Tried all known solutions. With every reset xbox series x frozen at 'who's playing today?"...

Discus and support Tried all known solutions. With every reset xbox series x frozen at 'who's playing today?"... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox does not accept input from controller. I've tested multiple controllers connected both wired and wirelessly. Have attempted resets by power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Justin Smith5, Feb 7, 2023.

  1. Tried all known solutions. With every reset xbox series x frozen at 'who's playing today?"...


    My xbox does not accept input from controller.

    I've tested multiple controllers connected both wired and wirelessly.

    Have attempted resets by power cycling with power button.

    Have shut all the way down. Then unplugged. waited 10min. plugged back in. turned power on and still first thing I see is the profile select screen and the xbox continues to not accept input from controller.

    I have tried every way to reset in i can find online but each time its turned on it goes directly to 'who's playing today' screen and will not accept input from any controller.

    Any ideas?

    :)
     
    Justin Smith5, Feb 7, 2023
    #1
  2. Justin Smith5 Win User

    Tried all known solutions. With every reset xbox series x frozen at 'who's playing today?" (profile selection)

    After fiddling with it for 1.5 hours, searching for an answer, etc....I left it unplugged for 2 hours and when booted back up it worked as normal. who knows... probably ghosts. Thanks for the instructions on how to factory reset. will keep in mind if future issues arise.
  3. Rostom L Win User

    Tried all known solutions. With every reset xbox series x frozen at 'who's playing today?" (profile selection)

    Hi Justin! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

    Just to confirm, aren't you able to navigate through your console settings? If we could navigate through it, we should try to remove your profile and add them back again.

    If not, our next option is to perform a factory reset manually.

    We will have to bring up your Xbox Troubleshooter page.

    Check to see if you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter:

    1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

    Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 and 4) and then pressing the Xbox button.

    4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.

    Once you're on that page, select Reset this Xbox.
  4. Rostom L Win User

    Tried all known solutions. With every reset xbox series x frozen at 'who's playing today?" (profile selection)

    You're welcome, Justin. I am glad that everything is back to normal again. Not sure what happened there. Probably it was just a minor system issue :)

    Thanks for your patience and time here in our community. Take care!
  5. Jdmsx Win User

    Xbox Series X Major Lag Issues

    Hi there. I have tried almost every possible method of restarting, resetting and everything inbetween. Ports are forwarded, etc.

    The thing is, I have my Xbox One and Series X set up beside each other. Due to the Series X’s problems, I can switch off my Series X, and switch on my Xbox One, and have no connection issues.

    Both playing on the same wifi, both wireless connection, with all the same settings (except the Series X is running on 120fps).

    Something is not right with the Series X and I believe it’s more than just needing to reset my MAC address...
  6. Super Cat Elvis Win User

    Backwards Compatible Xbox 360 Games Not Working

    As of a few weeks ago, I tried to load up the original Xbox 360 version of Halo 3 to play it on my Series X before the servers were shut down. I know it's backwards compatible because I've played it on Xbox One X before. I get this error message -

    "This Game Is Not Playable Here - Error Code 0x8082000c"

    So I tried it with other Xbox 360 games, all the other Xbox 360 Halo titles, the Call of Duty games from Modern Warfare to Ghosts, all games that I know for a fact are backwards compatible, and none of them work. The same error message for all of them. The discs aren't scratched or damaged either.

    I got chatting to an Xbox representative who walked me through everything, resetting storage, soft reset of the console, power cycle, resetting persistent storage on the Blu-ray drive, Mac address, etc. literally everything and eventually settled on it being a problem with my Series X as it's a known issue that some of them don't play 360 games and that some Xbox Engineers are looking into the issue.

    So, in the meantime, I borrow my friend's Xbox One S to try and play these 360 games, and to my surprise, they don't work on the One S either. I go through literally every trouble shooting step, same as last time and still no difference just the same 0x8082000c error message. Got chatting to another Xbox representative who said it could be due to the store outages but, they only started yesterday. So, why was it effecting my Series X before then?

    I honestly have no idea what's happened. Before I traded my One X for the new Series X, 360 games worked and played fine. I just wanna play Halo 3 before it's gone forever, man.
    I’m having the exact same problem on my series x and on my Xbox one
Thema:

Tried all known solutions. With every reset xbox series x frozen at 'who's playing today?"...

Loading...
  1. Tried all known solutions. With every reset xbox series x frozen at 'who's playing today?"... - Similar Threads - Tried known solutions

  2. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.: I have just joined Xbox insiders today and I have went to play-test a game but I am getting a popup saying I need an update but I cannot get it at the moment, anyone know a fix? submitted by...
  5. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  6. Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?: The game technically comes out tomorrow but some have gotten the disc early. submitted by /u/bigglehicks [link] [comments]
  7. Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.

    in XboX Insiders
    Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.: There is still a bug where you cant auto redeem causing you to spend an extra 800 points every time. The auto redeem gift card won't stay activated. This needs fixing ive recently had to spend...
  8. Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.

    in XboX Insiders
    Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.: I was restarting my pc I don’t think it was a hardware issue either just wouldn’t let me login in on my JPandMe2112 account but if anyone can look into it I would be most appreciative. submitted...
  9. Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead)

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead): It certainly feels alot more stable. I know alot of it is at play with just the broadband provider alone, but before the update id start at a strong 800Mbps and drop to 400-500 for the rest of the...
  10. I cant login to my xbox account ive tried all my known passwords and when i try to reset...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant login to my xbox account ive tried all my known passwords and when i try to reset...: Im not able to login to my account because it keeps telling me the password is wrong and ive tried all the passwords for my account and im the only one on my account and now all of a sudden i cant...