Tried to Fix halo infinite sign in loop, now I cant download gaming services to Redownload

Discus and support Tried to Fix halo infinite sign in loop, now I cant download gaming services to Redownload in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I started playing halo infinite on my PC when it came out on December 8th through game pass, I downloaded it fine and played for a while. A week ago... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JM557, Dec 27, 2021.

1. JM557
    JM557 Guest

Tried to Fix halo infinite sign in loop, now I cant download gaming services to Redownload

I started playing halo infinite on my PC when it came out on December 8th through game pass, I downloaded it fine and played for a while. A week ago when trying to play the game again I was stuck in an infinite sign in loop on the front screen. I looked for answers online, I tried many things including repair and resetting halo infinite and the Xbox app, but it didn't change anything. Then I tried to uninstall halo infinite, and repair and reset gaming services, I then opened Xbox app to redownload halo infinite, it asked me to download gaming services, and came up with a button to download it, I pressed it and it seemed to download fine. However halo infinite is stuck and now wont download, it errors. I suspect its gaming services so I try to find it, but it isn't there, it hasn't downloaded. I then try to download it but it doesn't show up on the Microsoft store. I then tried to do the windows PowerShell method, where you put in: "Get-AppxPackage gaming.services -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers", then: "Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse" and then after a reset: "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN" all in Administrator: Windows PowerShell. However on the: "Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse" part of the it, it comes up with: "Cannot find path 'HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices' because it does not exist." so I'm stuck.

:)

JM557, Dec 27, 2021
  2. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello JM557,

Thank you for further clarifying! I apologize if it came off as repetitive. I understand the error and have a list of possible troubleshooting solutions that you may try. Before doing so, can you please let me know if you're able to download other game titles from the Xbox app? I would like to know if Halo is the only one issuing you the error code.

Here are a list of solutions. Some may be repetitive and troubleshooting methods that you have already attempted. Please re-attempt the steps even if you have previously run them.

Solution 1: Please ensure that you have the latest Windows update, you can do this by going to your Windows Settings (Win + I) then restart your device. If this does not resolve the error, please refer to the other possible solutions below.

Solution 2: Reset the Xbox app to solve most errors, please follow the detailed steps below on how to accomplish this.

1. Press Win + I to open Windows Settings
    2. Select the Apps category. Make sure Apps & features are selected in the left pane. In the right pane, input Xbox in the search box.
    3. In the following window, select the Reset button. Then check if the Xbox app works appropriately.
    Solution 3: Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type PowerShell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
    3. get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    4. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
    5. start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    6. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    7. Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    Solution 4: Troubleshoot game installations on a Windows device Then scroll down to Still having problem and follow the steps to reinstall the game services.

Solution 5: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files (microsoft.com) If some Windows functions aren't working or Windows crashes, use the System File Checker to scan Windows and restore your files.

I hope one of these solutions work for you! If the error persists, please do not hesitate to respond back to this thread.

Thank you,

-Tali
  3. JM557 Win User

Yes, the error is the when I attempt to download the game on Xbox app.

I can access Xbox app.
  4. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello JM557,

Thank you for your response and for clarifying the error that is being received. To confirm, is this the error code you are receiving when you attempt to download the game through the Xbox app? I know your opening post mentioned that you cannot download the gaming service, so I want to be sure that you have access to the Xbox app before we troubleshoot further.

Thank you,

-Tali
  5. JM557 Win User

Thank you for replying!

The error code is 0x00000001, I looked it up but can't find a way to fix or fixes don't work.

I have been trying to download the game through Xbox app, and when I find it through Microsoft store, it only has the option to download it through Xbox app.

Sorry I was talking about the "Gaming Services" app that I think I need to play games through Xbox app, it is supposed to be downloadable through Microsoft store but when I look it up it doesn't show up. It isn't downloaded, so I tried to open it through links online and windows PowerShell, which both worked, they took me to a page on Microsoft store, but there is no button or way to download it. However I have found the app on Microsoft store now and it shows up as downloaded, it doesn't seem to have shown up on my pc though, it did before I tried resetting it.
  6. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello JM557,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox support forums. To make sure I understand the error you are receiving, you are unable to download Halo Infinite after uninstalling the game, is this correct? Let's try to break down the issue before we troubleshoot further. First, I want to attempt to assist you with getting the game installed again.

Are you receiving an error code while attempting to download the game through the Xbox app? If so, can you please provide the error code in a response below?

I know you mentioned the Microsoft Store app, but can you provide more details in terms of what you can see when you visit the Microsoft Store app? The game doesn't show at all when you search for it in the store?

Possible Troubleshoot

1. Please open the Microsoft Store app and login with the same account you use for the Xbox app. You can do this by visiting your profile icon at the top right corner of the application screen.
    2. Search for Halo Infinite, if you are logged in with the same account that has access to your Game Pass Ultimate subscription, it should look similar to this;

[​IMG]

3. Please make sure that you see Game Pass Included then click on the title if you are searching for the Halo Infinite Campaign download. If you are looking for multiplayer, it will say Halo Infinite and the display image will say Halo Infinite Multiplayer Season 1. Once the game is selected, choose the option to install the game from the app. This should prompt the Xbox app to open.
    If you are still receiving the error while using this process, please relaunch the Microsoft Store app, click on your profile icon at the top right corner of the application, and select apps and downloads to see if the game is attempting to install from the Microsoft Store app.

Hope this helps! If you are still receiving the error, please answer the questions provided above. Thank you!

-Tali
Thema:

1. Tried to Fix halo infinite sign in loop, now I cant download gaming services to Redownload - Similar Threads - Tried Fix halo

2. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  3. My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it: I’m trying to get my latency to drop bro it’s not working for some reason f121275a-60c0-4280-91ae-a514021a76a1
  4. You’ve already renamed this account please try again later, how to fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    You’ve already renamed this account please try again later, how to fix: Hello I recently bought halo chief master collection on Steam and when trying to sign into Microsoft put one letter Off my email and now I cannot gain access to the game at all. It is a cycle of...
  5. Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...: When I noticed it started to not work I tried to remove the bumper button but damaged it and now I'm worried if it is still going to be under warranty. 8e32780d-71e9-4eaf-88fd-969f19598914
  6. how to fix a error when trying to install physical games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix a error when trying to install physical games?: I’ve had a problem where every single time I’ve tried to download a game on my series x regardless of whether or it’s a Xbox one or series x disc, the download cancels before it even begins and...
  7. How do I fix this keep in mind I have no access to an xbox and I’ve tried to use family but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix this keep in mind I have no access to an xbox and I’ve tried to use family but...: [img] I really just can’t seem to figure it out 261c3497-fb87-4958-a44c-24aef7063886
  8. How to fix lost the connection to Xbox Live check the connection and try again error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix lost the connection to Xbox Live check the connection and try again error code...: help me! I have an Xbox one coming in and I really need to transfer my skate three save from my Xbox 360 over to my Xbox one that I’m getting in the mail for some reason when I try to enable cloud...
  9. Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC bugged when i tried to download it, how do I fix it?: I have tried everything from this post, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/halo-mcc-bugged-when-i-tried-to-download-it-how-to/3f49f0a7-a6c3-4b76-8698-a32b33e3ff7f and this post...
  10. Xbox 360 Error 8015000A, already tried all the fixes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 Error 8015000A, already tried all the fixes: I recently had to change my password on Microsoft.com and now I cannot login to my profile on XBox 360 because after putting in my email an error message that comes up that says "sorry there is a...