Trouble Adding Account to the Xbox One

Discus and support Trouble Adding Account to the Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So ever since the march update (I just updated mine a few days back so this is fairly recent) I’ve been getting very bad performance on my console. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aviation enthusiast, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Trouble Adding Account to the Xbox One

So ever since the march update (I just updated mine a few days back so this is fairly recent) I’ve been getting very bad performance on my console. The first day I powered it on after coming home from 2 weeks away, I noticed that the console was not hooked up to power. I have a safety power trip switch which explains that but this is when things started going downhill, after I turned it on, I was met with the normal green “Xbox” logo as it loaded into the Home Screen. Now the double whammy here is that my internet also got turned off and I’ve been having issues with that ever since as well so that’s double trouble. However after I got it working, it said I was connected to the internet and Xbox live, however it would not let me play online games at all. Eventually after about an hour of fiddling with it, it allowed me to play the games. However this would not last long. After I got home from school the next day, I went to power it on again, this day would be the day that I suspected something was wrong. This time the internet was working, however my console, once again, was not connected to the internet. The same process above happened again only it took an extra thirty minutes after I even got a game running for the online functions to work. I don’t know why that happened, but the main issue I want to share happened just a few hours ago

I got back from school today and, once again, booted up the Xbox One. Same. Darn. Thing. “Connect console to the internet”. This instantly pissed me off because now I know what I have to do just to play a dang game or so. So I do the process of making the Xbox come online, except it didn’t work this time. It instead completely booted me out of my profile. Yeah. It booted me out of my profile. No big deal right? Wrong. I scrolled over the the menu where the profiles are and clicked on mine. It did it’s little loading symbol, however, that loading symbol continued “loading” for 20 whole minutes and got no where. So I canceled and tried again. Same thing. So I tried again and let it go for about 5. That’s when I restarted the console for the first time. Green Xbox logo comes up. Puts me in the menu not signed into my account. I scroll to sign in. Same. Fricking. Thing. So I restart it a second time. Same process. It had been about an hour at this point, and I moved backwards. So I did a hard reset and completely unplugged it. Gave it about 30 seconds, and plugged it in again. Nothing different happened. I proceeded to do a factory reset while keeping my games. So I start the set up period and I get to where you add your account. Except when I clicked add account it seemed like it was going to then it just stopped and canceled the request. I’d click “add account” again but, same thing. I restarted console for the third time and when I got back into my untouched menu, I went to add my profile again. It did it’s little loading symbol acting like it’s gonna put me in the area where you insert your info for your account and then it quit again. I was devastated. I’ve had this console for 5 years and nothing bad had ever happened to it until this point. I reset it again and tried using my Xbox app to set it up again. But I just put me through the same menus on the actual console.

I’ve given up. I’ve looked through Xboxes manual, their instructions, peoples experiences. And I have found absolutely nothing that helps. This is a cry for help. I don’t want to say bye to this thing yet. So if anyone has the same thing happening, and you fixed it, PLEASE help me. I’ve unplugged my Xbox and it aid on the floor underneath a little cove I have for other consoles until I find out what I wrong. Until then I’ll be monitoring this post and doing other things. Please do what you can to tell me though as it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Aviation enthusiast, Mar 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If you can also try and connect your console on a different network connection that would be great.
  3. Mister Gwyther Win User

Trouble adding paypal account

4. AerialPegasus1 Win User

Trouble adding child to account

I've been trying for hours and even tried turning off the Xbox and trying again and its still doing the same thing.
  5. Miss Portia Win User

Trouble adding paypal account

Hi! Is this the Gamertag you are having this issue with? If not, we can only help that Gamertag due to privacy concerns, so if you can post from that tag, that would be best. :)
  6. Mister Maka Win User

0x80a40019

Hey there RedDust696.

Sorry to hear about the troubles adding an account, are you still having issues adding your account or has the issue cleared up for you? If you haven't already, can you test with a different account with your Xbox One? Let us know what's going on so we can
    best help out :)
Thema:

1. Trouble Adding Account to the Xbox One - Similar Threads - Trouble Adding Account

2. troubles signing in

in XBoX on Consoles
    troubles signing in: i have troubles signing in, it shows a white screen. i DO NOT want to remove all my accounts cause they are old and store lots of items. PLEASE help!! 83f0ba8b-7f90-4ee8-b247-cf6f80bae2e9
  3. Minecraft Username Switching Trouble

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Username Switching Trouble: Hello, I was told to post this here rather than contacting Minecraft Support, as they no longer deal with this kind of problem since the account migration happened. I own two Minecraft accounts...
  4. Having trouble playing games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having trouble playing games: I have to sign in with another account on my Xbox when ever I want to play a specific game on my new Xbox, even games that I bought, this never happened on the old one and just don’t know what I...
  5. Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble: Hi i have been unable to be interested in group posts and unable to make a post on my xbox one i have checked my security settings which are unrestricted i have looked at other questions same as...
  6. Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC: Hello everyone, hope you doing well, Im having trouble to connect my new controller on my pc. I tried if it works generally on phone and it’s connected normally. On pc unfortunately it does not...
  7. Trouble logging into Xbox Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble logging into Xbox Account: Hi I can't login to my xbox account for days now. Except when it's past 12midnight in the Philippines. It keeps saying try again in a while then enter password over and over. I have reset my xbox...
  8. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  9. Audio trouble

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio trouble: I am trying to change my audio settings through the "audio&music" tab on my xbox one S and it's grayed out and that's typically a connection issue but I have never had a corded headset and have...
  10. Trouble with adding friends.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trouble with adding friends.: When I try to add a friend on Xbox it says I added them, you know the “You’ve added this person as a friend” stuff, and when I go to their profile it says I still have to option to add them still....