Trolling for Bans

Discus and support Trolling for Bans in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was just engaged by my first chat troll since Microsoft began implementing bans for foul language. Basically this guy just harassed me; constantly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DrunknMarksman, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Trolling for Bans

I was just engaged by my first chat troll since Microsoft began implementing bans for foul language. Basically this guy just harassed me; constantly taunting me and baiting me into losing my temper with him and then informed me he would be submitting a report
    against me. I know I shouldn't have lost my cool, but I think his behavior is ruining the Xbox community more than any profane words that are sent privately to these troll accounts.

I personally don't have strong beliefs that the words we label as profane are intrinsicly offensive (curse words, not including racial slurs or other definitively insulting terms) just because we're told they are, but still I do
    try to keep myself under control online and I messed up tonight. I just think that this type of behavior, that antagonizes players until they break, is far something that needs to be addressed as a much higher priority.

:)

DrunknMarksman, Oct 12, 2017
  2. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest
    quick scoping? lag comp?

Enough with the trolling and ban dodging.

COD 2 HALO, Oct 12, 2017
  3. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    3D question

I don't even know, FruitlessSum3, Endgamez... Stop Trolling, will you, as "i'll bet a ban"..

OCRyzen, Oct 12, 2017
  4. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest

Trolling for Bans

Block, report, move on. Never feed the trolls, nor take their bait.

J.R.G., Oct 12, 2017
  5. Exactly, easy breezy isn't it lol

JerrminRangwani, Oct 12, 2017
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    "I was just engaged by my first chat troll since Microsoft began implementing bans for foul language"

You do realise that the enforcement team have been suspending people for using foul language for several years?

It's not something new.

Daft Badger, Oct 13, 2017
  7. lbmtcu
    lbmtcu Guest
    Yeah. Great system....troll never gets banned, just person who calls them an anatomy name. Good job Microsoft...not really, that is sarcasm; please don't ban me for calling you out...

lbmtcu, Nov 21, 2017
  8. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Trolling for Bans

How do you know the "troll" hasn't been banned/suspended?

Daft Badger, Nov 21, 2017
  9. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Trolls would get banned if people like the OP reported them instead of losing their cool and responding to them.

Shaggy2000, Nov 1, 2018
  10. Shaggy2000 Win User

Trolling for Bans

Yeah. Great system....troll never gets banned, just person who calls them an anatomy name. Good job Microsoft...not really, that is sarcasm; please don't ban me for calling you out...
    Trolls would get banned if people like the OP reported them instead of losing their cool and responding to them.
  11. lbmtcu Win User

Trolling for Bans

12. Daft Badger Win User

Trolling for Bans

"I was just engaged by my first chat troll since Microsoft began implementing bans for foul language"

You do realise that the enforcement team have been suspending people for using foul language for several years?

It's not something new.
  13. JerrminRangwani Win User

Trolling for Bans

Block, report, move on. Never feed the trolls, nor take their bait. šŸ˜€
    Exactly, easy breezy isn't it lol
  14. xJCplDxSHESHO Win User

Trolling and bans

I had a similar experience in Cod ("something strange in these games"). He insulted me, I returned the insult and since I was in a group I received everyone's report and they banned me for a week, then I wanted to see if he also received a ban, but the
    message never came from xbox.
    From that moment I knew that it only remains to inform and wait for those people to be punished.
Thema:

Trolling for Bans

1. Trolling for Bans - Similar Threads - Trolling Bans

2. Did we get trolled or is this a temporary bug?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did we get trolled or is this a temporary bug?: MWIII Open beta is live right now. On the official Microsoft page it says the open beta doesnā€™t require any subscription to play. But when I enter the beta, it takes me to ā€œchoose the plan thatā€™s...
  3. Why does Xbox punish honest non-troll players for expressing frustration to annoying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox punish honest non-troll players for expressing frustration to annoying...: Why put punishing bans on players that follow the rules and enjoy themselves; instead of the malicious trolls who bug players to no end? What does it take for the Xbox community to voice their...
  4. What is considered ā€œtrollingā€ in Xbox messaging?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is considered ā€œtrollingā€ in Xbox messaging?: People that initiate problems and cause people to defend themselves and used a provocative word that really isnā€™t that provocative. Thatā€™s my situation, But Literally, people named Richard is also...
  5. Suspended for replying to a troll.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suspended for replying to a troll.: I don't like moaning so I apologise in advance. Only when I feel unfairly treated. I was playing Destiny 2 on xbox series X this weekend loving life as you do. Playing Iron banner, which is...
  6. xbox game bar capture bar troll me

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game bar capture bar troll me: hi all, this bar capture i cant move or anything? Is there any way I can change this bar? it's locked and I can't change it and my problem is that when I'm playing the mouse it accidentally goes...
  7. Wrongfully Reported by Troll, Account Suspended

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrongfully Reported by Troll, Account Suspended: Hello, this is the first time I have ever dealt with an issue like this. My account received a completely random complaint report from some troll account who sent me a typical hate message you'd...
  8. I ran into an annoying troll on GTA IV multiplayer yesterday.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I ran into an annoying troll on GTA IV multiplayer yesterday.: Video evidence available here: [mod removed] Yesterday, I was playing GTA IV multiplayer normally, until a user named [mod removed] joined the server. He at first did noting to disrupt...
  9. Troll and I

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Troll and I: I have played Troll and I on the Switch and it has alot of issues. It crashes alot sending you back to the system screen. Does anyone know if the Xbox One version has alot of issues?...
  10. A Griefer/Troll in your inbox? How I personally dealt with one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    A Griefer/Troll in your inbox? How I personally dealt with one.: TL;DR - Don't rise to the troll or griefer in your inbox. You can either block and report if using unsavoury language, or engage and make them feel useful like I did, thus taking away their power...