Transparent Tiles on Xbox Home - Why take it away?

Discus and support Transparent Tiles on Xbox Home - Why take it away? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When is the option to have transparent tiles coming back? I had my Xbox Home personalized to my liking for the longest time a couple years ago, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by xL3G1TxSH4DOWZx, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Transparent Tiles on Xbox Home - Why take it away?

When is the option to have transparent tiles coming back?

I had my Xbox Home personalized to my liking for the longest time a couple years ago, and now I've had enough.

I have gotten sick and tired of constantly being dissapointed by every system update hoping that the feature makes a return but much to my suprise, nothing, nothing has changed.

I had a good looking home page for the longest time and now ever since a system update that took the feature away, I've had to look at ugly solid blocks all over my home screen COMPLETLEY BLOCKING my custom background.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to take complete advantage of having a custom image for a background.

Either give us that small feature back or allow us to be able to remove the 'recently opened' tiles off of the home screen.

:)

xL3G1TxSH4DOWZx, Nov 7, 2022
  2. Hey Papi Win User

Transparent tile

There is already the concept of transparent tiles implemented by the Xbox One. It may not be what you envisioned and you may have better suggestion for future updates to this feature. Head over to the Feedback forums and add your own take on the tile transparency
    or find the idea that best describes what changes you would like to see made to this feature. If you find an idea similar to what you want out of the feature you can just add your own comments to the idea to help further explain your vision. Cheers!

Adjust tile transparency
    Adjusting the tile transparency allows you to better view your custom background through the tiles on the screen.

Note You cannot change tile transparency if your background is set to a solid color.

To adjust your background:

1. 1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
    2. 2. Select Settings.
    3. 3. Select All Settings.
    4. 4. Select Personalization, and then in the right pane, select My color & background.
    5. 5. Select Tile transparency on the My color & background page.
    6. 6. Choose the transparency that you prefer (Solid, Mostly solid, Partly transparent, or Mostly transparent).
  3. adamblack93 Win User

My previous games and apps stay solid and will not go back to the settings "Mostly Transparent "

A solution can be found here (relevant parts included for your convenience): http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/change-xbox-one-background

Adjusting the tile transparency allows you to better view your custom background through the tiles on the screen. To adjust this:

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select AllSettings.
    4. In the Nav pane, select Personalisation, and then in the right pane, select My colour & background.
    5. Select Tile transparency on the My colour & background page.
    Choose the transparency value that you prefer (Solid, Mostly solid, Partly transparent or Mostly transparent).

The following additional information is taken from
    news.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-xbox-one-february-system-update
    :

Custom backgrounds and tile transparency – We’ve added tile transparency to the Home tiles to make your background images more visible. As a reminder, to set a custom background, go to Settings > My Xbox > My
    background
    . Note: some items can’t be made transparent due to usage rights/restrictions for certain images.

Let us know if the above solution does not work.
  4. Goatsnatcher Win User

February System update details

I've got the transparent tiles and they look good. Best to set the tile colour to something like the grey-ish one, they become more transparent then.
  5. toonarmy IX Win User

Transparent tiles

I tried a few different backgrounds and I would like an option as some look better with solid colours!

It's another nice addition though :)
  6. crasymumma-006246D7- Win User

Transparent Tiles

so the enhancement is an enforced change. Really should be an option. I like the idea but as an option!
Thema:

Transparent Tiles on Xbox Home - Why take it away?

1. Transparent Tiles on Xbox Home - Why take it away? - Similar Threads - Transparent Tiles Home

2. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  3. Mahjong lightening tiles daily challenge 12-10-2023 is not solvable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mahjong lightening tiles daily challenge 12-10-2023 is not solvable: The mahjong lightening tiles daily challenge for dec 10 2023 is not solvable. There are two you tube videos showing a win after the tile reaches zero which is not possible in the real game. You...
  4. The Mahjong daily challenge Lightening Tiles Dec-10-2023 is not solvable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Mahjong daily challenge Lightening Tiles Dec-10-2023 is not solvable: *The Mahjong daily challenge Lightening Tiles Dec-10-2023 is not solvable. There are 2 youtube videos showing a win after the tile hits zero, which is not possible in the real game. Have been...
  5. all tile choics are not showing in microsoft mahjong on winows 11 even when show all tiles...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    all tile choics are not showing in microsoft mahjong on winows 11 even when show all tiles...: The app shows multiple tile choices for Microsoft mahjong, but the reality is I am only getting one tile choice, and that is Oriental characters. How do I get all tile choices to show all choices,...
  6. How an I get my tiles back for microsoft mahjong? I don't want oriental characters.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How an I get my tiles back for microsoft mahjong? I don't want oriental characters.: How an I get my tiles back for microsoft mahjong. I don't want oriental characters. I just upgraded to Windows 11, and I am unable to find the characters I have used for years. I'm in m 70's and...
  7. Why is there a triangle with a ! inside it on game tiles?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is there a triangle with a ! inside it on game tiles?: These triangles are showing on all games on my family's second console that is being game shared to. That console is set to my profile's home console so my games and game pass ultimate...
  8. Legend for Symbols on game tiles

in XboX Insiders
    Legend for Symbols on game tiles: Is there a legend somewhere that shows what the symbols mean? For example, currently in the bottom right corner of all my game tiles there is a triangle with an exclamation point in it. All the...
  9. Why get rid of games & apps tile

in XboX Insiders
    Why get rid of games & apps tile: This update makes 0 since on the series x. There is no reason why you need 11 places to get to the same place THE STORE! Why get rid of the main tile that use to say games and apps just to replace...
  10. My Games & Apps tile is now Browse the Store?

in XboX Insiders
    My Games & Apps tile is now Browse the Store?: So, for context, I travel for a living, and I just got back in town yesterday and after an update I noticed this. On the main screen, the tile that used to say my games and apps now says, browse...