for free. Woot! Follow these steps to redeem it:

Click here to go to the Microsoft Store listing for Minecraft: Java & Bedrock for PC.

Sign-in to the Microsoft Store with your Microsoft account. Please note: If you still only have a Mojang account and have not yet migrated to a Microsoft account, you will have to migrate to a Microsoft account before you can redeem your new game. Don’t fret, migrating your account is easy and free! (Click here to learn more about account migration or migrate your account now to take advantage of this offer.)

Once you’re signed in, instead of a “Buy” button you should see a button that says “Get.” Click this button – and now you own both editions!"

source:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/66...

Please let me know if you are having problems following any steps!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  3. Belle B Win User

Hi DJ, I'd love to help.

Sorry to hear about that, however, kindly open your Microsoft store app and see if you're logged in using the same account as what you have on the Xbox app.

Because if you have a different Store account from your gaming account, unfortunately, the Minecraft Java access isn't shareable, you'll only be able to access the Windows version of the game.

Thus, you would only need to sign in on the Xbox app and Minecraft launcher using the same account you have on the Microsoft store app to access the Java edition.

Just note that if you provide any screenshots kindly cover or remove any personal information.

Thank you, Let me know.
  4. DJ NateMay Win User

Unfortunately I already have a Microsoft account, and it doesn't seem like I can get the other addition at all. Its still opting me to buy both versions for (which I already own Bedrock) for an entire price. Is there anything else I can do?
  5. Stav Bar Win User

happens here as well,

connected to the microsoft store and game with the same email, got the same issue.

was it resolved for you?

thanks
  6. DJ NateMay Win User

As for an update, I am certainty logged into the correct account on all platforms, the same I've got Bedrock on. As for new information, I was able to 'download' Java from the Microsoft store, however its still only allowing me to play the demo; and nothing else. However, I did find that being in family sharing can remove your ability to get Java. We handled that and we removed my account from family sharing. However, the problem still persist. I have no way of accessing Minecraft Java still. Honestly I'm not sure what can be done. I've called Mojang support for a few hours and always ended up back to the automatic response machine; and despite clicking 'speak to a operator' each time I was sent back to the answering machine.

Is there any steps I can take to fix this situation?
Thema:

1. Trouble redeeming Java addition for windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trouble redeeming Java

2. troubles signing in

in XBoX on Consoles
    troubles signing in: i have troubles signing in, it shows a white screen. i DO NOT want to remove all my accounts cause they are old and store lots of items. PLEASE help!! 83f0ba8b-7f90-4ee8-b247-cf6f80bae2e9
  3. Minecraft Username Switching Trouble

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Username Switching Trouble: Hello, I was told to post this here rather than contacting Minecraft Support, as they no longer deal with this kind of problem since the account migration happened. I own two Minecraft accounts...
  4. Having trouble playing games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having trouble playing games: I have to sign in with another account on my Xbox when ever I want to play a specific game on my new Xbox, even games that I bought, this never happened on the old one and just don’t know what I...
  5. Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble: Hi i have been unable to be interested in group posts and unable to make a post on my xbox one i have checked my security settings which are unrestricted i have looked at other questions same as...
  6. Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC: Hello everyone, hope you doing well, Im having trouble to connect my new controller on my pc. I tried if it works generally on phone and it’s connected normally. On pc unfortunately it does not...
  7. Trouble logging into Xbox Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble logging into Xbox Account: Hi I can't login to my xbox account for days now. Except when it's past 12midnight in the Philippines. It keeps saying try again in a while then enter password over and over. I have reset my xbox...
  8. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  9. Audio trouble

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio trouble: I am trying to change my audio settings through the "audio&music" tab on my xbox one S and it's grayed out and that's typically a connection issue but I have never had a corded headset and have...
  10. Trouble redeeming rewards points on Xbox Rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    Trouble redeeming rewards points on Xbox Rewards: I tried redeeming 5000 reward points for a 5$ gift card. It says something went wrong and now my points are gone and I don't have a gift card balance. What are my options?...